CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

just dont see burke doing anything at championship level think he will end up in league 1 seemed a decent swap at the time but callum robinson is twice the footballer burke is if we had tried a different system robinson could have been a success here but we just played the same boring losing 352 set up for 18 months

They just loaned Hernandez from Norwich.

Does this kill the deal or will Uncle Neil say "you can't have too much pace (instead of strikers!)" and still proceed?

My Norwich mate says he plays well in the 1st half but tires in the 2nd
No problem with that Silent a certain Mr Duffy was the same but he was a huge influence for us. Hernandez was one of Norwich's better players the season we went up. He has the ability to turn a game on his own. Surprised he has opted for Neil W and Kevin Blackwells brand of football but his signing is a coup for them.

Blades fans views of him has seemed like a competition in insults.

I think we agree that he's fast and strong. Most will agree that he's also worked hard when on the pitch.

I think we agree that he's not making the most of his physical talent. This is why he frustrates.

I think we agree that his tactical and technical ability don't match his physical attributes.

We don't agree about his potential, or a team's potential, to make use of his good attributes.

What's been frustrating me the most about him, is the way he makes runs which look promising, but he tends to end up with little to show for it. Following a 40 yard run he often loses his composure and touch at the end of it. He also lacks composure in front of goal. Being a striker still looks a bit new to him.

Some fans have seen Callum Robinson score the odd goal from WBA, adding further frustration about Burke's signing. Robinson has a good touch and is a good finisher, but he was also very poor for us. I think we were right to get rid of him at the time, although I think he will score a decent amount at this level if he gets service. It was probably a bit of a random thing that we took a chance on Burke when completing the deal. A Ravel or Didzy type chance that sometimes pays off. We didn't have a lot of pace after Mousset got too fat.

I think Burke is better technically then most Blades give him credit for. Again, the let downs are often following high intensity runs. He may have earned a better reputation if he made less of those and concentrated on keeping possession and staying in front of goal. But I think coaches want him to make those runs on and off the ball. There's been a few occasions where I think he's made a good impact.

I had a brief look at Burke's pass completion this season. They are:

88% 7th best
86 5th best
83 1st
92 2nd best

Some of those are as sub, but they are not disastrous numbers. Maybe they don't prove a lot , but many fans are going way over the top, even unwilling to call him a footballer. I think most athletes would struggle to control the ball at higher football levels, let alone distribute it to a teammate.

Not sure if Warnock will get more out of him. Burke's best chance to kick start his career will be to sign for someone who's eager to get in behind defences with fast, counter attacking football. It would be nice to see him enjoy his football and play with real confidence. GLTTL.
He’s definitely not very good as a front line striker, but there’s more to his game than a lot of people give him credit for. I actually think he’d make a better no 10 than a striker.

Much as I like laughing at Burke's comedic attempts to play football, isn't Burke the only winger we have in a team where the manager wants to play wingers?

I still prefer Burke over McBurnie....

There's very little between them. Which makes the £20m we spent on McBurnie look quite embarrassing. What I would say is that, once every half a dozen games McBurnie impresses and looks a player. The fact he doesn't do it more often points to a lack of professionalism. His off the pitch antics backs that up too.

Its a shame he doesn't realise that arguing with people on twitter is the opposite of answering his critics. Getting himself in the gym, training hard & dedicating himself to his craft would do that.

Jesus christ - expensive?? How much are we paying him not to play football?? o_O
I’d imagine we’re asking for a hefty loan fee to cover the black hole. If we’re asking 1 million for jebbison a player who we actively want to go on loan for development reasons how much do you think we’re asking for a player we want to go on loan for financial reasons?

Whenever I see him play it reminds me when I once went greyhound racing, and I remember that hare they let go and it runs like fuck round and round aimlessly !

As Bergen Blade says theres likely a player in there. I have no idea what his best position is nor how you would use his strengths to full effect though. Probably a side that wants to play on the counter as without that space to run into I don’t think you get anything from him. Not intelligent enough to play for a team that wants to play on the front foot. He’s a proper conundrum. Probably why he’s had so many clubs as he’s so ill suited to the majority of setups - maybe he’ll find his fit somewhere else but surely he needs to adapt his own game to become a better all round player.
Unless he's swallowed a midget footballer there really isn't a player in there

Blades fans views of him has seemed like a competition in insults
You're right in one way, and that is how social media is, lots of airtime for people who like shouting loudest.
Interesting though, your more sensible post got 25 likes. The stupid insults get next to none.
So lots of posts don't necessarily mean a common opinion.

He's just shit at football. Unfortunately for him, that bit is quite a big part of being a footballer. He's played every day pretty much, a large part of that being coached by high level coaches, since he was eight years old. It's not going to just suddenly "click" for him, much in the same way I could play football every day and still never be good enough at that level. He just hasn't got it.
I wish the Club would admit to never having scouted him - at least then I would have some basis for hoping that our scouts are not blind & deaf (a blind scout would not recommend Burke because they'd be able to hear him clattering into the advertising boards at the end of his run)

There is no way he's on £30-£40k a week,surely?

If he is that is ridiculous and outrageous. I would say £15k like Lowe.
Give over, do you really think someone who signed for £13 million to Leipzig and £15 million to WBA isn't on major money? Hardly likely to swap £50/60k at WBA for £15k at Sheffield United is he?

Back
Top Bottom