Blackburn 1 United 0 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Paul Heckingbottom refused to say too much to his players following their 1-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers today, insisting he wants to watch the performance back on video before holding an inquest into what went wrong at Ewood Park."

He needed to say too much. The team needed a rocket up them as well as management. No excuses for that showing from players or management.
They owe the travelling fans a performance not an insipid mess.
He wants to watch it back on video ?
Fuck me , he watched it from the stands - can he not analyse that performance himself ?
Is that why we employ an analyst ?
Feckin useless as a manager today.
Wrong team.
Wrong setup.
No plan.
Shit tactics & no idea how to control the game.
Looked like they'd been coached by a moron and/or could not give a fuck about their performance.
Looks very much to me that there's a massive discord between coaches & players.
How can Berge be allowed to stay on when he does nowt ?
I don't think Hecky could give anyone a bollocking , which is what they need.
Now lost 3 games in last 4 , each of which has been described as hugely significant.
Pathetic performances in each.
Today they were all over the place , defenders miles off , giving Blackburn loads of space , midfield immobile both on & off the ball.
Meanwhile Boro get a hatful of goals.
It would be a criminal waste if we chuck this away , but we look like doing so.

Cheers DB. A tough watch.

I’d probably mark Lowe down lower. You rightly praised his “one good block”, but the danger of that attack came from him inexplicably running away from his man to the touchline. It was like some weird video game glitch.

You’d have hoped the Watford and Spurs games gave us a blueprint for games against the better teams. Keep it tight, and we’ll have enough later on to get a goal. Instead, our attacking mindset is “get as many defenders forward as possible and we’ll probably get an overload somewhere”. It’s like a really amateur understanding of when things were good with Wilder and Knill. Inevitably, we’re creating opportunities for opponents to exploit our greatest weakness, pace on the break.

Against the better sides, I feel like we can’t play both Lowe and Bogle.

I’m not sure how many times people have to hear this to understand, but it needs to be said again.

Berge is not a defensive midfielder. He’s not on the pitch to twat it from outside the box. He’s on the pitch to get the ball from one box to another and feed the strikers.

When there’s no opportunity to do that he looks pointless, BUT if the game isn’t going that way he should be subbed (but never is).

In games like this where he isn’t suited, he should be hooked, but isn’t.

My problem isn’t with Berge, it’s with the manager, which then feeds into the fans view that he does nothing.

It’s the same with Bogle. His game is bombing forward, being tricky and shooting / assisting. When the game isn’t suited to that it’s shear madness leaving him to carry on trying over and over.

The lack of in game changes (even if shape) is the most worrying. It’s obvious in some games but never seems to be addressed.

As an aside Deadbat your ratings are very generous on most players. Agree Berge played poorly but for me he wasn’t the worst on show.

Lowe, Bogle, McB, Fleck, Sharp all 2s and 3s if that.

Back
Top Bottom