Bristol City FA Cup Preview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
A place in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup is on the line is this the biggest game of the season?

STATS:
* 6 of the last 8 have been won by the away team

* Darius Henderson in 2009 and Andreas Weimann in 2019 both scored Hattricks way from home in this fixture, not too many hattricks scored against us can you think of any before this? Perhaps Kevin Phillips rings a bell?

* This will be the first FA Cup meeting between Bristol City and the Blades since 1975 where United won 2-0.

MATCH PREVIEW:

The game is being aired on BBC Red Button and Sheff United Way YouTube channel is providing a free watchalong from 7pm.

* This will be the first FA Cup meeting between Bristol City and the Blades since 1975 where United won 2-0.
Remember it well. Dearden converted a fierce TC cross from the left at the Kop End. TC scored the 2nd a lovely swerving shot with the outside of his right foot from outside the box at the Lane End

We have to win tomorrow or my Bristol city fan mates will murder me with banter. Since moving down to Bristol and adopting rovers as my second team I couldn’t cope with us both being relegated in a season and blades losing to city!!

A place in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup is on the line is this the biggest game of the season?

STATS:

* Darius Henderson in 2009 and Andreas Weimann in 2019 both scored Hattricks way from home in this fixture, not too many hattricks scored against us can you think of any before this? Perhaps Kevin Phillips rings a bell?

MATCH PREVIEW:

The game is being aired on BBC Red Button and Sheff United Way YouTube channel is providing a free watchalong from 7pm.

I was having a relatively good day, then you mentioned Darius Henderson.................

STATS:

MATCH PREVIEW:

I believe the last 5 hat tricks for the away team at the Lane are:

Andreas Weimann, Blades 2 Bristol City 3, 2018-19
Ryan Sessegnon, Blades 4 Fulham 5, 2017-18
Peter Whittingham, Blades 3 Cardiff 4, 2009-10
Jimmy Quinn, Blades 1 Blackburn 3, 1984-5
Gary Lund, Blades 2 Grimsby 3, 1984-5

The last one in the FA Cup was in 1977-8 when Malcolm McDonald scored a hattrick when we lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal in the 3rd round.

The last one in the FA Cup was in 1977-8 when Malcolm McDonald scored a hattrick when we lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal in the 3rd round.

Great stats Revolution and you take today's 'memries' award, leaving Silent Blade trailing in your wake......

Macdonald only scored 2. Stapleton 2 & O’Leary got the others

Back
Top Bottom