Blades v Luton - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That third goal is so unlucky. A total fluke. Their second though, I thought Robbo could have headed that clear, he seemed to jump too early and then couldn't get enough purchase on the header as a result.

he was why VAR didn`t get involved fuck knows, as much of a foul as the one on Wes at Villa

Just seen the second again and Robbo's shirt is being pulled hence he doesn't jump as high. Surprised VAR didn't look ok at that. But it's not surprising it was still given either. Gutted today, feel that's us done now. We'll win the odd game here and there but we won't stay up, not by some way sadly.

Yeah its the same as the Wes one if you look he does jump but cos his shirt is held he does not get the height he would have probably cleared that. Dont understand why VAR didnt give it and they hardly spent anytime looking at it.

Robbo can't jump much when their player is pulling is shirt, Wes seemed to try to save it in slow motion and the less said about his gaff for the first goal the better. Third goal just a total fluke from a ball just hammered into the box. Wilder is right about one thing and it happened time and time again last season we get in front and then go into panic mode and step ten yards back to our goal and start kicking it anywhere rather than holding a line at the edge of the penalty area.
I think we can forget staying up now, time to start planning to build a team for the Championship. Those out of contract give them two weeks to sign up or fuck them off before the window closes, we may as well play the kids with the players who do want to be at the club because this season is a lost cause. we may as well clear out the dead wood now as in the summer.

That ball doesn’t end up in the net if Robinson isn’t being yanked down like that. He either clears it or it goes out for a corner. We have people trying to make refereeing an exact science yet they’re don‘t intervene for that. 🤡

VAR useless when it can't see the clear foul on Robbo for their equaliser , feckinell , their player isn't bothering with the ball he's just facing Robbo and holding him down by his shirt

Cheers for links.
Just listened to Wilder.
He is emotional and wrong to call out the players in public.
Mentioned the changes he made at HT but doesn't take responsibility for the way he set us up in the terrible first half.
Deja Vu ... I think he risks losing the dressing room.

Cheers for links.
Just listened to Wilder.
Mentioned the changes he made at HT but doesn't take responsibility for the way he set us up in the terrible first half.
I can see why you'd think that but his criticism wasn't personal and that's the difference from times he's being critical in the past but he often wasn't personal in the past too. I think the team should be criticised after the way we allowed Luton a way back. Our season is almost over as a result of that defeat because there's so few teams we can realistically beat and confidence will be so low after such an awful defeat.

Some might say well it needs an arm round the shoulder but I actually think that doesn't solve the issues and Wilder needs to let the players know it wasn't good enough and why. What he said in public would be much watered down from what he said privately I'm sure!

Many of our fans didn't like Hecky's lack of criticism and the players weren't playing for him in the last few weeks, maybe they still liked Hecky, but the performances said they had lost faith in his methods. We'll see the reaction in the city match to note if the players have taken on board what Wilder wants.

VAR useless when it can't see the clear foul on Robbo for their equaliser , feckinell , their player isn't bothering with the ball he's just facing Robbo and holding him down by his shirt
They are both at it which is why it is not given as a foul. Robbo has two handfuls of the forwards shirt. All season our defence has tackled the man NOT the ball. Just win the fucking ball and he doesn’t score.

That third goal is so unlucky. A total fluke. Their second though, I thought Robbo could have headed that clear, he seemed to jump too early and then couldn't get enough purchase on the header as a result.
I also think Wes doesnt react quick enough. He gets at least fingers to it. Seemed flat footed and not prepared for a flick deflection.

Cheers for links.
Just listened to Wilder.
He has every right to call out his players if they do not do the basics right. It would have been good for him to however admit he got it wrong tactically in first 30 mins

The cross for their second should have been blocked but whoever was chasing the crosser just gave it up, also the defenders should have cleared the area when they had chance and any cross leaves their men offside or it's a simple catch for Wes if they try to stay on and also come out,nobody is organising that defence as a unit,it's leaderless at the back.

Last edited:
I remember during our last prem sojourn JLT got caught out a couple of times in the air and got pelters for it. He’s just about three inches too small. It’s not his fault. Can’t fault his effort but if he’s a bit bigger, he gets more on it. Playing where he does, ideally we’d have someone a bit bigger.

Edit: just seen all the comments about him being held, I’d not seen that or noticed it. The point is still valid although probably not on that example 😆

I also think Wes doesnt react quick enough. He gets at least fingers to it. Seemed flat footed and not prepared for a flick deflection.
In fairness you don’t expect your own player to deftly flick it past you

Has anyone mentioned the three fouls on McAtee that happened as the ball broke for our goal? I think it was probably outside the box but I don’t think he was playing advantage and more that the ref thought a triple assault was fine.

