Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

• Total voters

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Scored again yesterday making it 2/3 for Fleetwood in league one. His loan spell expires in January, I imagine we don't have a recall clause.

If someone kept that scoring rate up and was available for free, we'd surely want them here? (I used the same logic for George Long with clean sheets etc)

I imagine that with better players around him he could do well here as long as he is match fit, and if Clarke and Sharp aren't too old then he isn't either.

Would we rather have him or Lavery on the bench?

However.... there's so much baggage/pressure and it didn't work out before so why would it this time? Surely we should be looking to recruit someone else and not ever have to rely on him again (*ahem improve scouting abroad network*)

UTB

Don’t think it’s as simple as that.

I reckon that if Ched finds his fitness and form (which is possible) he’s going to be upper league 1/ lower Championship level.

Would expect that we’ll be wanting better strikers in the first team.
Although Ched might make a good back up striker for us but he’s likely to be mainly sub.

I’m not writing him off though, everyone deserves a chance
but I’m not optimistic about him playing any significant part again at SU but still think he’ll have a good career in league 1.

Why this obsession with how many goals a striker scores? If he skips past a man in the box and crosses to a teammate for a tap in, that's as good as a goal imo

Scored again yesterday making it 2/3 for Fleetwood in league one. His loan spell expires in January, I imagine we don't have a recall clause.

If someone kept that scoring rate up and was available for free, we'd surely want them here? (I used the same logic for George Long with clean sheets etc)

I imagine that with better players around him he could do well here as long as he is match fit, and if Clarke and Sharp aren't too old then he isn't either.

However.... there's so much baggage/pressure and it didn't work out before so why would it this time? Surely we should be looking to recruit someone else and not ever have to rely on him again (*ahem improve scouting abroad network*)

UTB

Can't come back until Jan

I think CW said he would assess the situation in Jan

Don't think you can recall these loans any more.

I think Ched was an okay gamble for the cost and I'd love to see him score in front of the Kop for us again. I just can't see it happening.

I still voted option 1 though, because it's so ridiculous.

UTB
Evans over Lavery 1000%.

Billy has scored 3 this year, how many goals does he need until everyone is off his back?

We are getting a new striker in this week (supposedly). Ched Evans will never get back into out team!

P.S. I think Evans is a c*** so I don’t care how many he scores for someone else in a lower division.

Since he's our player I want to see him absolutely on top of his game (and as it happens once I'd settled on an opinion I supported him throughout the troubles). I have rushed to see what his goals are like as soon as I finish watching United's highlights and they aren't great, he's getting into the right place and knocking them in reasonably well, if he keeps fit and continues to improve he'll be worth a start on the bench but right now he's in the best place for his game.

If he stays fit til January he should probably score about 10-15. A fit Evans scoring goals might be worth considering bringing back depending on who we've got up front and their form at that point.

If he's playing every week and goes months without scoring, he's no use here.

If he's injured most weeks, but still scores a few, he's no use here.

If he's not playing or scoring, he'll probably be sent back whether we want him or not.

For me if he plays week in week out for 90 minutes without any injury problems, then we have to take another look at him. If he struggles with injuries again and isn’t available every week, then send him on his way. I’m not too concerned about his goals at this moment in time. The first hurdle for him is to play regularly. The second is to demonstrate a good goal scoring record (however that depends on a lot of factors, namely the success of the team he’s playing for)

I'm not sure what scoring for Fleetwood shows. We need an all around CF.

I'm an advocate of getting rid/never signing him but he's contracted and nobody will ever buy him. I'd need to see him play 90 mins and look better than the 3 we already have before I'd commit either way

Ched's body shape now seems more like that he had when he was banging in the 30 goals. That could be a good sign.

Yesterday’s man. It’s been many years since his scumbag behaviour (regardless of the eventual legal outcome) unforgivably cost us automatic promotion. I don’t understand the infatuation unless it’s from “men” seeking validation that it’s ok to treat girls like that. He will be nothing more than a small footnote in Blades history, and that footnote will be about the damage he caused to the club. Let it go.

All about his fitness.

If he can play regularly until January without niggles or proper injuries impeding his progress, and score a few, then who knows.

The faux morality on here that is unbelievably still perpetuated by some is irrelevant to this conversation. If he's fit and firing in goals then Sheffield United would be stupid not to recall him. That's two big ifs though. The most important thing is Sheffield United. Not the moral arbiters, or Ched Evans. Sheffield United.

If you offer me a striker who has refound his form, isn't afraid to take a shot on, and has started scoring again, and all that whilst not costing the club too much... I'd definitely take him on.

Regardless of any previous baggage.

The faux morality on here that is unbelievably still perpetuated by some is irrelevant to this conversation. If he's fit and firing in goals then Sheffield United would be stupid not to recall him. That's two big ifs though. The most important thing is Sheffield United. Not the moral arbiters, or Ched Evans. Sheffield United.

You can call it faux morality, I’ll call it morality. Ok?

Why is it somehow a bad thing to take a moral objection to what Evans did, and therefore view him in a negative light? The guy’s a c***, no two ways about it. Just like Marlon King, Lee Hendrie and other scumbags we’ve had in the past. I didn’t like them playing for us, and I don’t like Evans playing for us.

It’s not ‘faux morality’ and to cheapen it to that is offensive to many people with varying viewpoints actually

Why is it somehow a bad thing to take a moral objection to what Evans did, and therefore view him in a negative light? The guy’s a c***, no two ways about it. Just like Marlon King, Lee Hendrie and other scumbags we’ve had in the past. I didn’t like them playing for us, and I don’t like Evans playing for us.

It’s not ‘faux morality’ and to cheapen it to that is offensive to many people with varying viewpoints actually

I abhor what Evans did. That said, if Billy Sharp goes and does the same thing should we transfer list him?

Marcos Alonso scored the winner for Chelsea against Arsenal yesterday, after killing a 19 year old girl. Would you turn down him playing for us?

Its like nuclear weapons. I'd love us to give ours up, but only if everyone else does. Until then, we are stuck with scumbags so will have to use them for our advantage*.

*as long as they are good enough/in the club's best interest. King wasn't, Evans might be.

Why is it relevant in a discussion about Ched Evans' worth as a footballer?

Back
Top Bottom