Chris Sedgwick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Feel free to take this with more than a pinch of salt, but a mutual friend informs me he's signing for us in the close season.

*shrug*

Be surprised if he does, but just wanted to post my first ever ITK rumour and get the associated kudos if it was to happen.

Ta.

Feel free to take this with more than a pinch of salt, but a mutual friend informs me he's signing for us in the close season.

*shrug*

Be surprised if he does, but just wanted to post my first ever ITK rumour and get the associated kudos if it was to happen.

Ta.

I heard before Sunday that he was going to Wednesday, not sure whether or not their relegation has changed it. I'd rather we didn't bother, I remember him playing for Rotherham about twelve years ago, he must be well into his thirties now and just comes across as a hard working slow player.

I heard before Sunday that he was going to Wednesday, not sure whether or not their relegation has changed it. I'd rather we didn't bother, I remember him playing for Rotherham about twelve years ago, he must be well into his thirties now and just comes across as a hard working slow player.

You're getting him mixed up with Cresswell ;)

(Seriously though, I agree with what you're saying)

No Thank you.

My ex boss is a PNE fan and he says he is dire. One good game a season and he is so so slow.

He is also a Wednesday fan so i fear we would have another Ryan France on our hands.

*shrug*

Ta.

You're getting him mixed up with Cresswell ;)

(Seriously though, I agree with what you're saying)
Do you post elsewhere Houso under a different name? Similar post over on BM.

I only post on 365 and certainly not on BM. I suppose the rumour may have some weight (like Sedgwick) if it's being posted elsewhere by someone else....

Not true, I know you were PeteWatcher7 - FACT

*8 (and on one drunken night; 13)

As soon as i read (in the out of contract players thread) that this guy was available, i thought he'll end up either here or QPR. Typical Warnock/Blackwell player

This isn't true - I work with his brother-in-law and although he's recently been looking to buy a house in Sheff (his wife's from here), it's not the blades looking at him. So, i'm guessing Wendy, Barnsley or Donny. He was on a packet at PNE so don't expect him to drop too low.

I dont think he's the sort of player we would be looking at. He's no spring chicken and as PC just said, he's probably on a decent salary at Preston. He has always been a reasonable campaigner in my eyes but I dont see what he would add to the team. We have the likes of Yeates and Quinn who can do all the things he does.

If I was guessing at a local destination for him I would say Wednesday or Barnsley (possibly). Most likely the former.

He's a shocking player. Can anyone remember him up against Naughton in the play-offs? Complete mis-match.

He's a shocking player. Can anyone remember him up against Naughton in the play-offs? Complete mis-match.

That's quite true it was a mis-match. Although I never judge a player based on a one off game and I wouldn't say he was shocking - ive seen much much worse!!!!

However, if he cant use his wealth of experience to get the better of; or at least match a rookie full back (albeit a good one) then he's not a player we should even consider. I think most of us are agreed that the Pigs can have him. I'm sure he would add something to their side.

Every time I've seen Sedgwick play he's been bloody awful. He's like Glenn Little minus all Glenn Little's strengths.

And unfortunately, I can see us signing Chris Sedgwick. Little will be going, Sedgwick would be a similar replacement, we've been linked with him in the past and he's from Sheffield. I hope I'm wrong.

I posted that in the "out of contract Championship players" thread.

He's dire.

Back
Top Bottom