Better today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure it was a clueless move, but it seemed to be a preservation of players move. It seemed a little bit strange to make so many changes (3 at once) taking off Hamer (injured/ cramped up) as well as McAtee and Diaz, the three most creative players to replace with energy, battering ram and headless running. I kind of get why, but as you say, we’d rattled them, only to reset and then sit so deep and defend the 1-1

It was a very safe move which just didn’t work.

McBurnie coming on in the form he was in Saturday was smart, but do it with Diaz on the pitch, perhaps also with McAtee on as well ( who looked bewildered when he came off)
I just don’t think it was a safe move. It has failed time and time again. As soon as the changes were made, Liverpool knew we weren’t going to score and so could flood forwards and take their time. Lose possession? No worries because they knew they'd get it back inside our half. Man City wouldn’t hold out for 30 minutes playing that way.

I just don’t think it was a safe move. It has failed time and time again. As soon as the changes were made, Liverpool knew we weren’t going to score and so could flood forwards and take their time. Lose possession? No worries because they knew they'd get it back inside our half. Man City wouldn’t hold out for 30 minutes playing that way.
I agree but you also have to remember the hammerings we’ve had… I can see why he did it but it doesn’t work, energy, pace and battering rams are great as part of a plan, but the changes just seemed chaotic

I get what you’re saying, but wouldn’t you say those things are to do with just not being quite as good as Liverpool?

They lost a runner, but Mcatee’s shot was straight at the keeper. We stayed with almost every runner, lost one for a second, and Gakpo buried it.

We had a chance from a cross - missed it: whereas McAllister gets the ball from a deflected clearance and smashes a fantastic unstoppable shot into the absolute top corner of the net.

There were lapses in concentration from us, but having that concentration is part of being top quality. And when you’re defending for over 83% of the game, there’s a lot more chance of slipping up for a vital second.

I just don’t think there was a lack of desire or effort today on our part. At one point, a freak result looked like it might have been on, but I don’t really think we threw away a game we should have got 3 points from because we didn’t try hard enough.
There’s a huge element of us not being as good as them and we certainly haven’t thrown the game away. We just accepted towards the end that we’d lose and we did.

It’s easy for Macallister to find the top corner when under no pressure, I just think that there’s an acceptance we lose and it’s a self fulfilling prophecy in most games. Throwing the last 2 games away from winning positions is another case in point. We didn’t play Liverpool in either of them!

Not on subject but I’m sat here 4am watching wilders interview and for me he always speaks well sometimes sounds sour but that’s because he cares but my query is …. Where is he from because he’s got a funny chesterfield type twang in the accent. He says certain things and it’s definitely not Dee dah ! But I do
Like to listen to him in an interview same as hecky tbh. Comes across as one of lads and very genuine tbh

I heard the interview too. Good interview think he always come across as well on an interview from a sufc point of view.

But can come across bitter but think it’s because he’s a fan and it hurts more.

Not on subject but I’m sat here 4am watching wilders interview and for me he always speaks well sometimes sounds sour but that’s because he cares but my query is …. Where is he from because he’s got a funny chesterfield type twang in the accent. He says certain things and it’s definitely not Dee dah ! But I do
Like to listen to him in an interview same as hecky tbh. Comes across as one of lads and very genuine tbh

Moved down south when he was mid / late teens didn’t he?

I agree but you also have to remember the hammerings we’ve had… I can see why he did it but it doesn’t work, energy, pace and battering rams are great as part of a plan, but the changes just seemed chaotic
Maybe late in the season and we don't seem to have the numbers to see the games out.
A pattern has emerged in the last three games! A pattern that worked for Luton last season,credit to them they have built on that and done really well this season even though I think they will still go down.
The plan :stay in the game , be competitive and maybe pinch something.
We have done that well unfortunately we don't have the fitness or athletism to see games out! Something Luton have bags of and built on it.
This lack of fitness (athletism)is our undoing and cost us at least 4points out of last nine.
No doubt Wilder has a point with this !, playing 2nd fiddle is not enjoyable to watch but does work if you have the fitness to carry the plan out.
Can't accept he willingly changes personal and tactics cus he wants to ! players knackered and running on empty is a remedy for injuries and losing players due to muscle strains etc.
Good effort anyway.

Jack Robinson after the match: "We stuck to our game plan and it worked throughout."

Our game plan was to lose 3-1? F*cking masterstroke that!

