Better today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sad to say thst was my score prediction and won money on it but our away results since wilder took over have been far better than home results.
4 home , 4 away to go .
Just beat the scum forest and I'm happy .

Worst thing we did was score.

We took two intelligent players off, brought McBurnie and the competition winners on.

We need to get past dropping our heads and dropping off when sides score

We took two intelligent players off, brought McBurnie and the competition winners on.

Heads didn't drop after first goal and or 2nd I don't think.

Not like they have done (many times) before this season.

Heads didn't drop after first goal and or 2nd I don't think.

Not like they have done (many times) before this season.
2nd goal they did but we’d already dropped deep as soon as we equalised

The worst thing this side can do is drop deep and try and defend. We don’t stop shots, we give freekicks away, we invite pressure. You can see it in the demeanour

A fair few positives from this game if I’m honest
Thought Anel -Robbo -Trusty -Holgate had good games
Boogle was a bit hit and Miss
Arblaster & Hamer played ok as did Souza at times
Up front we were very limited and it showed
But we won’t be playing potential league champions every week
Keeper is a no no from me he doesn’t fill me with confidence at all in fact he’s fucking wank
Think Osula isn’t ready but we are limited up there
A dogged gritty display I would have taken 3-0 before game but I think we gave a good but limited display
Well played Blades

Good effort by the lads but lacking composure on the ball and turning it over to easily again,and putting ourselves under to much pressure.

Agreed. No shame at all. When you’re playing any side that’s going into the last few weeks of the season above both Man City, and Arsenal, at their ground, and you’ve got them biting their nails at 1-1 with two thirds of the match gone, … you’re doing alright.

Commitment was good - everyone was following runners, staying focused. Bearing in mind this Liverpool side have only lost one premier league game at Anfield in the last 3 seasons - and we’ve been getting smashed week-in-week-out - I thought it was to the players’ credit that we didn’t roll over after gifting them an unforced goal. We kept at it, defended the box well, made a few chances, got a goal, and it was only a one-off moment of brilliance that truly settled it.

We’re shocking overall

The - we weren’t so bad - comments , I agree with if we were a 2 nd div team

We’re not - we’re supposedly Prem League

We can’t pass - can’t keep any kind of possession - look a rag bag of a team . We make subs and we are improved worse . We are utterly fkin shocking to watch in almost every aspect

Ffs

Compared to some of the shit shows this season it was ‘good’. Compared to actual competitiveness and desire to get at least a point it was pretty bad.

Those swallowing the “we can’t be expected to compete with these teams” bollocks are part of the problem.

McBurnie was fully responsible for letting MacAllister score that 2nd. He stood and watched and didn't moved.

Shame Archer isn’t fit as him coming on with McBurnie mightve meant we hadn’t gotten weaker with substitutions which has plagued us all season. I think Osula has a huge ceiling but no doubt he has become a culprit (along with a few others) on us getting weaker with changes. Hopefully all of the out of possession work he’s having to learn will improve him for next year.

No need to start bitching about players tonight. If we'd played like this all season we'd be in a different situation.
I'm not bitching, I'm saying he was caught napping. Of the 15 points we've got this season he's been on the pitch for 2. Bitching is being snide- criticising is just opinion. I would blame the substitution not the player anyway.

Compared to some of the shit shows this season it was ‘good’. Compared to actual competitiveness and desire to get at least a point it was pretty bad.

Those swallowing the “we can’t be expected to compete with these teams” bollocks are part of the problem.
We haven’t been anywhere near competitive enough in 90% of our games this season.

In terms of the idea of going away from home and competing with these teams though (Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City) - I’d expect us to compete, have very little possession, run ourselves into the ground … and I’d genuinely expect that we will almost certainly lose. I think those are all fairly reasonable expectations. Liverpool haven’t lost to anyone at home this season; only Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd have managed to get a point there. Man City are unbeaten in the league at home. Arsenal have had one defeat at home.

Occasionally you get a freak result, but almost all of the time, the teams with the smallest budgets in the league are going to lose at Anfield, Emirates and Etihad.

That just seems to me to be where we’re at with the current situation in the league at the moment.

2nd goal they did but we’d already dropped deep as soon as we equalised

The worst thing this side can do is drop deep and try and defend. We don’t stop shots, we give freekicks away, we invite pressure. You can see it in the demeanour
This, Wilder is totally clueless. Rattle them, score and what does he do? Immediately take off all our attacking options and try to defend for 30 minutes- the man is a joke. All that was missing was pointy Norwood. I don’t give a toss if we lose but for Christs sake have a go. What tactical genius thinks we can defend a lead at Anfield by sitting back and taking any threat we have off? It was clear that McB was put on to defend the inevitable hailstorm of balls into our box not to score.

We haven’t been anywhere near competitive enough in 90% of our games this season.

In terms of the idea of going away from home and competing with these teams though (Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City) - I’d expect us to compete, have very little possession, run ourselves into the ground … and I’d genuinely expect that we will almost certainly lose. I think those are all fairly reasonable expectations. Liverpool haven’t lost to anyone at home this season; only Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd have managed to get a point there. Man City are unbeaten in the league at home. Arsenal have had one defeat at home.

Occasionally you get a freak result, but almost all of the time, the teams with the smallest budgets in the league are going to lose at Anfield, Emirates and Etihad.

That just seems to me to be where we’re at with the current situation in the league at the moment.
I’d have taken 3-1 before the game, having watched the game I’d have preferred to have not given them the first, watched a World Cup winner stroll on to a deflection unopposed for the 2nd and our players not track a runner for the 3rd.

Neil Warnock’s famous half time rant about dying for 3 points would be apt for this lot.

This, Wilder is totally clueless. Rattle them, score and what does he do? Immediately take off all our attacking options and try to defend for 30 minutes- the man is a joke. All that was missing was pointy Norwood. I don’t give a toss if we lose but for Christs sake have a go. What tactical genius thinks we can defend a lead at Anfield by sitting back and taking any threat we have off? It was clear that McB was put on to defend the inevitable hailstorm of balls into our box not to score.
Not sure it was a clueless move, but it seemed to be a preservation of players move. It seemed a little bit strange to make so many changes (3 at once) taking off Hamer (injured/ cramped up) as well as McAtee and Diaz, the three most creative players to replace with energy, battering ram and headless running. I kind of get why, but as you say, we’d rattled them, only to reset and then sit so deep and defend the 1-1

It was a very safe move which just didn’t work.

McBurnie coming on in the form he was in Saturday was smart, but do it with Diaz on the pitch, perhaps also with McAtee on as well ( who looked bewildered when he came off)

I’d have taken 3-1 before the game, having watched the game I’d have preferred to have not given them the first, watched a World Cup winner stroll on to a deflection unopposed for the 2nd and our players not track a runner for the 3rd.

Neil Warnock’s famous half time rant about dying for 3 points would be apt for this lot.
I get what you’re saying, but wouldn’t you say those things are to do with just not being quite as good as Liverpool?

They lost a runner, but Mcatee’s shot was straight at the keeper. We stayed with almost every runner, lost one for a second, and Gakpo buried it.

We had a chance from a cross - missed it: whereas McAllister gets the ball from a deflected clearance and smashes a fantastic unstoppable shot into the absolute top corner of the net.

There were lapses in concentration from us, but having that concentration is part of being top quality. And when you’re defending for over 83% of the game, there’s a lot more chance of slipping up for a vital second.

I just don’t think there was a lack of desire or effort today on our part. At one point, a freak result looked like it might have been on, but I don’t really think we threw away a game we should have got 3 points from because we didn’t try hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom