Ched Evans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ballinpigpubs13

Save Carlos
Reaction score
The only ray of light from last night was Ched. He was a diamond floating on a sea of shit. He was up for the fight unlike most of his team-mates. He covered most of the pitch and seemed to be involved in everything positive we did. Well done mush.

If we keep him, he'll score LOTS in League 1.

If we sell him, he'll score LOTS for a team in the Championship and we'll lament his sale forever more.

If we keep him, he'll score LOTS in League 1.

If we sell him, he'll score LOTS for a team in the Championship and we'll lament his sale forever more.

Not as much as we'll regret his purchase in the first place.

I doubt we'll see Ched take the accolade of League One's highest ever paid player.
Although it could be that no-one will pay his wages. Mebbes he'll go on loan with us paying something like half.
Good job we're a well-run club, McCabe saw all this coming, acted prudently...

And one of the few players to clap the fans at the end. Well done Ched, you were fantastic last night and have been since Micky came in - it's a shame some of your more experienced colleagues can't grasp the nettle in the same way.

There is zero chance he will be with us next season unfortunately, whichever division we may find ourselves in.

Yes, well done Ched.
Your performance pound for the £5m pound you've cost us has been amazin'.
Thanks for the memories.

I don't regret his purchase. I regret the list of managers he has played for

Spot on. Out of 5, Micky is the only one who has got him playing anything like I remember him playing for Norwich, too little too late though I'm afraid, I think we'll wave goodbye to him in the summer :(

And one of the few players to clap the fans at the end. Well done Ched, you were fantastic last night and have been since Micky came in - it's a shame some of your more experienced colleagues can't grasp the nettle in the same way.

There is zero chance he will be with us next season unfortunately, whichever division we may find ourselves in.

Yep, can't argue with that. He was the first to come over, that showed some, bollocks. And he was excellent last night. But buying him has been a disaster. Mind, we can't argue that he's helped us get out of the division, which was his brief, no doubt.

More than likely, but I've never been able to fault his effort.

Seems something has clicked for him since Xmas...maybe the prospect of needing a new employer when realising his team mates were utter gash!

Ched has taken a long time to settle but we're now seeing why he was so highly rated when he came. Has he been worth the money? No. Had he showed this form from the start, would he have been worth it? Probably. He is a young lad, adjusting to life at a new team. Just because he cost a lot, that doesn't change psychology. I think people are scared to death that Evans might prove them wrong right now. But right now, he is the ONLY hope we have of getting ourselves out of this mess.

He was superb last night and I hope we can find a way to keep that young man at this club.

if he'd have shown that form from the start we'd have sold him to norwich by now

Ched has taken a long time to settle but we're now seeing why he was so highly rated when he came. Has he been worth the money? No. Had he showed this form from the start, would he have been worth it? Probably. He is a young lad, adjusting to life at a new team. Just because he cost a lot, that doesn't change psychology. I think people are scared to death that Evans might prove them wrong right now. But right now, he is the ONLY hope we have of getting ourselves out of this mess.

He was superb last night and I hope we can find a way to keep that young man at this club.

Credit where it's due - very good last night and improving of late. But there's no getting away from it. A divison 3 wagebill will be around £4M. We're not going to willingly pay £1M to one player. And given the desperate need for new faces, his wages could fund 7 £3K per week players - who could do an excellent job in League 1. However you rate Evans, without huge investment that isn't coming, we'll need to offload him.

I'll have no problem in declaring if I'm wrong about Evans, but realistically he's run out of time to ever come near worth the £6M he'll have cost us.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom