BladesPod - Man City review

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Evening all,

Bit later than usual, but pod here with Roygbiv reacting to last night's game with Man City, the fine margins needed to beat the champions, Dean Henderson's masterpiece, Oli McBurnie's showing, the refs we dread to see (hello, Lee Mason), and as usual, a fair bit of wittering about other stuff.

Had a technical nightmare recording this, no thanks to Virgin Media, so apologies if there's a few sound issues - think I got it all in the end... cheers for listening!

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6wLq5qaiQ123cLHHMnTixJ

Great listen , thankyou for the time and effort, Mason is a weak referee. Also you didnt mention just how bad the linesman was. I sit in the family stand, and he was behind the play constantly, and missing what was going on. He was just as bad, if not worse than mason. I came out feeling the same. Happy that we tried our best to get a result and stop them from playing. Villa just gave up after about 5 mins. Anyhow, thanks again

Listening happily on the train to work now. Cheers as always, fellas.

*reckon the last penalty we conceded was Barnet in the cup. In the league, not sure, but might be Villa away at the end of 2017. Clayton Donaldson scored two for us and we drew 2-2. Villa’s first was an early penalty.

Thanks lads enjoyed listening to that on my way into work and as I saw the game ( including McBurnies game )
If we get through v millwall it has to be City at home for more ,
Long ball cloggers , route one kick us off the park
throw back to the 80’s football
Don’t touch our galacticos and accept your 6-1 defeat and get back to playing Burnley

Listening happily on the train to work now. Cheers as always, fellas.

*reckon the last penalty we conceded was Barnet in the cup. In the league, not sure, but might be Villa away at the end of 2017. Clayton Donaldson scored two for us and we drew 2-2. Villa’s first was an early penalty.

Barnet is right. In the league, you're going back to New Year's Day 2018, Derby away I think (feel free to correct me, anyone). Since then Man City, Villa, Millwall and Reading have all missed in the league, plus Blackburn in the league cup earlier this year.

Bit later than usual

It's the Roygbiv link-in that's done you. You did well to get it out at 20.01 as he isn't normally out of bed until 18.30, when his mum's already given his tea to the dog.
Still I suppose if you are up all through the night making up 'quotes' from supposed other fans, you have to sleep sometime.

Another great effort and thanks lads for all your work (even Roygbiv ).

Regards the performance i heard callers ring Radio Sheffield and praise us for “a great performance”.

The reality is we were great ”out of possession”, worked really hard, very organised and made it really difficult for Man City
but we were under par...almost poor when we were “in possession“ with the ball, we went longer than we normally do.

Basically the cliches that we’re a tough hard working physical side (like a Stoke or Burnley) were fair comments based on our Man C performance.
Where as before Xmas these comparisons were well off the mark because at times we played some quick passing quality football.

Thought McBurnie and to a lesser degree Sharp played really well....however it was more about their workrate and keenness to do the dirty work.
You could see the Man City defenders didn’t enjoy playing against McBurnie or Sharp.

At the match we were saying it must feel surreal for the likes of Fleck, Basham, Sharp, OConnell etc to be on the same pitch as one of the best teams in world football
and to only lose 1-0 with a realistic chance on the night of getting a draw is quite unbelievable really. They deserve massive credit.

Last edited:
Good pod again. Liked the points about McBurnie, he really did just deserve a "well played Oli".

The Besic body position was a great alternative MoM, I said elsewhere that it looked like he was going to rugby tackle them at times.

The other alternative MoM in a weird way could have been Lee Mason's spray can, it was the hardest working thing on the pitch and he was drawing out of it's little holster like he was in a western, twat.

I think you are of the same mind as me regarding the cup, want to win the game but don't want any injuries to key players so just drop them all, I really couldn't justify playing any of the back 5 or midfield apart from either Besic or Lundstram who are interchangeable. Forwards again are interchangeable. With Mousset I'm not sure if he needs minutes to get fitter or needs to play less to stay fit. He could do with some proper conditioning in the summer to turn into a monster for next season.

Evening all,

Bit later than usual, but pod here with Roygbiv reacting to last night's game with Man City, the fine margins needed to beat the champions, Dean Henderson's masterpiece, Oli McBurnie's showing, the refs we dread to see (hello, Lee Mason), and as usual, a fair bit of wittering about other stuff.

Had a technical nightmare recording this, no thanks to Virgin Media, so apologies if there's a few sound issues - think I got it all in the end... cheers for listening!

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6wLq5qaiQ123cLHHMnTixJ

Decent ramblings as usual. Got me through my last day in iraq for this rotation (and possibly forever if my new work contract comes through soon)

Did i miss the Roygbiv "Billy Sharp" out section

Good mention of Baldock’s contribution at the end, of both match & podcast. I kept checking to see how he was when he came back on and for the first few minutes he didn’t look as though he’d last – really hobbling around. Then all of a sudden City break down the left and Baldock seemed to almost forget he had an injury, storming back to make a great sliding tackle to stick the ball into touch. Brilliant stuff from the potential Greek.

great pod as always cheers
With mcburnie i dont think , as you say, some fans will ever like him even after another v good performance on Tuesday

his look , off pitch fashion! / activities and his almost awkward like playing style will never appease some fans - personally i agree he is getting better every game and at only 23 , could really become a very important player for us,

Good mention of the crowd when they scored , was a great reaction by us fans ( well most of us , the guy behind me was probably blaming mcburnie for the goal !)

Back
Top Bottom