BladesPod: Man City review

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Roygbiv and me talk through a limp defeat to Man City, including our toothless attacking, an inability to arrange for regular meetings between Rhian Brewster and the football, Kyle Walker as our best academy product since...?, the Lundstram contract news, and a few other individuals / key moments from the game. Finally, we give thanks to our city neighbours' continued ineptitude, and pick our winners from around the rest of the Premier League this week.

Thank you as always for listening, particularly as we lose every week. Your ears are appreciated. UTB.

And as always, on Spotify and Apple.

First, finally!

Only just noticed the 'Walkers crisp' pun.

That's a bit cheesy and I have no beef with it although others might find it salty.

Another excellent pod lads albeit the subject matter remains depressing.

Great comment about Newcastle Jedi mind tricking Everton into selecting a rubbish defensive team!
Re. Lunny looking at it very simplistically, he should have scored a few goals already this season and did score a few last season in the Prem. Goals keep you up, therefore it is worth paying him as our 4/5th best scorer (he is actually more like 2/3rd top scorer last season). I think the big problem is he can warm the bench at Brighton/Newcastle or somewhere similar on £50k per week and our top earners are on £20k, so he has been probably offered c.£16k? A lot less. All that being said I think it (the contract doispute and move speculation) has affected Lunny quite a bit and Lunny of last year would have been a bit more composed in front of goal and he would have scored 3 goals and we would be sat as a club on more points.
Food for thought anyway guys and thanks for the pod!

Back
Top Bottom