Brian Deane article

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DSB-91

Reaction score

Give us a sign, Brian...

I'd love the man as manager truly my idol in red n white closely followed by hodges. But let's not get on the subject of managers!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/14/why-so-few-black-football-managers?CMP=share_btn_tw

Article in today's observer about the lack of black managers in English football with a focus on Brian Deane. Good to see him doing well for himself, he seems really well respected in Norwegian football. He also says he would be disappointed if he never got to manage the blades.

One of the most important lines to that article.

But Deane turned it around and Sarpsborg 08 dodged relegation by winning a playoff.

He sounds like a manager for us. :)

How we need a hero like Deano now he's folklore.

Good look Deano lad and thanks for the memories

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/14/why-so-few-black-football-managers?CMP=share_btn_tw

Article in today's observer about the lack of black managers in English football with a focus on Brian Deane. Good to see him doing well for himself, he seems really well respected in Norwegian football. He also says he would be disappointed if he never got to manage the blades.
Brilliant article must say !! But he needs to keep trying he will manage us one day but as the article says he was quiet but always articulate and always impressed me in interviews as knowing what he was talking about !!

Your idols as players should never manage your team. It will always end in tears. Legend for us as a player but with our short fuse with Managers he would be sacked within 5 minutes.

Your idols as players should never manage your team. It will always end in tears. Legend for us as a player but with our short fuse with Managers he would be sacked within 5 minutes.

Obviously there's lots of examples where great players had a go at managing their clubs and it all went wrong. Alan Shearer and Ally McCoist spring to mind.

However other ex legends have had great success like Pep Guardiola or Neil Lennon. Look how well Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth.

It is a risk though and there's a danger of tainting their legacy.

Anyway, we're not in need of a new manager at the moment and it's still early days for Deane's management career. If he keeps doing well though and Clough did move on, I think he'd have a great chance of getting the job. I'd rather take a gamble on Deane than pick another uninspiring journeyman from the same old conveyor belt of lower league managers.

Obviously there's lots of examples where great players had a go at managing their clubs and it all went wrong. Alan Shearer and Ally McCoist spring to mind.

However other ex legends have had great success like Pep Guardiola or Neil Lennon. Look how well Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth.

It is a risk though and there's a danger of tainting their legacy.

Anyway, we're not in need of a new manager at the moment and it's still early days for Deane's management career. If he keeps doing well though and Clough did move on, I think he'd have a great chance of getting the job. I'd rather take a gamble on Deane than pick another uninspiring journeyman from the same old conveyor belt of lower league managers.

In principal I don't take issue with your logic but for me its a case of wrong time wrong place for us. So much unrest and unease at the club, no real stability for years. To be honest I don't know why anyone would take a job at our club.

Give us a sign, Brian...

monty-pythons-life-of-brian.jpg

At the moment ..... I would be quite happy for him to PLAY for the Blades again !!! he can't be worse than what we have even at his age ....
UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom