'Memries' Blackpool v United in the 60s

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kendal

Reaction score
Today a colleague, on discovering I'm a blade decided to tell me a story of when he was a little lad at Bloomfield Road.
His grandad had taken him to his first match. In those days, the front terrace was lower than the pitch, so he got sat on the wall in front of the terrace so he could see. Len Badger went to take a throw in and managed to stand on him, which made the highlights on match of the day
Anyone recall when this was and whether there's a clip on you tube? Struggling to find it. Must have been around 1963 (he's 60 soon, and he said it was when he was 2 or 3.

Today a colleague, on discovering I'm a blade decided to tell me a story of when he was a little lad at Bloomfield Road.
His grandad had taken him to his first match. In those days, the front terrace was lower than the pitch, so he got sat on the wall in front of the terrace so he could see. Len Badger went to take a throw in and managed to stand on him, which made the highlights on match of the day
Anyone recall when this was and whether there's a clip on you tube? Struggling to find it. Must have been around 1963 (he's 60 soon, and he said it was when he was 2 or 3.
First MOTD was in August 1964. There wasnt a Blackpool v Blades match televised on MOTD

Back
Top Bottom