Accents do change .
I moved from Sheffield 7 years ago and when I return mates say I'm brum in accent.
To me I don't understand it or how as I don't know.
Then again I work with derby and brummies all day so perhaps I picked it up.
7 years away from your own city is along time but you don't actually realise your accent has changed till others tell you .

Go on, I'll bite....

What an absolutely moronic comment.
Roger I agree but unless Osula learns the basics he will never succeed. Any striker has to be able to keep hold of the ball. He loses possession every time it comes to him. We have so little of the ball we can't afford to give it away so cheaply.

I've got everything crossed that at least one of Osula and Jebbo make it but I'm worried thst both of them have only got this far due to their physical attributes. Neither keep hold of the ball and neither appear to be a natural finisher. The difficult decision for the club is how long do we give them to prove themselves?

My gut tells me that of the young strikers Marsh is the one most likely to succeed as he knows where the back of the net is.

Osula is wank. We should sell to a League 1 side with a bit of money….
Shall we see how good he is in the Championship before making decisions?
We know he can score below PL level, so give him chance in the Championship.
To give away a player who realistically may become a decent striker is not good business.

Roger I agree but unless Osula learns the basics he will never succeed. Any striker has to be able to keep hold of the ball. He loses possession every time it comes to him. We have so little of the ball we can't afford to give it away so cheaply.

I've got everything crossed that at least one of Osula and Jebbo make it but I'm worried thst both of them have only got this far due to their physical attributes. Neither keep hold of the ball and neither appear to be a natural finisher. The difficult decision for the club is how long do we give them to prove themselves?

My gut tells me that of the young strikers Marsh is the one most likely to succeed as he knows where the back of the net is.
Osula has shown both for us and Derby that he is a natural finisher, but there is so much improvement needed.
No downside in giving him the chance next season.

Osula has shown both for us and Derby that he is a natural finisher, but there is so much improvement needed.
No downside in giving him the chance next season.

Can’t see that Osula is a natural finisher in senior football, that’s my principle concern about him.

I’m not here to hammer him and wish him well, but I would be worried if we’re to rely on him for more than 5 goals next season.

Shall we see how good he is in the Championship before making decisions?
We know he can score below PL level, so give him chance in the Championship.
To give away a player who realistically may become a decent striker is not good business.

I’d quite happily get shot of him. Sure hes a nice lad and all but for what we need he isn’t right. Genuinely can’t remember him having a decent game where he’s scored and shown some brilliance - gills probably, hence the League 1 comment. I genuinely think that’s his level.

I can sum up our performance, I wasn't going to watch it but my son convinced me to watch the first half in the pub which I did, I ended up staying to watch the whole game.
End of my summery on our performance.

Based on what we've seen this year, we need players with pace, size, physicality, athleticism - and Osula is one of the few players in the current squad who has these attributes. We have a much better future with players like this than the current crop of players who look they were recruited against a 2016 job description.

Even in the championship last season the likes of Doyle, Ndiaye, McAtee stood out due to their movement and ability to buzz around he pitch for 90 mins. If we drop down and expect the likes of Norwood, McBurnie, Sousa to propel us into the top 6, i think we're going to come a massive cropper!

We need to recruit better athletes first and foremost!

I agree, he’s got a great physique, decent pace, in fact all of the physical attributes you’d want to be a top striker.

I just think when he comes on he appears too timid or respectful of the opposition. I’d like to see him be much more aggressive, use his strength more, get his body across his marker, stick his arse out and hold the ball up. If he only did this and was then able to bring others into the game, his self confidence and his effectiveness would significantly increase. He’s of an age now where he should be able to impose himself to some extent, in games at any level, if he’s going to make the grade.

Can’t see that Osula is a natural finisher in senior football, that’s my principle concern about him.

I’m not here to hammer him and wish him well, but I would be worried if we’re to rely on him for more than 5 goals next season.
He has shown he is good in the cup and L1. We both await seeing whether he can hack it in the Championship

Osula is wank. We should sell to a League 1 side with a bit of money….
Haven’t you read this forum before?? Don’t you realise that Osula and Jebbo are going to smash the league next season. Or if not, the season after, or the one after that?
Sick of hearing how ‘raw’ they are. For ‘raw’ read ‘not good enough ’

Haven’t you read this forum before?? Don’t you realise that Osula and Jebbo are going to smash the league next season. Or if not, the season after, or the one after that?
Sick of hearing how ‘raw’ they are. For ‘raw’ read ‘not good enough ’

Yeah they will, who will they be playing for though?

Back
Top Bottom