Calve 1st Signing ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting that Speed is keen but Blackie wasn't, maybe we have seen the first difference in their management styles?

Possibly, didn't see the guy so can't comment on what kind of player he is but it's only like two people on here disagreeing about a player.

Given Holloway's new found philosophy on playing football, it's interesting that the Blackpool fans I know said he played well in the one friendly for them but they didn't take him on either.

Could it be to do with their now ex chairman's views on agents? Or that he would only be a squad player their when he may want first team footie?

Interesting that Speed is keen but Blackie wasn't, maybe we have seen the first difference in their management styles?

Did Blackwell actually reject him though? I thought Blackpool offered him a trial and he left us to trial with them.

Could it be to do with their now ex chairman's views on agents? Or that he would only be a squad player their when he may want first team footie?

Based on another thread dealing with Stead and Hulse staying in the Champoinship I would suggest the player would be happy to be a squad player if the money was right?

I think Blackpool have enough PL squad players and were looking to invest their money in players that could make a fist of playing up there, that maybe the reason he was not offered anything by them.

I think Blackpool have enough PL squad players and were looking to invest their money in players that could make a fist of playing up there, that maybe the reason he was not offered anything by them.

At the time Calve was there they only had 13 players and they had a CB playing at RB last weekend, having said that, he did score from a right wing cross !

At the time Calve was there they only had 13 players and they had a CB playing at RB last weekend, having said that, he did score from a right wing cross !

Still think at that point they were wanting starters not squad players! Calve might have satisfied Oyston but not Holloway and not, it seems the rest of the board!

Signed on loan for the season according to this: http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2010/20100819_140019_calve-prete-a-sheffield.html

Google translation:
Under contract with AS Nancy-Lorraine until June 2012, the right side of 26 years Jean Calve was loaned for a season at Sheffield United (Championship, the second tier of English). Jacques Rousselot said that the agreement has been reached "on Thursday morning" and that the ASNL however continue "to take over part of the player's salary."

Good news if accurate.

That's a different lineup for sunday ,Nosworthy ,Jordan,Calve not forgetting Killa on the opposing side of the pitch.

Also on the official Nancy site:
http://www.asnl.net/102/asnl_24_24/actualites/fiche/196

As far as I can tell it says we've signed him on a season long loan. Could anyone with better French than mine translate it?

According to Babelfish...
After several weeks of discussion, an agreement was found between ACE Nancy-Lorraine and Sheffield United concerning the loan for one season of Jean Calvé. “We signed this Thursday morning and will continue however to deal with part of the wages of the player” entrusted Jacques Rousselot. Eighth of the last championship of the second English division, Sheffield United did not gain this season yet, conceding two null and a defeat.

It's a bit rubbish but you get the gist!

Back
Top Bottom