Blades v MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Blades v MK Dons
Stadium: Bramall Lane
Date:02/12/2014 - 19:45

What do you think about match?

We definitely need 3 points!

Only chance i reckon is if we trick them into thinking they're the home team, and let them dominate and we can sneak a cheeky away win :) at home.....

Nurse !

If we keep playing as we have been, and they are on song again, the best we can hope for is a draw. I fear we may get a hiding though.

O'Grady to play upfront on his own and move less than higdon did on Friday night, THEN....... .......Alcock will do a fantastic throw in to Cambell-Ryce who will fool everybody and not take on the full back fifteen times and simply float a cross into the box to the mobile Higdon who runs past his marker and heads in the winner.!

Its a win and everyone is happy again.
UTB!

This could go either way.Form-wise I'd probably say Franchise Football are better at the moment, but there's not much in it. Both clubs will feel hard done by with their current league positions and will try and win. Maybe Clough will even play 2 strikers at home. This is our game in hand over the top 3, we're 6 points off the pace, so we really need to win this one.

New darling :p

O3nYYz.jpg
She'd look better with that hosepipe sprayed all over her Kazarre13 :D

I reckon we could get turned over by MK.

All depends if Clough is going to try something different or not.

I agree we really need a win here. Another draw or a loss and our heads will really be down.

While not ideal, five points from three games against teams in or around the play-offs (Oldham, Notts County and MK Dons) wouldn't be too bad. Two or three points from those three games would be disappointing to say the least.

Alcock has back injury - here's hoping he's fit as we don't appear to have cover. MK Dons are the form team. We had an indifferent November and lost ground. I would take anything but a defeat tonight - sad because we are supposed to be at home.:(

Definitely a tough match. MK Dons, good team. But we need 3 points. We need it for the play-offs.

I'm generally a glass half full person but tonight I think we will get turned over 0-3.

Having now played the sameno. of games H & A, our away record is actually better than our home (ave 1.77ptsvs 1.66). Our defence is shaky, our attack unproductive, and the midfield will only take us so far.

We might get big crowds but they seem to be adding negative pressure vs positive suport.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us back to Baxter upfront in that 4-5-1 (really 4-6-0) formation we have come to know and love. COG to come off the bench.

Think COG will start...if fit, i don't see how you couldn't start him!

New darling :p

Tidy enough mate, you're doing well. You've learnt from the last one, dressing this one in red. Smoker though, but hey she looks like she's got good lungs.

Keep up the good work.

As for the game, blades win.

I'm generally a glass half full person but tonight I think we will get turned over 0-3.

Having now played the sameno. of games H & A, our away record is actually better than our home (ave 1.77ptsvs 1.66). Our defence is shaky, our attack unproductive, and the midfield will only take us so far.

We might get big crowds but they seem to be adding negative pressure vs positive suport.

Very good point on the support . I still believe it is lack of inner strength and will to win with the team . We have to start playing with a attitude.

Patience is a form of confidence , and us fans frustrations at home , may well be spilling over to the players . Negative pressure vs positive support is a good analogy , of my feelings at the home games.

In saying that it will either click for us with a 3-0 win , or get beat 3-0 tonight , were it all goes wrong .

Not a negative Blade , just don't have any idea , what will be served up at every match.

UTB

I'm terrified of Milton Keynes. They are a mighty team with a glorious history. They are even better than Rochdale (remember what they did to Crawley), Bristol, Preston, Peterborough and Leyton Orient and we know they are all far, far better than us. I think MK may even spank us by more goals than Southampton are going to do. We are in for a hiding, a pasting and a right good battering.

I have decided not to go tonight, even though I have a ticket. I just can't face it. I shall hide trembling in a corner and hope to never ever hear the shameful truth that is to unfold. Of course, given that I am a yellow backed. lily-livered, white flag waving surrender monkey I can't expect any better of the team, can I? So I won't be complaining when my prophecy is fulfilled, will I?

I do hope some MK fan gives me a like. I admire them so very much.

I'm terrified of Milton Keynes. They are a mighty team with a glorious history. They are even better than Rochdale (remember what they did to Crawley), Bristol, Preston, Peterborough and Leyton Orient and we know they are all far, far better than us. I think MK may even spank us by more goals than Southampton are going to do. We are in for a hiding, a pasting and a right good battering.

I have decided not to go tonight, even though I have a ticket. I just can't face it. I shall hide trembling in a corner and hope to never ever hear the shameful truth that is to unfold. Of course, given that I am a yellow backed. lily-livered, white flag waving surrender monkey I can't expect any better of the team, can I? So I won't be complaining when my prophecy is fulfilled, will I?

I do hope some MK fan gives me a like. I admire them so very much.

The beauty of this is some people will say: "Stop bein' so nesh lad! It's only MK Dons" and totally miss the point.

Big game tonight, in the context of the season as a whole, and a real litmus test given the last two home results
Cannot afford to start as slow this evening as previous two because if they get their noses in front they can be pretty ruthless with the finishers they have to call on.

Having stated that, I suspect we will be set up to play ultra tight again from the off, given their propensity to fire in a handful and our inability to compete on the goals front. I expect that NC and his staff will have analysed the MKD match at the weekend and concluded that we cannot go gung-ho at them - we will have to treat it pretty much like a cup game and bide our time.
That and the fact that we don't really have the fire power to do anything different..

0-0 then - or if we are really fortunate in front of goal 0-0 ;)

Finally, Pincers is getting a sense of realism on where we are in the hierarchy of this season as it unfolds :rolleyes:

Big game tonight, in the context of the season as a whole, and a real litmus test given the last two home results
Cannot afford to start as slow this evening as previous two because if they get their noses in front they can be pretty ruthless with the finishers they have to call on.

Having stated that, I suspect we will be set up to play ultra tight again from the off, given their propensity to fire in a handful and our inability to compete on the goals front. I expect that NC and his staff will have analysed the MKD match at the weekend and concluded that we cannot go gung-ho at them - we will have to treat it pretty much like a cup game and bide our time.
That and the fact that we don't really have the fire power to do anything different..

0-0 then - or if we are really fortunate in front of goal 0-0 ;)

Do you not expect COG to make a bit of difference? I appreciate it is his first game and we ought not to expect miracles but I think he will galvanise us. At the risk of stating the obvious, I thought the utterly immobile Higdon was pretty dreadful on Saturday.

Edit: OK, I know we played on Friday, but he was no better the next day.....

Back
Top Bottom