Berge and MGW

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Play both. That's the answer. We were seriously good yesterday. It means a lone striker but so what MGW had freedom to roam. Swansea were poor but we made them look poor.
We were above ok they were by far the worst team we’ve played this season kamikaze football and that includes Peterborough
But it will do confidence the world of good and 4 excellent goals

Both played brilliant but with the schedule weve got we have to continue rotating the team , too many games too quick do real damage to players, look at baldock, for the really important games yesterdays team would be my choice but we need to protect them

Agree. Berge looks like a £22.5 million signing now. In retrospect Wilder's signings don't look so abysmal. JLT looks worth every penny of 0.5 mill. You have to give them time. The problem was in the Prem we needed 'oven ready' not potential.
Berge had a great game but he needs to put in a string of them before we can even start talking about him being worth what we paid.

My only concern is if he's injury prone likewise Brewster. But he was very good yesterday.

I think Hecky's play to the other sides weak points method is working pretty well to be honest

Both played brilliant but with the schedule weve got we have to continue rotating the team , too many games too quick do real damage to players, look at baldock, for the really important games yesterdays team would be my choice but we need to protect them
On the one hand I agree but on the other, unfortunately all the games from here on in are all important, we cant save players for the playoffs or the final push and end up finishing 7th

I am watching wolves now, how the fuck MGW cant get in this wolves team is beyond me 🤷‍♂️

Whilst that is true our fixtures show that we now have a 7 game run, followed by 2 weeks off (Barnsley, 19th April - next game Stoke on 2nd April) and then a final run in of 8 games.

the management need to factor this in and make sure the regular core players get sensible breaks but use that mini break to hopefully a good break - perhaps a sunny spell away somewhere.

Swansea were a poor team, but that team that played yesterday can finish 2nd if it is managed properly and if that 2 week break used to good effect.

If we've dropped on the new Duffy in how MGW played yesterday then we need to build on that team and formation and use it in the coming weeks and hopefully put ourselves as close as possible to Bournemouth before going into the last run of 8 games.

Do we bust a gut with the team that played yesterday - no, but there's no point in running the next 7 games down and still being way behind 2nd spot.

This competition is not about finish 3rd.

UTB

Agree. Berge looks like a £22.5 million signing now. In retrospect Wilder's signings don't look so abysmal. JLT looks worth every penny of 0.5 mill. You have to give them time. The problem was in the Prem we needed 'oven ready' not potential.

That is true to some degree but money was spent in the wrong areas of the team when Wilder started spending big money. He made us too top heavy, reliant on players with potential who needed time to come good and also went for random cheap signings that were more Championship than Premier League players.

It's been glaringly obvious for a long time that Berge's attributes lend best to him being a RAM in the English game. He has the body strength and leg power to beat players going forward, but he isn't tenacious or aggressive enough to operate in a defensive midfield role

It's difficult to argue against same again. Especially as it's a Wednesday night game.

Injuries is the only reason that stacks up.

Indeed and injuries are the main problem, but just to assume we'll have injuries is for me the wrong way to look at it. We cross an injuries bridge if we get to it.

We have a run of 7 games, then a 2 week break (all teams do). We should use some prem money and go to Saudi for a warm weather break and come back refreshed ready for the final 8 games.

We need to give ourselves the best possible chance to finish 2nd - and that is to get as close to Bournemouth in the next 7 games as we can. They have a very hard set of games in April which includes coming to the Lane.

We have the opportunity, but only if we take the next 7 games seriously and stop 3/4/5 changes each game. Get up there quickly and put pressure on Bournemouth.

Am I discounting the rest? yes of course, there's no prizes for finishing 3rd and we should trust in our own new found team spirit, ability and enthusiasm.

We must go for it and make it happen as against hoping it will happen.

UTB

That is true to some degree but money was spent in the wrong areas of the team when Wilder started spending big money. He made us too top heavy, reliant on players with potential who needed time to come good and also went for random cheap signings that were more Championship than Premier League players.
I think he also overpaid Too. Seemed to have one track mind. Fixed idea that he must have McB and wasn’t prepared to move on when Swansea stuck out for £22 mill.

I think he also overpaid Too. Seemed to have one track mind. Fixed idea that he must have McB and wasn’t prepared to move on when Swansea stuck out for £22 mill.

McBurnie seemed like the only striker he wanted after Maupay turned us down.

We were above ok they were by far the worst team we’ve played this season kamikaze football and that includes Peterborough
But it will do confidence the world of good and 4 excellent goals
Worst team at Lane this season we’re Huddersfield for me. Some turnaround from them.

McBurnie seemed like the only striker he wanted after Maupay turned us down.

Hadn't we run out of options after we couldn't reach an agreement with Maupay. McB was signed very late and don't think there was anyone else we could go to - although I still find it a bit daft we didn't try and get Bowen to the club from Hull.

UTB

I don't get this , rotation didn't exist 30 years ago, maybe just maybe playing every game keeps you fit , just maybe playing , not playing, playing , not playing is just as big a cause of muscle injuries , or maybe I'm just old and miserable now

I don't get this , rotation didn't exist 30 years ago, maybe just maybe playing every game keeps you fit , just maybe playing , not playing, playing , not playing is just as big a cause of muscle injuries , or maybe I'm just old and miserable now

Wilder rotated when we got promoted especially in the final quarter of the season.

Now we no longer have 2 strikers I’m glad we’ve given that idea up.

Play both. That's the answer. We were seriously good yesterday. It means a lone striker but so what MGW had freedom to roam. Swansea were poor but we made them look poor.
Agreed, Berge needs a run in the side now got to get the most out of him. MGW has to start.

Back
Top Bottom