Bramall lane one of the best stadiums in the Championship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It means nothing when they put Pride Park anywhere near the top 10, let alone 2nd. It's a scarp yard.

I'm not saying it should be in the top 3 but Pride Park not a scrap yard(Don't remember seeing any rust a major feature of any scrap yard), now Hillsbrough on the other hand is.

A look on porktalk about the top stadiums in the championship had me in stitches ..... Pure comedy gold

Bramall Lane is one of the best and most liked grounds in the Championship. The survey got it about right regarding that but the reasons given I’m not sure about. The rest of the survey is a bit hit and miss especially Elland Rd at number one and The Swill being as high as eleventh.

It's NOT a survey . It's the opinion of one woman, who clearly hasn't visited most of the grounds she's writing about. Elland Road ffs....

It's NOT a survey . It's the opinion of one woman, who clearly hasn't visited most of the grounds she's writing about. Elland Road ffs....

If it had been a survey, Hillsborough would have been 1st by a distance because they'd have rigged the poll by organising the troops to cast multiple votes. Like they always do.

Elland Road and Hillsborough are two of the best grounds in the Championship.

Anybody who says otherwise is talking bollocks.

Both stadiums perfectly fit the criteria of what most people on here classify as a proper football ground.

Opinion is only soured by the football clubs that occupy them.

In terms of oldness going for it Bramall Lane is like a Ford Cortina Mk3, one lady owner, not a show car but in excellent condition.

Hillsborough is like a Ford Galaxy from 1996 that's been fished out of the Don. It's bigger, it's old but it's not good.

And that Galaxy is full of scrubbers whose weekend highlight is a pack of Carling, a Smartprice Pizza and Ant & Dec

Both stadiums perfectly fit the criteria of what most people on here classify as a proper football ground.

Both need significant upgrades, proper football grounds or not. As for best, they can't be compared to Villa Park and BL beats them both hands down as well.

strange list, what makes stokes stadium 20 odd places better the readings .... why is wba higher then villas ect, it is an opinion post but still some strange choices.

strange list, what makes stokes stadium 20 odd places better the readings .... why is wba higher then villas ect, it is an opinion post but still some strange choices.
It wouldn’t get as many clicks if it wasn’t controversial.

In which case, most people know fuck all.

What an amusing post.

In which case, most people know fuck all.

What an amusing post.

You know I'm right.

If Villa Park looked like Hillsborough and Hillsborough looked like Villa Park then naturally you'd be jizzing over Hillsborough and calling Villa Park a shit hole.

The fact that neither Elland Road or Hillsborough are "soulless bowls" automatically puts them above many other grounds in the Championship.

You know I'm right.

If Villa Park looked like Hillsborough and Hillsborough looked like Villa Park then naturally you'd be jizzing over Hillsborough and calling Villa Park a shit hole.

The fact that neither Elland Road or Hillsborough are "soulless bowls" automatically puts them above many other grounds in the Championship.

You're far from right

The North-West corner was a condemned structure for 4 years at the beginning of the 2000's, barely a decade after the Taylor report, it was submerged in floodwater in 2007, parts of it literally fall off onto the street, the owner himself has as good as called it shit, it is consistently cited as the least preferred venue for visiting supporters and the exterior of Leppings Lane is rusted to fuck, despite the best efforts of the Dulux 5 under Lee Straffords administration.
If that ever applies to Villa Park or any other ground, it'll get the scorn it deserves.

In meantime, I'll leave you to bask in Hillsborough's "properness".

You're far from right

The North-West corner was a condemned structure for 4 years at the beginning of the 2000's, barely a decade after the Taylor report, it was submerged in floodwater in 2007, parts of it literally fall off onto the street, the owner himself has as good as called it shit, it is consistently cited as the least preferred venue for visiting supporters and the exterior of Leppings Lane is rusted to fuck, despite the best efforts of the Dulux 5 under Lee Straffords administration.
If that ever applies to Villa Park or any other ground, it'll get the scorn it deserves.

In meantime, I'll leave you to bask in Hillsborough's "properness".

Don't get me wrong, I'd drop a bomb on Hillsborough tomorrow. I think the fact at least half of it wasn't demolished after the Hillsborough disaster is a disgrace.

But looking at it objectively, it's not a bad stadium at all and is highly thought of by fans of most clubs.

Not that it means owt, but nice to see us ranked in top half here at 9th in the PL. Improvements to the kop (expansion and facilities) and we’d be top 6 easy!

Not that it means owt, but nice to see us ranked in top half here at 9th in the PL. Improvements to the kop (expansion and facilities) and we’d be top 6 easy!

Cutting edge review that.

How did Pigsville reach the heady heights of 11th?

Rigged

11th is their natural place. Midway. Average. Provide a new bog roll on the kop and they'd be certs to reach the playoffs...

'Two miles further out of Sheffield than their United rivals...' er, try over three miles. And how are they our 'rivals'? We've left the pub league. But not the only piece of fuckwittery in this survey:

'Middlesbrough’s 23-year-old stadium may be set to expand, as the club has provisional planning permission to grow by 8,000 seats to 42,000.' Now that makes sense o_O . Their home average was 23,217 last season.

'Home since 2005, Liberty is the third-biggest stadium in Wales (big fucking deal) – and one of the loudest. A relatively small capacity of 21,088 belies its volume, which has increased since they left Vetch Field 13 years ago. A statue of Ivor Allchurch, the club’s record goalscorer, stands outside the stadium, befitting of a side proud of their history.' I've never been but if one of the plus-points of the stadium is a statue of Ivor Allchurch, it's definitely on my bucket-list...

7. Loftus Road – Queens Park Rangers. Fans are 50/50 about this west London institution. The stands are wedged tightly together, meaning home and away fans are squeezed next to each other and are closer to the pitch than at most stadiums. Some don’t like it, but we do – even if it could do with scrubbing up a bit.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Fucking. Joking. And - like Swillsborough - is 'could do with scrubbing up a bit' a euphemism for 'could do with demolishing'?

5. bet365 – Stoke City. Still, with Potters fans indignant about their Championship fate, you can be sure they will show you an entertaining time.

Yes, I've had many an 'entertaining time' in the Spice capital of the UK. But what the fuck's that got to do with being a good stadium?

Last edited:

Clickbait title. Didn't bother to read.

Next!

Bits have been falling off their ground, the place has flooded and people have died there. They should be fucking grateful they made 11th place.
They should be grateful they don't make them the feckin thing down :mad: UTB

Elland Road?....Elland fucking Road?

Sorry, sorry, pardon my French, but..

Elland fucking Road?
Like it or not Elland road is a great stadium with a very loyal fans. I managed to sneak in the home end when we beat em 1 - 0 last season. What a game and what an atmosphere. Not sure I’ve been to a better away day.

I suppose it depends what vintage you’re from. Younger fans would probably think a ground with 4 different stands haphazardly joined together was quite odd.

Back
Top Bottom