Championship players still in the World Cup

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Now 12 EFL players left still in Qatar. There were 30 at the start of the WC tournament.

USA
Ethan Horvath (Luton)
Josh Sargent (Norwich)

Senegal
Seny Dieng (QPR)
Mamadou Loum (Reading)
Iliman Ndiaye (Sheffield United)
Ismaila Sarr (Watford)

Australia
Riley McGree (Middlesbrough)
Harry Souttar (Stoke)
Bailey Wright (Sunderland)

Morocco
Ilias Chair (QPR)
Anass Zaroury (Burnley)

Poland
Krystian Bielik (Birmingham)

I would be very surprised if Poland beat France. It would have to be a lucky 0-0 with a win on penalties. Against Argentina they barely got out of their own half.

Never say never though, there’s been bigger shocks in football.

France will field a decent squad v Poland, who will do what they did v Argentina and go 5-4-1, sitting deep and trying to feed Lewandowski on the break. The French will just mop him up and go at the Poles and be 2-0 up by 25 and 4-0 at full time, spending 60 onwards tapping it about

pommpey

Poland are gonna get bummed fast and dry by France. You'll smell the burning in Sheffield

pommpey
No chance ! My wife has drawn Poland in her office sweepstake. Why stick to good footballing reasoning.

France will field a decent squad v Poland, who will do what they did v Argentina and go 5-4-1, sitting deep and trying to feed Lewandowski on the break. The French will just mop him up and go at the Poles and be 2-0 up by 25 and 4-0 at full time, spending 60 onwards tapping it about

pommpey
Do I detect a secret Francophile ?

Do I detect a secret Francophile ?

I also have Poland in the office sweep. But having seen them basically sit like a L2 team taking on Man City in the cup I'd say that France will have no worries in smashing them to bits

I loathe the French as a footballing country (although they have some capable players)

pommpey

All of them will be out next round.
Well, you should put £100 on it then, cos the odds of a win for all of France, Holland, England, Spain and and Argentina are nearly 10-1, which are quite long for a "certainty".

There will be at least one surprise. I'm putting my reputation on that.

Well, you should put £100 on it then, cos the odds of a win for all of France, Holland, England, Spain and and Argentina are nearly 10-1, which are quite long for a "certainty".

There will be at least one surprise. I'm putting my reputation on that.
My reputation is hanging by a thread. Come on Morrocco!

They’ll probably qualify for a World Cup soon with the way FIFA are going about it.
Poll time. Which event happens first?

Antarctica qualify for the World Cup
or,
Wednesday are promoted to the Premier League?

The real beauty of the poll is that you can't really imagine either happening anytime soon or, if at all. If either did happen it'd be a hard one to call and really could go either way!

utb

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom