Bipolar Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chingo

Reaction score
Trust in Slav … Slav out , Moose is wank … moose is best finisher at the club , we’ve got Billy Sharp , Billy is still past it , Osborn is shit … Osborn is so busy mom , Davies getting better every game … can we send Davies back , just a few of the contradictions seen on here and fb over the last two or three weeks , there is other players that have featured but I think I have made my point !
A lot of Blades “fans” blow with the wind and when we win we’re great and lose we’re crap and some live to whinge and moan , the match thread is best some go from one extreme to the other in 90 minutes lol
As Geofrey Palmer once said there is enough in here for a whole psychiatry conference !

Trust in Slav … Slav out , Moose is wank … moose is best finisher at the club , we’ve got Billy Sharp , Billy is still past it , Osborn is shit … Osborn is so busy mom , Davies getting better every game … can we send Davies back , just a few of the contradictions seen on here and fb over the last two or three weeks , there is other players that have featured but I think I have made my point !
A lot of Blades “fans” blow with the wind and when we win we’re great and lose we’re crap and some live to whinge and moan , the match thread is best some go from one extreme to the other in 90 minutes lol
As Geofrey Palmer once said there is enough in here for a whole psychiatry conference !
Think you've just described every football fan of every club in existence.

What in the space of a couple of weeks … minutes and in some cases !

Swap bipolar for wanker and you've nailed it.

Im changing my mind about stuff as i type - love Norwood - no i don't - ffs help

The problem is the fashion for exaggerated polarised opinions.
Its the same on YouTube and Twitter….a balanced logical opinion is considered boring.
However say anything controversial with mass exagerration then you gain followers, feedback etc.

We had it with Ched, Brexit, Covid, politics…..rational balanced discussion was quite rare.
Most people feel this need to pick a side…..then exaggerate their blinkered view refusing to even consider alternative viewpoints.
It makes me sad how most humans on socisl media are unable to give considered opinions.
However to be fair….I don’t think a written medium like a forum is the best way to communicate.
Also I suspect theres a form of theatre/ entertainment regards these polarised opinions, the classic attention seeking wind up merchants.

Its the same on YouTube and Twitter….a balanced logical opinion is considered boring.
However say anything controversial with mass exagerration then you gain followers, feedback etc.

We had it with Ched, Brexit, Covid, politics…..rational balanced discussion was quite rare.
Most people feel this need to pick a side…..then exaggerate their blinkered view refusing to even consider alternative viewpoints.
It makes me sad how most humans on socisl media are unable to give considered opinions.
However to be fair….I don’t think a written medium like a forum is the best way to communicate.
Also I suspect theres a form of theatre/ entertainment regards these polarised opinions, the classic attention seeking wind up merchants.
I think the term is “gobshites”. It’s so tiresome….people desperate out do each other with their hot takes - “he’s lost the dressing room/his legs have gone/he’s really a league one player” etc

I do think as well our fans are some of the worst for wallowing in self pity. Every set of fans indulges in a bit of pessimism or gallows humour but after a while it gets so fucking boring.

WHAT A DISGRACEFUL OPINION. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?

Yes

Do you have any actual examples of posters doing this?

For example with Sharp. Are posters really changing their minds week in or out with him. Or is it just that when he has a quiet/poor game, the fans who don't rate him come out and fans who rate him have less to say. And likewise.

So it appears the fan base is all over the place, but actually 95% of fans have a pretty stable opinion on most matters

No just Sheffield United fans,
Everybody else's fans are fantastic except ours

I think combined views of hundreds of people, each with different opinions doesn't mean anybody is bipolar

Just let slav bring in his players and then play his preferred system.... at the moment we are in flux ... the next window is very important... if the club don't back slav then don't expect miracles

A lot of Blades “fans” blow with the wind and when we win we’re great and lose we’re crap and some live to whinge and moan , the match thread is best some go from one extreme to the other in 90 minutes lol .... Chingo wrote

Following this team at the moment makes you feel like that,
like a fkin rollercoaster - 3 nil up cruising and then hanging on for the win.

This defence/midfield/keeper just look like they are gonna concede every attack/corner/free kick/long throw - weak as piss.

I think that's pretty much every football fan. When it's good it's great, when it's bad the club is going into liquidation. I have no filter in between this, it's made even harder by supportinging such a mid-table team.

Back
Top Bottom