I didn't want Wilder back but I have to say what he said after the match was spot on. We have got the Wilder back who dragged us out of years of league one misery not the Wilder who slunk out of the back door when it all got too much for him. I don't want a manager who is going to be nice and molly coddle the players when they fuck up, they need a bollocking every now and then. Nice managers never win owt just look at Gareth Southgate, Hecky was the same you can tell players where they go wrong but when they are thick like some of ours are they need a fucking to make it sink in. If they aren't man enough to take that then they have the option of downing tools and going elsewhere to have an easy life. I really do hope Wilder clears out half of this shower yes I know he brought some of them to the club but not every transfer works out. I would say Wes and JLT were only ever signed to be back up players and after prolonged appearances the old mistakes are creeping back in. We could say JLT had his shirt pulled but he was the one who was slow to get out making the whole defence stay on the six yard line rather than the eighteen yard line when the cross came in for the second goal. Wes is making at least one fuck up every game now, he has no confidence in the defence and they have no confidence in Wes, it has got to change. Too late to save this season but if we are to bounce back we have to start the clear out next week. We threw that game away same as we did on numerous occasions this season because we can't do basic defending and stand our ground. You might get away with it in the Championship as we did at times last season you don't get away with it in this league.

The amount of space Doughty was given was almost criminal, a lot needs to be done if we are not going to play a LB.

A come back from 1 down. Baldock playing the game as it's intended but some crazy how conceding a corner, Robbo having his shirt pulled to score and own goal and then a wank deflection to gift them a second own goal.

Fuckin wank day at the office that.

I'll happily concede we gifted them their first and up till about 40 mins or so we gifted them the half but that is a fucking harsh scoreline.

I can see why you'd think that but his criticism wasn't personal and that's the difference from times he's being critical in the past but he often wasn't personal in the past too. I think the team should be criticised after the way we allowed Luton a way back. Our season is almost over as a result of that defeat because there's so few teams we can realistically beat and confidence will be so low after such an awful defeat.

Some might say well it needs an arm round the shoulder but I actually think that doesn't solve the issues and Wilder needs to let the players know it wasn't good enough and why. What he said in public would be much watered down from what he said privately I'm sure!

Many of our fans didn't like Hecky's lack of criticism and the players weren't playing for him in the last few weeks, maybe they still liked Hecky, but the performances said they had lost faith in his methods. We'll see the reaction in the city match to note if the players have taken on board what Wilder wants.
Fair comment

The amount of space Doughty was given was almost criminal, a lot needs to be done if we are not going to play a LB.
RND straight back in when fit surely. JLT drops to the bench for me. Two decently sized CB then as Trusty and Anel (although they are both a bit powder puff in the air).
I would return both loaned left backs if we could, Larouci has something going forward but is not the long term answer so not worth buying. Lowe needs a new start somewhere else just too slack defensively

RND straight back in when fit surely. JLT drops to the bench for me. Two decently sized CB then as Trusty and Anel (although they are both a bit powder puff in the air).
I would return both loaned left backs if we could, Larouci has something going forward but is not the long term answer so not worth buying. Lowe needs a new start somewhere else just too slack defensively
We’re desperate for the old Egan back or someone of a similar ilk. Be interesting to see how RND comes back from a long time out, if he comes back anywhere near the standard he was at just before injury then I agree he walks into the team, I agree in general with the rest of your post although it would be hard to drop Robinson as he’s arguably been our best defender this season and I never thought I’d ever say that.

I agree in general with the rest of your post although it would be hard to drop Robinson as he’s arguably been our best defender this season and I never thought I’d ever say that.

Agree there he has made some great crunching tackles I dont think he can be singled out for a drop in performance the whole defence has took a step back. We need him too for the long throws as we dont get in the box that many times as it is and we need all the help we can. Okay we may not get on the end of it all the time but you have to chuck it there to offer the opportunity.

Agree there he has made some great crunching tackles I dont think he can be singled out for a drop in performance the whole defence has took a step back. We need him too for the long throws as we dont get in the box that many times as it is and we need all the help we can. Okay we may not get on the end of it all the time but you have to chuck it there to offer the opportunity.
After his OG yesterday he kinda lost his cool a bit, practically threw was it Osho? To the ground. I mean I get it I'd be fucked off after that too but still.

I do like him mind, very old skool, happy to go in for a 50 50 and commit and agreed, can't single him out for much. Souza made quite the impact yesterday I think, very well played.

Back
Top Bottom