Blackpool In For Kyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
Walker, I was reliably informed last night.

Everton have turned down their request to take Coleman back who did well for them last season so they've now switched to Kyle. Apparently 'Arry wants him to be tested in the Prem rather than the Chumpionship this season.

Makes a lot of sense. Virtually guaranteed first team football at Blackpool.

Let's hope Blackwell's done some sweet talking and can get naughton back!

Walker, I was reliably informed last night.

Everton have turned down their request to take Coleman back who did well for them last season so they've now switched to Kyle. Apparently 'Arry wants him to be tested in the Prem rather than the Chumpionship this season.

I saw excerpts from a pre-season Spurs match last night on SSN. Walker dropped a clanger and almost gave a goal away.

I saw excerpts from a pre-season Spurs match last night on SSN. Walker dropped a clanger and almost gave a goal away.

I believe so, I heard he started at CB with Kyle N at left back. 'Arry has doubts over both Woodgate and King for the start of the season so I guess he's giving Kyle a go in there pre-season before deciding what to do.

as usual we let all our top players leave or blackwell drives them away look at all the players wev let go over the past couple of seasons and the vast majority are all doin really well with other clubs ie billy sharp! it doesnt take a genius to figure out that its bad management or dodgy tactics that is the reason they dont perform well for us! Get that useless tosser out of our club and get a decent man manager in!!!

...the vast majority...

Without wishing to rake over these particular coals again, and apart from Billy who had the best part of two seasons and failed to produce anything of note for three managers here (Blackwell, Robson, Warnock), can you tell me (I'm a non-genius, btw), who else makes up the 'vast majority' of players doing really well at other clubs..?

Without wishing to rake over these particular coals again, and apart from Billy who had the best part of two seasons and failed to produce anything of note for three managers here (Blackwell, Robson, Warnock), can you tell me (I'm a non-genius, btw), who else makes up the 'vast majority' of players doing really well at other clubs..?

There you go again, bursting bubbles

I'd like to know where the £9 Million generated through these sales would of been found?

Please no more comment about how a right back who'd played a handful of games would of gotten us promotion. A fullback has never had such on influence on a side that he has led them to promotion near enough single handedly.
It is also worth keeping in mind that both Walker and Naughton would be available for transfers for much less than the £9 Million we got for them.

I'd like to know where the £9 Million generated through these sales would of been found?

Please no more comment about how a right back who'd played a handful of games would of gotten us promotion. A fullback has never had such on influence on a side that he has led them to promotion near enough single handedly.
It is also worth keeping in mind that both Walker and Naughton would be available for transfers for much less than the £9 Million we got for them.

Totally agree with everything you say down to full backs not getting teams promoted however the biggest problem I have with the whole affair is that a year after the transfers we haven't signed a right back to replace either of them or a left back in Naughton's case.

Which right back are we going to have on trial next?

Nowt new there then. He did that loads of times for us last season. I'd still have him back though.

Agreed.

As much as I wanted them to remain Blades players, the cold hard fact was that we hadn't got a pot to piss in. It was essential to get what we could for them when we could.

And as you quite rightly point out, what financial state would we have been in had we not sold them?

Unfortunately, needs must!

Back
Top Bottom