Best Possible XI ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BexleyBlade

Reaction score
What would your best XI be for next yrs. championship season? (assuming Jags is on his way)

GK - Paddy

RB - Del Boy
CB - Davis
CB - Morgs
LB - Killa

RM - Keeeef
DCM - Monty
ACM - Koumas (if we could get him ???)
LM - Squinny

CF - Hulse
CF - Stead

With others like...
CKR
Nade
Shelts
Lucketti
Stretch
Kieron Richardson???
Tonguey
...to compete for positions in first team

I can pretty much see that team working, looks like we can assume Jags is definitely off :)

I think Nade will prove extremely useful next year so I think he would be in my best XI... we may need his strength up front with either Hulse or Stead.

I think we need more midfield options... competition for all areas and all that.

I just cannot see Koumas joining us, his past relationship with Robbo and the fact that he is currently at a club with as good a chance of promotion as we do next year suggest against it.

My team would be as follows:

Kenny
Armstrong
Morgan
Davis
Geary
Squinny
Murphy (Danny)
Tonge
Richardson
Hulse
Stead

Monty will be useful for games where we need a midfield destroyer (away games against the stronger teams), CKR is a good back-up option for both wings or centre forward and our abundance of talent up front means we can mix and match depending on the opponents.

GK - Kenny

RB - Delboy
CB - Morgan
CB - Davis
LB - Killa

RM - CKR ....could be good in championship
CM - Monty
CM - Koumas????...if not tonge
LM - Richardson?????....if not squinny

CF - Hulse
CF - Stead

Like linz said Nade could be very good next year and cause havoc for championship defences. Same with Shelton...i think we have good competition for places up front!

Andy Reid is another name being thrown around the papers...

Bottom line is, while we can put good players up front and at the back we lack strength in the middle. Kouumas and Richardson are just a hope, we need to find somebody we can actually get, and soon or we will likely lose more players.

Take out Armstrong, Monty and Keef and maybe.

Koumas and Richardson wont come here.

I wouldn't mind us going in for Earnshaw and having him with Hulse up front. But again it was Robbo that sold him.

I wouldn't mind us going in for Earnshaw and having him with Hulse up front. But again it was Robbo that sold him.

I would have thought that Shelton and Webber both offer as much if not more then Earnshaw, i really hope we do not bring in another forward unless we let a couple go first.

Id love Earnshaw, proven goalscorer at this level. Webber doesnt come close.

Imagine Sharp and Earnshaw up front, that would mean goals goals goals.

I would have thought that Shelton and Webber both offer as much if not more then Earnshaw, i really hope we do not bring in another forward unless we let a couple go first.

Shelton - 9 career goals

Webber - 37 career goals

Compare them to:

Earnshaw - 126 career goals

Sharp - 62 career goals

I know which 2 id rather have. :)

Shelton - 9 career goals

Webber - 37 career goals

Compare them to:

Earnshaw - 126 career goals

Sharp - 62 career goals

I know which 2 id rather have. :)
Yeah, cos Earnshaw and Shelton have played about the same number of games... :confused:

Look at goal ratio, far better indicator.

The main point against Earnshaw is that he is butt ugly. He's got teeth that would enable him to eat an apple through a tennis racket.

sharp isnt proven at this level.

GK - Paddy (if he stays)

RB - Geary
CD - Morgan
CD - Davis (the Davis of early last season)
LB - Killa

RM - KEEF
CM - Tonge/Monty
CM - Koumas or someone like him
LM - Squinny

ST - Hulse
ST - Stead

starting team of next season... seen as jagz looks going and no nailed on players coming in:

GK - Kenny

RB - Geary
CH - morgan
CH - Davis
LB - killa

MR - Tonge
CM - A.Quinn
CM - monty
LW - Squinny

ST - stead
ST - Nade

never said anything about them... certain members were jizzing over a earnshaw and sharpe partnership while saying webber and shelton arnt proven at this level. was just pointing out that sharpe isnt too :)

I would have thought that Shelton and Webber both offer as much if not more then Earnshaw,

Earnshaw's stats speak for themselves.

Also I think a few weeks ago I saw on soccer AM that Earnie was most prolific goalscorer in all english leagues for a goals to game ratio.

i really hope we do not bring in another forward unless we let a couple go first.

I'd be happy for Webber to go out on loan. I also don't see Stead being a firm figure for Robbo either for some reason. Don't know why

The main point against Earnshaw is that he is butt ugly. He's got teeth that would enable him to eat an apple through a tennis racket.

I thought the main point against him was his welsh national status? :D

Neither is Shelton, or even Webber really.

I really do beg to differ, Webber has shownm his class in this league not only with us but with Watford.

No Ian Dowie though is he??

Which one is the real Ian Dowie?
EWJshirt.jpg
TH1_295200621dowie.jpg

too fat to be the one on theleft ;)

Back to your original question, our best team is what we have minus Jags. It takes a squad to win the league, not 11 players, and our squad is pretty damn good.

kenny

Geary
Morgan
Davis
Killgallon

Gillespie
Monty
Quinn
Quinn

Stead Hulse

Kenny

Armstrong
Morgan
Davis
Geary

CKR
Monty
Tonge
Squinny

Stead
Hulse

Back
Top Bottom