Change of shirt colour next season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BornOnShorehamStreet

Reaction score
I saw an article in today's Yorkshire Post that the prince plans that we play in the shirts we played in 125 years ago - white with a hint of red stripes.

Bloody hope note!

I think!

Mind you, as a one off, maybe it will work.

Was McCabe who said it wasn't it ? It's for our 125th anniversary

As long as it is tasteful, I'm not against it. Both of this season's shirts are shite

“I won’t change the colours or rename the stadium or anything like that,” promised the prince, when I interviewed him on Saturday morning.
“I bought into a big, important piece of history and I’m not going to play with that.
“We’re not going to be called Sheffield 49ers or change the colours to pink.”
McCabe went on: “Sheffield United is well known globally, but there’s no intention to change names or shirts.
“Sheffield United has a great brand, the Blades are a great brand. The red and white stripes will last forever, although next year we are going back to playing in when we first formed 125 years ago. That’s a white shirt, with just a hint of red stripes.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ging-blades-name-to-sheffield-49ers-1-6028730

If its only for one season and a close replica to one we have played in I cant see a problem

“I won’t change the colours or rename the stadium or anything like that,” promised the prince, when I interviewed him on Saturday morning.
“I bought into a big, important piece of history and I’m not going to play with that.
“We’re not going to be called Sheffield 49ers or change the colours to pink.”
McCabe went on: “Sheffield United is well known globally, but there’s no intention to change names or shirts.
“Sheffield United has a great brand, the Blades are a great brand. The red and white stripes will last forever, although next year we are going back to playing in when we first formed 125 years ago. That’s a white shirt, with just a hint of red stripes.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ging-blades-name-to-sheffield-49ers-1-6028730
mccabe is lieing , in all the old photos ive seen the kit is black and white
Mpjacko is right about him , shyster

The first kit was white shirts with blue shorts and blue socks......I reckon it will be a white shirt with red pin stripes, black shorts, white socks....but like Tarquin says, hopefully we wont have Macron in the mix by then.

I saw an article in today's Yorkshire Post that the prince plans that we play in the shirts we played in 125 years ago - white with a hint of red stripes.

Bloody hope note!

I think!

Mind you, as a one off, maybe it will work.

When i saw the title of the thread i expected it to say we were doing a Cardiff and changing our branding to Saudi style.

The first kit was white shirts with blue shorts and blue socks......I reckon it will be a white shirt with red pin stripes, black shorts, white socks....but like Tarquin says, hopefully we wont have Macron in the mix by then.

Ye, what is it about Macron? They're getting some really big sponsorship deals with clubs and international teams, and haven't heard a good word said about them yet. Really odd. Must be something we're missing, or the most likely reason - they sell cheap as wholesalers.

que people saying their macron stuff is "alright" and that they "don't get the fascination with nike or adidas, all their stuff is crap" Point is I wouldn't buy a macron shirt because they look shit, in pictures and when I've actually seen people wearing them. I'd happily wear an england shirt though because they look good and aren't uncomfortable to wear.

On the subject of the post I'd be happy for us to play in whatever colors are accurate to what the kit was like 125 years ago, arsenal's "redcurrant" one went down quite well

I am not against a change of kit. Red and White stripes has hardly been a lucky colour scheme for the Blades (or any other team for that matter). If there is some historical basis for the change and it defines the start of a new era, why not.

Only one proviso....................................no blue and white stripes!!!!

Southampton did a nice one with their retro shirt t'other season. And I'd quite like an Adidas kit please your Princeness.

I am not against a change of kit. Red and White stripes has hardly been a lucky colour scheme for the Blades (or any other team for that matter)

Hmm, Athletico Madrid? PSV Eindhoven?

Considering our 125th birthday is the day we play Wolves at home this season, I would have thought we'd have had a special shirt for that game. I wouldn't be upset at a retro one for a full season though.

That's not too bad. Black sponsor's logo and job's a good 'un.

New sponsor's logo

143nv68.jpg

I'd welcome that, for sure. Not only does it look good, but it's historical. Tradition's so vitally important to football. I genuinely felt bad when I learned about Cardiff changing from blue to red, also with the whole Hull City Tigers thing. Utterly disgusting. Imagine if we ended up being called Sheffield Steel Men or some godawful shit.

For one season I think it is a good idea.

Hopefully get a decent kit sponsor to make it though as we should be able to afford one.

Surely it would have to be the 89ers?

More apt at the moment would be the 69ers - bunch of cock suckers

Now, now, behave. You need to show a bit more faith in our squad. Even if they are a bunch of overpaid, useless twunts. The 49ers don't even play in pink, so i don't know where he pulled that from. We could be sponsored by a dating site for ugly people, seeing as our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

Back
Top Bottom