Blades v Fleetwood - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Embarrassing

From the away terrace, you couldn't her anything other than the Blades' fans asking Alfie, using industrial language, what on earth he was singing about. He could clearly hear it, as at one point he turned to look and I'd like to think he was smiling. I doubt he's had that level of barracking at the NY Met :)

Just watched it back in full, and a fair scoreline would've been about 1-3. We had more than 52% possession, I'd definitely say over 55%.

I'd rate the team like this:

Moore - 7.5
Freeman - 7
Ebanks-Landell - 6.5
Wright - 6.5
O'Connell - 7
Lafferty - 7
Coutts - 7.5
Fleck - 8
Duffy - 5
Sharp - 7
Done - 6

Hussey - 7
Scougall - 7
Chapman - 6.5

We do the basics well and have a good platform in place, we can keep the ball well but we're just lacking at the top end of the pitch in terms of quality, pace and penetration. Duffy's the only one who could be expected to take players on but he tends not to try most of the time, he was comfortably the worst performer yesterday. We need to give Chapman a chance, alongside Sharp for me. We need more spark.

Just watched it back in full, and a fair scoreline would've been about 1-3. We had more than 52% possession, I'd definitely say over 55%.

I'd rate the team like this:

Moore - 7.5
Freeman - 7
Ebanks-Landell - 6.5
Wright - 6.5
O'Connell - 7
Lafferty - 7
Coutts - 7.5
Fleck - 8
Duffy - 5
Sharp - 7
Done - 6

Hussey - 7
Scougall - 7
Chapman - 6.5

We do the basics well and have a good platform in place, we can keep the ball well but we're just lacking at the top end of the pitch in terms of quality, pace and penetration. Duffy's the only one who could be expected to take players on but he tends not to try most of the time, he was comfortably the worst performer yesterday. We need to give Chapman a chance, alongside Sharp for me. We need more spark.

think that's pretty fair assessment - Fleck should have scored, so 8 a tad high - his shooting is woeful, which I think explains why he hasn't scored many for Coventry. Thought he was pretty good though in CM with Coutts yesterday. Done also should have scored early on......we would have won comfortably if he had put that chance away.

UTB

think that's pretty fair assessment - Fleck should have scored, so 8 a tad high - his shooting is woeful, which I think explains why he hasn't scored many for Coventry. Thought he was pretty good though in CM with Coutts yesterday. Done also should have scored early on......we would have won comfortably if he had put that chance away.

UTB

His shooting's definitely not woeful, he has good technique and power. Not getting into forward positions will be why he's not scored too many, it might not be natural to him but I think he can change that.

We did have more than enough chances to win comfortably but I'd like to see more clear cut chances and more clear openings.

just watched the extended highlights and really impressed with the patience leading up to the goal . 7 passes before the header which is similar to the 6 passes before the goal at home last Tuesday. Patient but moving the ball quickly and stretching the opposition before a good delivery with movement to attack the ball. There is a bit more than "just having a reight go" going on at the lane. Well done to Chris and Alan

Also just watched it on BP,and after hearing Wilder's interview,I think he calls it spot on...we dominated the game,although they were dangerous on the break,but for me the highlights make it look more even...we just lacked the final ball or the clinical finish,otherwise bossed it.
Done could have had a couple first half,from Fleck's pass on the highlights and also from a ball played in from Freeman.
Thought Billy did well for the chance he fashioned in the box..Fleck must have had about 5 shots,but we didn't really work the Keeper enough.
CW did well with the Subs,and they all made an impact...don't think we missed Basham to be fair like some have said,as they all put in a right shift without the ball,closing down and nicking the ball back...Good point,should have been 3.

I'm a fan of Sharp, I just don't think he had a particularly good game, but it's just my opinion.

To be fair, Wilder alluded to the fact that he would have taken both Sharp and Done off in his post match interview if Clarke/Lavery were fit, so I don't think it's outrageous to suggest he had a poor game.

For the record, he would still be in my starting 11 every week so I'm not one of those who is getting on his back.

Our goal scoring record this season needs to be a concern if we are to push on and secure a top two place. Playing with wing backs I've been disappointed with the positions taken up by our strikers for that ball into the area.

We need to be more intelligent with other players creating space for Sharp and Done. I think it was Blackpool at home early doors last season Basham cleverly blocked a player to create the space for Billy to score.

We have to accept Billy does not possess great pace and yet if you give him the ball and space in the box he'll score. Others have to play their part in that process.

Speaking to a few Cods last night and they all said we were the best passing team they've seen this season but also thought they were dealing with us reasonably comfortably which is also a fair point I guess.

My worry is that the last two games have shown a bit of a pattern and we're going to have to be a bit cleverer at times.

Back
Top Bottom