Blades v Forest - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blackman ought to put that clip on his "come and buy me" CV

One of the worst misses I've ever seen

What a sitter from Clarke!
A bit harsh. He's been out for several games, the ball is whipped in at pace, a defender dives in to try and head it away, the ball hits the greasy surface and flies up at him - all he could do was put his head in the way and hope for the best. No way could he control the contact. It looks bad, but the main thing with a striker is you want to see them gambling on the chances coming.

It does annoy me that on the Sky highlights, at least on the phone, that the endless adverts will come through in glorious uninterrupted high definition, then when the highlights start it's like watching someone replaying it on VHS where the tracking is fucked via dialup

A bit harsh. He's been out for several games, the ball is whipped in at pace, a defender dives in to try and head it away, the ball hits the greasy surface and flies up at him - all he could do was put his head in the way and hope for the best. No way could he control the contact. It looks bad, but the main thing with a striker is you want to see them gambling on the chances coming.

You are bang right, how the hell can we expect a striker (on a new contract) to score into an empty net form 2 yards. I'm with you bro.

The miss from there lad was not much better. He should have scored also. Great save. They definitely had the better chances but we had the best chance.

You are bang right, how the hell can we expect a striker (on a new contract) to score into an empty net form 2 yards. I'm with you bro.
Remember Ronaldo missed an open goal at that end in our Premier League season; he's turned out to be a half-decent striker.
If the ball comes at you at speed 2 yards from goal, I don't see how the status of a contract affects your thinking. There is no time to think.

Remember Ronaldo missed an open goal at that end in our Premier League season; he's turned out to be a half-decent striker.
If the ball comes at you at speed 2 yards from goal, I don't see how the status of a contract affects your thinking. There is no time to think.

Are you seriously comparing Clarke with Ronaldo?

No. Just making the point that all strikers miss open goals. And I think they all hate doing so, whatever the status of their contract.

Yeah I agree, Ronaldo missed a few open goals on his way to Ballon D'or winner multiple times.

Some great saves in there..but Clarke, erm, yeah....:oops:

Second(third in the second vid) save from Blackman that's what I'm talking about when he's showboatting also Wilder had a pop at Evans for shooting and not crossing, sorry Chris bar the late Fleck effort that was as close as we came to scoring it was the right choice. If he'd crossed it it would've had to have been good, none of their players would've had to get near it. one of ours would and then it would've had to have been a good header to beat the keeper, chances of all that happening yesterday?

Clarke seems to get in front of the ball and then couldn’t get his head back far enough to place it. Maybe that’s been kind.

Several times yesterday we were in promising positions but the final decision making was poor. Nearly every player fucked up at some point in good areas of the pitch and that is the difference between pushing promotion and being mid table.

Overall we were lucky to get a point !

If we had a video which stopped when we passed the final ball into the box or before our 'shooters' took their second touch we would probably say we played well. Unfortunately, we seem to rush or panic when we get to the final bit - not sure how you coach that out.

More than enough chances to put Forest to bed before HT there. Do think we need a striker in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom