Belief

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
Not been, away on holiday & watched match in a bar. Got to say United didn’t let themselves down.

We were so well organised in keeping City out until they scored. The last 20 I thought this is the United I know. I reckon that performance today will make them them think they’re not out of place in the Premier League and they didn’t look it either. Man City are the best team in the World don’t forget.

The look on Haaland’s face when he scored was relief, as in thank god. The joy when they got the second wasn’t the look of a team who’d had an easy ride.

McBurnies back and looked good. Archer’s in. Two loans coming in, hopefully McAtee being one.

I’m very optimistic after watching that.

On a side note, Foderingham had a great game and looked the part.

Bogle, cool, calm and a great goal.

Larouci, what happened, was it a slip? Doesn’t do that and it’s a draw.

Kyle Walker…I get he’s a professional and all that, but he didn’t half piss me off with his over the top reaction when he effed up. He’s supposed to be a Blade!

Not been, away on holiday & watched match in a bar. Got to say United didn’t let themselves down.

We were so well organised in keeping City out until they scored. The last 20 I thought this is the United I know. I reckon that performance today will make them them think they’re not out of place in the Premier League and they didn’t look it either. Man City are the best team in the World don’t forget.

The look on Haaland’s face when he scored was relief, as in thank god. The joy when they got the second wasn’t the look of a team who’d had an easy ride.

McBurnies back and looked good. Archer’s in. Two loans coming in, hopefully McAtee being one.

Kyle Walker…I get he’s a professional and all that, but he didn’t half piss me off with his over the top reaction when he effed up. He’s supposed to be a Blade!
Understand what you are saying, however we seem to be getting in the habit of finding ways to lose matches. As against Forest we really should have hung on for a point today.

Understand what you are saying, however we seem to be getting in the habit of finding ways to lose matches. As against Forest we really should have hung on for a point today.
I get what you're saying mate, but I can still take loads of positives from today. That 'assist' from Foden was just pure good fortune and although, to be fair, we could have got well beaten, it was still hard to take.
You're right though, Larouchi deals with that and we get a point....possibly!

If you weren’t at the ground then you won’t have noticed that after the match Walker went to pick Larouchy off the ball. Then he clapped the John St stand who clapped back then he turned to look at the Kop and he put his hand on his heart and kept tapping it.

The Kop applauded him and chanted “he’s one of our own”

Plenty of positives. The result was always foregone and they would have always found a way.

To quote Chris Wilder in a lot of games when we had the shite season “small margins”.

If we can turn these margins in our favour we’ll be ok. Losing becomes a habit if you can’t break it.

If you weren’t at the ground then you won’t have noticed that after the match Walker went to pick Larouchy off the ball. Then he clapped the John St stand who clapped back then he turned to look at the Kop and he put his hand on his heart and kept tapping it.

The Kop applauded him and chanted “he’s one of our own”
And he was the only Man City player not to celebrate the Man City goals with his teammates. He just walked back to his position. It was really noticeable with all other Man City players huddling together and him (the captain) staying well away from them

Got to admit I thought the spirit of the team would have been sucked out with losing N’diaye and Berge how we did, but seeing the performance today and against forest has me thinking we will have enough. You look at teams like Everton with how their fans are reacting to the ownership I can see them going down.

We ought to believe..... OK it was'nt quite toe to toe for much of the match. ... but we still did far better than most will do against the best team in the country, the best in Europe, and the team who are World club champions. Credit is due to all the players, even though mistakes were made. Players in all teams make mistakes...

It’s strange that I’m happy even tho we’ve lost 3 games. The reason is we haven’t been blown away by anyone, sure we’ve surrendered possession at times, but you always feel like we’re in it. What’s more encouraging is the fact we still have players to come and the players on the pitch are still in a pre-season mindset tactically at least. We pushed city further than Burnley did.

We will get better, because we have a solid foundation albeit frustrating due to a slow transfer process. The fine margins so far aren’t poor collective team ones like under wilder but individual, an air kick against forest and some sort of contemporary floor routine against Man City.

I know what you mean about hanging on for a point, but I think we probably should have lost by more today: missed pen, Haaland missed sitters (for him), they had 80% possession and 30 shots - 70 minutes in we were still showing ‘zero shots’, ‘zero shots on target’. I think we really ‘should’ have lost by more, and did well not to, working incredibly hard for 60 minutes and doing well in the last 20.

Larouchi was an oddity today for me.
Brilliant and terrible at the same time.
Still think he looks like he's running through custard though.

Some comfort is this could be like a win. Three games in and we are not in bottom 3 mainly because we’ve shipped less goals than other teams. Could prove vital art end of season!
As said elsewhere we are only not in the bottom three because Luton v Burnley was postponed.

However we've only been beaten by one goal.

On the bright side we're the first to score against Citeh this season.

Larouchi was an oddity today for me.
Brilliant and terrible at the same time.
Still think he looks like he's running through custard though.
Agree. Didn't he f*ck it up v Palace but got away with it. Not convinced about him at all tbh.

Brilliant post mate

It was nice having Bramall Lane back. If we can keep that atmosphere up all season I have no doubts we stay up. We'll put the fear into other teams.

We were so much better once McBurnie came on, and we're just gonna keep getting better.
Definitely, I thought we “rattled” (hate the word) some of their players today, looked really frustrated at missed chances and miss controlling the ball - which was up to our fans imo. Does show how a raucous atmosphere can effect games

It‘s a new team trying to gel together. I trust Hecky to sort them.
Agreed, and it's going to take time due to the late recruitment, although I think it's important that we start getting points onboard quickly starting next weekend. So far the spirit is obviously there in abundance, but if we go into the break with zero points and then face in form teams after, we could end up having confidence seriously knocked and losing could become a habit like last time around. The difference between going into this break with a win or a loss for the players to reflect and stew on could be massive, a draw will be a bit of a meh result for both clubs but still better than losing. Of course that's exactly what the Everton management will be thinking and saying.

Back
Top Bottom