Blades 3 Sunderland 2 October 1978

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Went to Wrexham for a 4-0 night match defeat in the late 70s, and the cops took the boots off anyone wearing DMs. Mitch was one of them. He had to watch in his socks. Then it started snowing..... (John Flood was our MOTM that night - that's how crap we were).

That was a very eventful day / night at Wrexham a Tuesday evening late February 1979. The snow played its part on the way home. Mitch and a few of us travelled over together in a couple of hire vans

That was a very eventful day / night at Wrexham a Tuesday evening late February 1979. The snow played its part on the way home. Mitch and a few of us travelled over together in a couple of hire vans
The van had a broken window?

Won goal of the month and 2nd in goal of the season. His goal at Stoke was 3 weeks later

I remember Jimmy Hill waxing lyrical about our second goal (where Anderson heads Sabella's pass between the two defenders). He said something along the lines of "If that had been scored by a Brazilian footballer it would have been given saturation coverage everywhere."

always brought thousands to the lane like newcastle but unlike the barcodes cant remember em coming on the shoreham no doubt somebody will put me right on that one lol
Never come on the Shoreham remember it kicking off on St Mary’s gate a night match late 70s
They always had a great away following

May have been highlight of the league season but I'd have thought beating European Champions Liverpool in the League Cup was probably highlight of the season overall.
I'd totally forgot that the Liverpool League Cup game was the same season. There was also the friendly against River Plate in the same week. So definitely the highlight of the League season.

Back
Top Bottom