Bemused by it all.......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VespaBlade

Lord of Dingletown (formerly of CiL, Worksop)
Reaction score
I'm sat at work (don't tell noone) wondering how I feel about it all this afternoon.
Bemused is all I can think of.

After the disaster of last year and then an ex Pig player and manager taking control I wasn't really expecting much this season TBH.
However from DW's first interview I thought he was calm and I put his Pig/not fantastic record to one side to give him a chance.

A year later we have got 90 points, played some wonderful football, had a class goalscorer and rejuvinated some players who last year I wanted shot! We were coasting, 5 points clear, in our hands etc.. Fantastic.
A month or so later the Pigs(of all teams) have pipped us by a whisker to automatic promotion.
And I just feel bemused by it.........

We had the best finisher in the division, who's finishing was as good as I have seen at times, scoring for fun and then with 3 games of the season to go is taken away from us for non football reasons.
His replacement gets injured and sent back and the prodigal son stays warming the bench.
The old guy has a shoulder injury and we are left with a player who is clearly out of sorts at Utd
And I feel bemused by it..........

I have seen Utd lose in cup semis, playoffs, relegation battles and other important games in the 25 years I have been watching them and although there have been good times, pitch invasions and 3 promotions I have never felt like how I feel right now,this minute as I type this.....

I am normally the positive one to be around...No that is a lie, I am a typical Blade expecting the worst, more often than not recieving the worst, with occasional highs.

Can we do it?
In the lap of the Gods- who for ages haven't looked too kindly on us...

So how do I feel?
Like your every day Blade thats what..
UTB
Keep the Faith

Im proud of the teams achievments this season.

It only hurts more because the team from S6 pipped us.

Very hard to take. BUT an exellent oppurtunity to put the ghost of the play offs to bed once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom