Champions of Europe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nearly wet myself when they started singing that today. I know we haven’t won buggar all for eons but to be proudly singing about winning a “Chip shop cup” trophy which in reality is a Europa league reject trophy and lording it on us,cringeworthy.
It’s a bizarre one as we all know that Man City are the champions of Europe. But they went into a European competition and won it. I watched some of their games and they did well and fair play to them. They entered a cup and won it.

Would I be singing and lauding it over a side that’s just come up and are rooted to the bottom of the league in the prem, I don’t think so.

But again, in fairness to them, there’s not that many sides in the prem that they can actually sing it to… because most teams in the Premier League have been in better European competitions than them even if they’ve not won them.

Can you imagine them singing it to Everton, Forest or Villa when they’ve all had huge nights in Europe in bigger competitions 😂

It’s a bizarre one as we all know that Man City are the champions of Europe. But they went into a European competition and won it. I watched some of their games and they did well and fair play to them. They entered a cup and won it.

Would I be singing and lauding it over a side that’s just come up and are rooted to the bottom of the league in the prem, I don’t think so.

But again, in fairness to them, there’s not that many sides in the prem that they can actually sing it to… because most teams in the Premier League have been in better European competitions than them even if they’ve not won them.

Can you imagine them singing it to Everton, Forest or Villa when they’ve all had huge nights in Europe in bigger competitions 😂
Fair play to them but if it had been tongue in cheek I would have been a little more impressed,as our champions of league 1 is certainly a piss take.

Our “Champions of league 1” chant is merely a self-deprecating mark of respect to proper top teams like Man City and Liverpool. Singing it to West Ham is just embarrassing.
Exactly

Can’t believe how the West Ham following has become,is this a library,down with the millwall,going down,one Carlos tevez and they did one chant waving their arms not unlike Sir Cliff on mistletoe and wine🙈😂
Less ICF and more MK Dons….

I’d love it if we could win it and we’d be singing the same. I’m pretty sure that West Ham fans are singing this ironically anyway and they don’t genuinely believe that they are the best team in Europe.

Can’t believe how the West Ham following has become,is this a library,down with the millwall,going down,one Carlos tevez and they did one chant waving their arms not unlike Sir Cliff on mistletoe and wine🙈😂
Less ICF and more MK Dons….
They were very boring with their songs,we are in the south stand G block and were almost yawning at them. One Carlos Tevez,jeez 💤 etc etc. I would liken the arm waving to a Little mix concert.

Gutted I missed Mistletoe & Wine from my position on the kop.

I’d love it if we could win it and we’d be singing the same. I’m pretty sure that West Ham fans are singing this ironically anyway and they don’t genuinely believe that they are the best team in Europe.
You’re probably right, but they definitely have delusions of grandeur, similar to the pigs and Forest.

Back
Top Bottom