Buying players with the right personality

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
Just thinking about Lundstram and the attitude of players to their employers.
I guess it's similar in all walks of life/employment where different personalities bring different things to the table, but it's difficult as ordinary fee paying 'punters' as CW refers to us, to not draw conclusions from what we see on the pitch, and be offended by it.
We all have our opinions on Lundstram and, to be fair, some others in the squad (a certain Scottish hero to name just one) where we would question their 100% application.
I accept that it needs a manager with the necessary skills and experience to get the best out of the different personalities, but I just wanted to give a big shout out to Ben Osborne.
Throughout his time here, whether good or bad, he always gives his all, always seems to care, and I admire his approach to his role in being not just a Sheffield United player, but a professional footballer who recognises their privileged position. There are others in the squad (our Billy for one) who also show their dedication to the cause.
So in all the doom and gloom around, I just wanted to celebrate what is good about those who are in it for the love of the game, rather than to simply feather their own nests.

You appreciate him that much you’ve given him an ‘e’ on the end of his name for his troubles 👍

He’s been utter shite most of this season. Most of the team have to be fair. Fleck has shown signs of getting back to his old self recently though.

I feel sorry for Fleck. He played through an injury no-one on here knew about and was criticized when his form understandably suffered, all because Wilder didn't get enough midfielders in.

So I guess we will turning down players like Diego Costa in favour for Ben Osborne.

In all seriousness it's not one or the other, but we don't need to just have 'nice' players.

Back
Top Bottom