change our luck, change our kit?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

99.9%Blade

Reaction score
What do people think about a change of kit, either in colour or design, to bring a change of luck? Worked for likes of Cardiff and Southampton recently. If so what do you think? Monaco halves? 92 'laver' bright yellow? Back to Pinstripes?

I'd be happy with more red on the shirt (a bit like Southampton), as long as we stay away from those god awful diamonds

1975-76 was the first time ever that we had any black in the shirt, up to that point they had always been just red and white (apart from two early seasons when they were all white). We had finished 6th in the top division in 1974-75, missing the League title by a small margin. Up to that point we had never been out of the top two divisions and were close to establishing ourselves as a top 8 club in the country. 74-75 is the pinnacle of achievement in my lifetime and we've been in decline ever since, dropping to the very bottom at one point, and never looking like we could become a top 8 club ever again.

The point of this? Get rid of the black in the shirt, it's jinxed!!

Somebody has just sent me pics of the new Liverpool shirts. Looking at their change kits we have it lucky.....................I hope!

I am pretty pissed off with all things SUFC at the moment, other than leaving BDTBL, the thing that would tip me into never bothering again would be a change from red and white stripes. Fuck me, is nothing sacred?

PS. Obviously seeing Hoofy rock back up at the club tops both of the above!

I'd be happy with more red on the shirt (a bit like Southampton), as long as we stay away from those god awful diamonds

I think I am the only person who liked the diamond kit although everyone else preferred the away kit we had that season.

I agree though a slight change in kit style is a good idea but I wouldn't want to change the colours. Red is meant to be lucky...well for everyone else it is.

The whole concept within the club, behind the diamonds was 'we 'ant won owt for 75 year in stripes'. It was shit, as was the Ajax esque abonimation of the late 70s. Stripes or bust for mee...

Barcelona go from one style to another and it doesn't seem to hurt them too much. Fat stripes, thin stripes, halves, whatever.

I think that a return to the original kit, white with very thin red stripes, would be a possible option, although I quite liked the Feyenoord inspired one that we got to vote on a few seasons ago as an alternative to stripes.

Our away kits need to be either plain white, plain black, or retina-searingly day-glo.

Barcelona go from one style to another and it doesn't seem to hurt them too much. Fat stripes, thin stripes, halves, whatever.

I think that a return to the original kit, white with very thin red stripes, would be a possible option, although I quite liked the Feyenoord inspired one that we got to vote on a few seasons ago as an alternative to stripes.

Our away kits need to be either plain white, plain black, or retina-searingly day-glo.

We could just get better players really though.

A mate of mine used to believe our success depended on the thickness of the stripes. Thin stripes = good; thick stripes = bad. Obviously with the "Ajax" kit as the nadir.

What do people think about a change of kit, either in colour or design, to bring a change of luck? Worked for likes of Cardiff and Southampton recently. If so what do you think? Monaco halves? 92 'laver' bright yellow? Back to Pinstripes?

Are you serious?

Cardiff fans boycotted buying the red shirt.
Southampton fans hate this seasons red shirt. They'll be back to stripes next year.

In other words No not now not ever. Fuck about with the away kits all they like but never the home...

Remember the diamonds ??

Are you serious?

Southampton fans hate this seasons red shirt. They'll be back to stripes next year.

In other words No not now not ever. Fuck about with the away kits all they like but never the home...

Remember the diamonds ??

Have we ever played in hoops (except as kids in hula hoops) aka Hamilton?

Have we ever played in hoops (except as kids in hula hoops) aka Hamilton?

Not to my knowledge. hoops might make us look like Donny, but Bayern Munich have had hoops, stripes and a plain red shirt. If the football was of sufficient quality then perhaps the fans would be more forgiving of a radical shirt design.

Overview_over_historical_Bayern_Munich_kits_2.JPG

Are you serious?

They did until it turned out that the team was very good. Giving away thousands of red scarfes helped. The blue die hards are now a very small minority apparently.

I think I am the only person who liked the diamond kit although everyone else preferred the away kit we had that season.

I agree though a slight change in kit style is a good idea but I wouldn't want to change the colours. Red is meant to be lucky...well for everyone else it is.

Nope. I like the WWWWs (that's why they look like diamonds. We were sponsored by Wards at the time where we not?) and still have a shirt from then. I've given other shirts away (like the Midas one) but kept the WWWWs shirt :)

The whole concept within the club, behind the diamonds was 'we 'ant won owt for 75 year in stripes'. It was shit, as was the Ajax esque abonimation of the late 70s. Stripes or bust for mee...

If you look closely though, there are stripes in the WWWWs kit...

I still have mine, I know these things ;)

I thought the Ward's kits were some of the best ones even if we were sponsored by Le Coq Sportif and Avec. The Wards Logo was actually part of the shirt so none of this crappy sponsor fading and peeling off crap.

Not to my knowledge. hoops might make us look like Donny, but Bayern Munich have had hoops, stripes and a plain red shirt. If the football was of sufficient quality then perhaps the fans would be more forgiving of a radical shirt design.
Some real design horrors going on there IMO. Stripes, hoops - you name it. Trying to be Barcelona (or Palace) 95-97, before switching colour from red to blue 97-99, then back to red again! At least they've had the right idea with red & white stripes a couple of times. I'm sure the fans loved the Dortmund-a-like away kit.

Some real design horrors going on there IMO. Stripes, hoops - you name it. Trying to be Barcelona (or Palace) 95-97, before switching colour from red to blue 97-99, then back to red again! At least they've had the right idea with red & white stripes a couple of times. I'm sure the fans loved the Dortmund-a-like away kit.

Actually the hoops suggestion might be for an away kit. And they don't have to be red. Could be a white top with one red hoop and a black one, or dayglo yellow top etc.

Its not a change in kit we need.

Its a change in chairman.

We simply cannot carry on with McCabe in charge.

Lets wear orange, pink, yellow, blue and green, striped, diamonds. I don't give a shit anymore.

Perhaps we should have an all black shirt with a big red painted cross on it. We have been plagued by bad luck for years.

I think a brown shirt would be quiet cool, maybe with a bit of fur on the collar. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom