Brewster starting up front

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mojo

Reaction score
Thought he was very good last night, beat Moore to the ball several times (who really should have been booked for 2 late challenges), showed some good energy, hold up, touches and linked up well with others.

The lad has never had a run of games in his preferred position. I think we should stick with him up front for the next few games and see how he does. He is a 23 million asset we can't just write off.

It was deffo his Best game for us, although that is a low bar, however he did not look like scoring at any point, but then again neither did Sharp on Saturday in this formation so maybe no one would have?

I would like to see what Brewster would be like alongside a tall powerful strike partner, I know some have suggested this could be McBurnie but I have my doubts. if only we could unearth a Brian Deane type from somewhere.

He was better last night,...... although that wouldn't be difficult.

People need to stop making excuses for him. He's the highest paid player at the club. We should be expecting a lot more than we get.

He's been awful.

Last night was his best performance. Still only a 6 out of 10.

It was deffo his Best game for us, although that is a low bar, however he did not look like scoring at any point, but then again neither did Sharp on Saturday in this formation so maybe no one would have?

I would like to see what Brewster would be like alongside a tall powerful strike partner, I know some have suggested this could be McBurnie but I have my doubts. if only we could unearth a Brian Deane type from somewhere.
couldnt agree more a big physical striker is one of the 3 positions we need to address in january dm and winger being the other 2 mcburnie definetly isnt the answer

He's been awful.

Last night was his best performance. Still only a 6 out of 10.

Service was lacking last night to him but he grafted and tracked back.

What formation did he play in at Swansea?

Maybe we already have him. Jebbison scored 2 last night and fits the bill. Not that I'm clamouring for us to recall him in Jan. I think the rest of the season in League 1 would be more beneficial and prepare him for the first team next season.

Brewster was better last night, and did make a few runs across the back line. I'd like to see more of this though - there were quite a few occasions where the midfield or MGW looked up and had no forward option.

he was a lot better but i find his lack of movement so frustrating. counted so many times last night where davies or bash had it out wide and there was a big gap in the middle to hit it into, but he was still on the last man waiting for something in behind. i get that that's his natural way of playing but if he's up front alone he needs to drop in more. but overall miles better

In the formation we played last night he was very isolated but still did ok. His touch then overhead flick pass in the build up to Bogle's first chance was superb. He was noticeably improved last night even Danny Gabbidon commented he was surprised we had taken him off.

His price tag and wages obviously cause issues but if he was from our own academy he would not be getting a tenth of the grief he does. Is it his fault he was hyped as a youngster and we paid a fortune for him, or is that our own dumb fault.

He is a long way from the finished article but there were signs of promise there last night.

Surely it's in our interests to try and develop the lad and build up his confidence rather than constantly bashing him.

Yes, can you imagine him in the Agana role alongside the powerhouse of Brian Deane, Jocky Bryson getting down the left wing and someone like Paul Wood on the right. Both wingers attacking their full backs and getting to the byline to fire balls into the box ? He would look a totally different player……. Oh for a decent attacking winger 😩

Definitely his best game for us, looks a bit fitter but he never looked like scoring and he is so weak, brushed off the ball so many times.

Give him a try for a few games but Jebbo is the future not brewster imo

He was better last night,...... although that wouldn't be difficult.

People need to stop making excuses for him. He's the highest paid player at the club. We should be expecting a lot more than we get.

Is he though? Berge will be on more surely.

He's always played up front if I'm not mistaken. A bit like Berge at RM a year ago, to be honest I don't know why we've been playing Brewster on the wing.

Definitely his best game for us, looks a bit fitter but he never looked like scoring and he is so weak, brushed off the ball so many times.

Give him a try for a few games but Jebbo is the future not brewster imo
Both in addition to garlic bread are the future

He's always played up front if I'm not mistaken. A bit like Berge at RM a year ago, to be honest I don't know why we've been playing Brewster on the wing.
England have used him wide in a 3 but on the whole yeah he’s been deployed as a striker

Yes, can you imagine him in the Agana role alongside the powerhouse of Brian Deane, Jocky Bryson getting down the left wing and someone like Paul Wood on the right. Both wingers attacking their full backs and getting to the byline to fire balls into the box ? He would look a totally different player……. Oh for a decent attacking winger 😩
Oh for Tony Agana - if Brewster turns out to be half the player he will have done well

Best game for us last night. He was very poor first half but finally started to understand what his job is. It's being an outlet. It's making runs toward the ball or across his man. He's a long way away from where he should be as a striker (I have no idea what his coaches have been doing for the last 10 years) but he put a real shift in and was also covering back for any midfielder who went past him.

I think he deserves to start at the weekend.

I already have written him off, if someone came in with 5M I’d snatch their arm off.

On the other hand, its difficult to argue with the logic of the OP, with our defence as solid as it was on Tuesday, I’d take a few nill nills to give him a run in his natural position.

Back
Top Bottom