Outgoing? Clough to QPR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I want a Lear Jet and a house in the South of France

Actually.....this could act as a prompt for the Prince to give Nigel the level of resource he feels will secure promotion.

QPR don't come close to the attendance at SUFC, the most they've got is just over 18.000, that's it. Of course, if NC is offered a package that the Prince and McCabe won't match then he might decide to leave.....time will tell.

This might be wishful thinking, but I doubt Clough would accept a job there even if it was offered to him. Clough will look at the managerial turnover at QPR with the mistreatment he suffered at Derby relatively fresh in his mind. Clough is in a special position at United already, he is at a club where he has assembled his own structure/personnel so uprooting himself and them would be a burden. Call this comparison wild, but Clough is already in a privileged position where his influence at the club is similar to that of SAF at Man Utd. He isn't a coach, he has been trusted with complete autonomy of the football aspect of the club. I think Clough and United just 'fit' right now, he wouldn't want to rush changing a good thing.

This might be wishful thinking, but I doubt Clough would accept a job there even if it was offered to him. Clough will look at the managerial turnover at QPR with the mistreatment he suffered at Derby relatively fresh in his mind. Clough is in a special position at United already, he is at a club where he has assembled his own structure/personnel so uprooting himself and them would be a burden. Call this comparison wild, but Clough is already in a privileged position where his influence at the club is similar to what SAF was to Man Utd. He isn't a coach, he has been trusted with complete autonomy of the football aspect of the club. I think Clough and United just 'fit' right now, he wouldn't want to rush changing a good thing.

Hope you're right Deadly. I agree that we fit perfectly, Clough has the autonomy that will make his position stronger the longer he's here. Although it's not an influencing factor, the most they've pulled in crowd-wise is just over 18,000, tops. Clough has seen what we can attract, and if he does manage to get promotion he'll be able to drive us forward as I imagine would suit his vision for the club.

Wonder what our pal Onmi thinks about this?

This might be wishful thinking, but I doubt Clough would accept a job there even if it was offered to him. Clough will look at the managerial turnover at QPR with the mistreatment he suffered at Derby relatively fresh in his mind. Clough is in a special position at United already, he is at a club where he has assembled his own structure/personnel so uprooting himself and them would be a burden. Call this comparison wild, but Clough is already in a privileged position where his influence at the club is similar to that of SAF at Man Utd. He isn't a coach, he has been trusted with complete autonomy of the football aspect of the club. I think Clough and United just 'fit' right now, he wouldn't want to rush changing a good thing.

Was just about to post something similar. He strikes me as the kind that is loyal if he's being supported - he had plenty of opportunities to leave Burton and didn't. Unless he was unhappy with the level of support he's getting, I'd be very surprised if he would be attracted by that move.

Worth saying as well that if QPR don't go up the financial implications may be fairly major - they discussed this with Warnock on this week's Football League podcast.

I can assure you this will not happen. Cloughy's lived in the same house since he left school and will not move, nor will he take Will or Helena out of school. He would never put a higher wage over his family, and even said he would never manage anywhere that's not local enough for him to commute to everyday.

I can assure you this will not happen. Cloughy's lived in the same house since he left school and will not move, nor will he take Will or Helena out of school. He would never put a higher wage over his family, and even said he would never manage anywhere that's not local enough for him to commute to everyday.
Steve Coppell was like that too. Never really wanted to leave the London area (he did go to Man City but resigned 33 days later) since the start of his managerial appointment at Palace in 1984

Wasn't Coppell a scouser ,and he played for Man Utd ,why the attraction to London I wonder ?

Like what your saying derby and its good to hear that about his kids but do you honestly think if say someone like chelsea came knocking,he'd turn it down,somehow i don't think so.Money talks.

As for QPR,no chance as a couple of others have said due to the stability of their club.

Wasn't Coppell a scouser ,and he played for Man Utd ,why the attraction to London I wonder ?
His children were at school in London area and he didnt want them to change school. He is a dedicated dad just like our Nige as Derby Blade seem to say

Like what your saying derby and its good to hear that about his kids but do you honestly think if say someone like chelsea came knocking,he'd turn it down,somehow i don't think so.Money talks.

As for QPR,no chance as a couple of others have said due to the stability of their club.
warnock turned chelsea down !

Back
Top Bottom