Brayford interview...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Don't know what to make of it myself, doesn't give any hints away but does use the word we a lot (possibly something that has been learnt from Clough). He's said how much he loves this club so I was expecting a bit more emotion (maybe he knows something). I'm confident he will be a Blades player in the future don't know about next year though...

Ah bless you've clearly never been let down gently or had to dump someone that you've not stayed with long enough to hate. Basically it's not us it's him, we can still be friends though, once we're both over this. <never going to happen>.

"So John, fancy a game next season..."

Guess the interviewer was told not to mention next season....

He speaks more about us on the longer version of the video on Blades Player.

Talks about how he needed us more than we needed him, loved every second and "fell in love with the place as much as we like him".

As much as I'd love us to sign him...I just can't see it. .too good for league 1 and wages we can't compete with at our current level. Good luck to the lad he's earned the plaudits. .

....but now he's in a much happier place thanks to us, and he'll always love us for that. But to be fair to both of us, he has to move on, and be himself.

I think there is a trend that loan players perform rather well but when they sign permanently that level of performance drops.

Not that saying that would happen with John or the other loan players but they have set a standard.

So we have to be careful that we don't set ourselves up for a fall.

He speaks more about us on the longer version of the video on Blades Player.

Talks about how he needed us more than we needed him, loved every second and "fell in love with the place as much as we like him".

did he say "its not you its me"?

as much as i love the lad and appreciate all hes done during his time with us a £20k a week wage for a right back aint gonna happen when the cash can be spent wiser on a striker.

If we get into the Champ it might happen at some point but cant see it while we're in the 3rd Division.

If all season ticket holders pay £1 a week then we should be able to pay a good portion of his wages. We can call it The John Brayford Appeal.

Would love the beard to sign next year but:

the reason the PIGS are losing £5m per year
and the scum 35 miles up the M1 are losing £1m per month
and Bolton are £169M in debt
and QPR lost £60M last year
and Bounmouth lost £15m getting up to the CCC

is precisely the reason why we should NOT pay astronomical wages to a fullback.

I want a club in 20 years and as the 2008 financial crash was predicted by many, so the predicted crash of football WILL happen if clubs carry on playing stupid wages to footballers.

Rant over

UTB

Foxy Did you present the Beard with a signed and framed S24Su.com "the beard" T Shirt before he left?

Would love the beard to sign next year but:

the reason the PIGS are losing £5m per year
and the scum 35 miles up the M1 are losing £1m per month
and Bolton are £169M in debt
and QPR lost £60M last year
and Bounmouth lost £15m getting up to the CCC

is precisely the reason why we should NOT pay astronomical wages to a fullback.

I want a club in 20 years and as the 2008 financial crash was predicted by many, so the predicted crash of football WILL happen if clubs carry on playing stupid wages to footballers.

Rant over

UTB

If Carlsberg did fullbacks....

Back
Top Bottom