Blades Related Dreams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greenwich Blade

Hitch-Hike General
Reaction score
I have had hundreds of these down the decades, but as it is late and I need to get some sleep - possibly in the hope of having yet another Blades Related Dream - here is my most recent.

Friday night going into Saturday morning, I had a dream that we were beating Peterborough in our next home game going into the 90th minute. We were winning 6-5, but could we hold on? I'm afraid not - because of the frequent goal-scoring, the ref added on an inordinate amount of injury time and in something like the 98th minute minute, Peterborough made it 6-6. Afterwards, my only comfort was saying to everyone, "At least I can add that to my list of scorelines witnessed, because I don't think we're likely to ever see another 6-all draw!" Because obviously 6-5 wins are ten-a-penny 'round these parts.

I have a recurring dream about painting huge red and white stripes all down the pitch at Swillsborough from a microlite.

Never been anywhere near a microlite.

I once had the same dream about Upton Park too.

Some dreams come true - hopefully this one!

The night before the Basham's arriving match I had a dream Billy broke his leg, once again fucking up any chance of promotion.

My most recent Blades dream was us losing 5-0 to tinpot opposition (possibly Peterborough, I forget who exactly). This was before deadline day so I can only hope Slav hasn't signed any duds!

I dreamt we lost 3-2 to west brom. Initially I thought that was negative dream, as it turned out it was a positive dream.

I don't tend to dream about Sheffield United,
Maybe I dream we win in the Derby match, bit that's about it

But it's come to something when a United fan can't dream about anything better than a six all draw with Peterborough

I had a dream I’d had a shit in the centre circle at Pigsville, the wife is still trying to get the smell out of the mattress and can’t understand why I shouted “take that you bastards” as I did it………fucking Stella😡

The night before the Basham's arriving match I had a dream Billy broke his leg, once again fucking up any chance of promotion.

My most recent Blades dream was us losing 5-0 to tinpot opposition (possibly Peterborough, I forget who exactly). This was before deadline day so I can only hope Slav hasn't signed any duds!
Basham’s arriving first appeared in the 5-5 draw at Swindon. Not quite the same resonance as a few years later!

Had a dream United were playing Fulham women. Blades men v Fulham women. Several Fulham women were topless. Straight up dream. About 3 years ago.

More interesting were dreams I had beforeUnited v Carlisle United. c1976..
I dreamt of a Carlisle og in a Blades win. A lad called McDonald got our opener og next day.
In c2000, night before WBA at home, I dreamt we went 4 0 up.Next day we won 6 0.

Had a dream United were playing Fulham women. Blades men v Fulham women. Several Fulham women were topless. Straight up dream. About 3 years ago.

More interesting were dreams I had beforeUnited v Carlisle United. c1976..
I dreamt of a Carlisle og in a Blades win. A lad called McDonald got our opener og next day.
In c2000, night before WBA at home, I dreamt we went 4 0 up.Next day we won 6 0.

How come I never have dreams like that?! Don't spose you had cheese before bedtime did you? I just happen to have wedge in the fridge if you did

Had an utterly bizarre pigs-related dream last night.

We were playing them and they had Kirkland in goal. Except he, for some absolutely unknown reason, was a womble.

I am NOT making this one up. I had no cheese before bed or anything, fuck knows how this dream came about.

Dreamt that Marcelo appeared on Get Your Own Back. He had no idea what was going on and was clearly bemused by Dave Benson-Phillips' shit attempts at speaking Portuguese. He had a complete meltdown when he realized he was going into the gunge and had to be restrained by security to a soundtrack of wailing kids.

I had a dream we lost on the opening day to Birmingham this season.

Stuck a fiver on it.

Beer tokens at least.

Had a dream last night, that we brought in 2 billionaire investors, a french Canadian banker living in Saudi Arabia and the founder of twitter.

We were splashing money everywhere not caring about FFP and signed Haaland on the biggest weekly wage ever. 🤣🤣🤣

I have had hundreds of these down the decades, but as it is late and I need to get some sleep - possibly in the hope of having yet another Blades Related Dream - here is my most recent.

Friday night going into Saturday morning, I had a dream that we were beating Peterborough in our next home game going into the 90th minute. We were winning 6-5, but could we hold on? I'm afraid not - because of the frequent goal-scoring, the ref added on an inordinate amount of injury time and in something like the 98th minute minute, Peterborough made it 6-6. Afterwards, my only comfort was saying to everyone, "At least I can add that to my list of scorelines witnessed, because I don't think we're likely to ever see another 6-all draw!" Because obviously 6-5 wins are ten-a-penny 'round these parts.

Well, my dream was right about the amount of goals United would score.

I once dreamt that I had to rescue Colin Hill from being held hostage on a canal barge, a bit like 'Under Siege' but far lower budget and with a ginger full back/centre half rather than Erika Eleniak. I succeeded by the way, Col was fine. It wasn't a premonition.

Last night, I dreamt that Sheffield United were playing Brackley Town in Brackley. Not only was I playing for Sheffield United (subbed before half-time with a calf injury), I was their manager as well (sorry, Hecky). On top of all this, I was listed in the matchday programme as a patron of Brackley Town. With Sheffield United winning 1-0, I announced to the Brackley fans that I felt like a traitor. They didn't find it as funny as I did.

Last night, I dreamt that Sheffield United were playing Brackley Town in Brackley. Not only was I playing for Sheffield United (subbed before half-time with a calf injury), I was their manager as well (sorry, Hecky). On top of all this, I was listed in the matchday programme as a patron of Brackley Town. With Sheffield United winning 1-0, I announced to the Brackley fans that I felt like a traitor. They didn't find it as funny as I did.
Stop eating cheese after 6pm

Back
Top Bottom