Blades v Blackburn - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Every time I watch these Sky highlights on my phone it looks like they've been filmed using a potato despite my WiFi being absolutely fine. Anyone else have the same issue?
Yes, first 10 seconds are unwatchable for some reason.

Last edited:
Love the two defenders appealing for offside on the second goal, despite them being literally stood on the goal line.

They were saying the ball went out, it did.

But that's fine by me because against Sunderland that lino on the John Street side missed a clear ball going out of player 2 yards infront of him.

The commentary refers to McAtee at the end there, was it not Doyle?

A Wendy supporting mate was arguing last night that Ndiaye was offside as the Blackburn defender's feet are off the pitch when Sander shoots. He was correct that the defender (and another out of shot) were off the pitch. A quick rule check confirmed they were talking shite!

'if you're off the pitch without permission, you're on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside. That prevents defenders from stepping off the field of play to create an offside.'

1661098778830.png

Just got back from a weekend away where I had enough internet signal to find out the final score but not much more. Great goal by Norwood and I'm pleased to see that his dead ball delivery has massively improved over the last two games. What a thrill to watch these highlights and credit also to McBurnie for this last week. Two great back to back performances and unlucky not to score but for good goalkeeping and defending as opposed to wasteful shooting. As for Ndiaye? Fulham mark 2, but better in my opinion.

If Oli McB keeps getting into those positions, the goals are going to come.

A Wendy supporting mate was arguing last night that Ndiaye was offside as the Blackburn defender's feet are off the pitch when Sander shoots. He was correct that the defender (and another out of shot) were off the pitch. A quick rule check confirmed they were talking shite!

'if you're off the pitch without permission, you're on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside. That prevents defenders from stepping off the field of play to create an offside.'

View attachment 142138

It would seem the players don't know the rules too as the Blackburn players stepped onto the pitch then quickly stepped back off it when claiming an offside.
Typical pig fan though gobbing off without checking the rules.
🐷🐷🐷🤣🤣

If Oli McB keeps getting into those positions, the goals are going to come.
How he didn't bag a couple I have no idea. Take nothing away from the keeper but just wasn't coming off for him. He's clearly got the ability with the positions he was getting in to and even (sort of) got an assist. Head down, keep going and his goals will come. He does have some making up to do though.

View attachment 142138

I remember being at a game where Chris Morgan stood on the goal line before a free kick was taken. He went and had a quick word with the ref and then he stepped back before the free kick and caught them offside. I don't know if he asked permission or just confirmed the rules which might've been different at the time.

Anyone remember it with more detail than me?

I remember being at a game where Chris Morgan stood on the goal line before a free kick was taken. He went and had a quick word with the ref and then he stepped back before the free kick and caught them offside. I don't know if he asked permission or just confirmed the rules which might've been different at the time.

Anyone remember it with more detail than me?

I don't remember that, but I'm sure I've seen a goal before where for some reason the striker ends up over the touchline next to the goal, the ball pings up in the air and he runs back on and heads it in and I'm sure at the time the commentator said that because he was off the pitch when the ball was played he couldn't be offside?

Rules could have been changed since then, or I could be remembering it completely wrong!!

I don't remember that, but I'm sure I've seen a goal before where for some reason the striker ends up over the touchline next to the goal, the ball pings up in the air and he runs back on and heads it in and I'm sure at the time the commentator said that because he was off the pitch when the ball was played he couldn't be offside?

Rules could have been changed since then, or I could be remembering it completely wrong!!
I think rules about leaving the pitch are a slight grey area in general. Technically, you can't leave the pitch without the ref's permission but there's an exception to that (not sure how it's phrased) if it's your momentum rather than deliberate e.g. you run for the ball and can't stop.

I'd guess with attackers they might interpret it that you're not interfering with play if you're not on the pitch. I'm not sure and rules like this might've been altered a bit over the years along with different interpretations. I also don't trust commentators when it comes to rules like that given I've heard them get basics wrong.

Back
Top Bottom