Blade deep in Poodle territory

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brighouse Blade

Reaction score
Au revoir everybody as Del-Boy would say.

Halifax born and bred, relocated to the poodle stronghold of Brighouse, home of the famous Brighouse & Rastrick band and...............

Anyway, I'll come clean now and admit my first love is FC Halifax Town so I don't claim to be a passionate Sheffielder, but I have supported the Blades for over 20 years home and away when the fixture list allows it. I vaguely remember United visiting the Shay in the early 80's but I cling to the notion that our paths will never cross again so I needn't worry about who I'd support.

Why United ? Well, as Bradford Blade explained in his post, any self-respecting Halifax fan wouldn't entertain the idea of supporting a West Yorkshire rival, particularly the Poodles from the Gandalf stadium, still living off Herbert Chapman's glories and are well on a par with the pigs in terms of being deluded about being a 'big' club.

Started following United around about the the time Wendy were getting promoted from Division 2 and winning some irrelevant cup. Had a few mates at school who went to Swillsboro at this time and always asked me to come along. Call it a sixth sense or whatever but I just didn't like them and always preferred the Blades, they just seemed more, I dunno - real, less bullsh!t and I liked Harry Bassett and from then I was hooked.

Even now the Pig fans I know up here are getting cocky, I reminded them the league table says we are 2nd.

Keep the faith Unitedites, see you at County tomorrow night

UTB

Welcome along Brighouse. I've got a soft spot for the Shaymen stemming from weekends being dragged around Elland and Halifax by my dad doing his family history research and solidified by hours spent on Premier Manager 2 when I was little.

Good to see the new club doing well, hopefully it'll be a double promotion this year.

UTB

Au revoir everybody as Del-Boy would say.

Hiya fellow West Riding Blade :)

Halifax born and bred, relocated to the poodle stronghold of Brighouse, home of the famous Brighouse & Rastrick band and...

How overjoyed I am to be proved wrong almost immediately after my introductory post :D But it's great to know other Blades not actually born & bred in the Steel City.

Anyway, I'll come clean now and admit my first love is FC Halifax Town so I don't claim to be a passionate Sheffielder, but I have supported the Blades for over 20 years home and away when the fixture list allows it. I vaguely remember United visiting the Shay in the early 80's but I cling to the notion that our paths will never cross again so I needn't worry about who I'd support.

I actually don't live too far from 'Fax meself matey - just over the brow down past Queensbury, and the milky that my son works for is in Brighouse - small, small world...

And like Balham says, I too had a soft-spot for the Shaymen, going there on a number of occasions back in the 90's just to watch Town. Man the ground was a dump though - could have spent hours looking through the shrubbery and the indigenous wildlife amongst the weeds, and that was just the supporters :p LOL!

Why United ? Well, as Bradford Blade explained in his post, any self-respecting Halifax fan wouldn't entertain the idea of supporting a West Yorkshire rival, particularly the Poodles from the Gandalf stadium, still living off Herbert Chapman's glories and are well on a par with the pigs in terms of being deluded about being a 'big' club.

I knew a few Hudds fans myself and they seemed ok at the time - but arrogant, sure...don't know where they got it from...

...I just didn't like them and always preferred the Blades, they just seemed more, I dunno - real, less bullsh!t and I liked Harry Bassett and from then I was hooked.

Kinda sums up my own 'experience' too when I was umm'ing and arr'ing who to commit to before I went to the Lane. I'd considered Wendy, but just got the feel that they were'nt really a 'Sheffield' team. I wanted to be around fellow working-class fans who actually loved the team of the city. Well, I got that down in S2 :cool:

Even now the Pig fans I know up here are getting cocky, I reminded them the league table says we are 2nd.

Keep the faith Unitedites, see you at County tomorrow night

UTB

Thankfully we haven't any we know of here in Braddy - probably a good thing, but as BriggyBlade says KEEP THE FAITH Blades even if (or should I say when?) the table changes...

Well, nice the meet you mate and UTB!

Back
Top Bottom