Bashambeuer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Weston blade

Reaction score
When Bash returns would you put him in midfield , just to add alittle bit more bite and forward movement, now we have our Uremovic looking a top class defender. Leaving MGW and Berge to do what they do best thoughts fellow blade's 🤔🤔

When Bash returns would you put him in midfield , just to add alittle bit more bite and forward movement, now we have our Uremovic looking a top class defender. Leaving MGW and Berge to do what they do best thoughts fellow blade's 🤔🤔

I'd have Bash in midfield, it'd strengthen it but drop Berge.

No, his best position has been found, Uremovic might be able to do that job in midfield though
Disagree with this. I thought uremovic looked a bit shaky on the ball. I think bmouth targeted him to be honest in the second half and closed him down and he gave it away a bit. Was nice to see Baldock coaching him through it though and chatting to him and telling him where to put it. If anything I’d like to see him in the middle with ideally JOC and bash either side of him if we cash in on Egan in the summer.

I really do think itd be a proper coup if we got Uremovic as he’s got everything a player needs to become a complete legend at United. Morgs reincarnate, but 10 years younger than he was when he was peak morgs.

I said this the other day to someone, Bashams urgency could and aggression could be really useful in midfield. Personally I don't think it is the craziest suggestion.

Seen a lot of comment on Uremovic giving the ball away 2nd half against Bournemouth. From my seat in the South Stand, looked far more to me like he held onto the ball looking for a decent option that never materialised. It was more noticeable as the half went on and on at least a couple of occasions, both Baldock/Berge didn't show quickly enough.

I say that as one of Berge's chief defenders, he didn't do Uremovic any favours in that respect.

Disagree with this. I thought uremovic looked a bit shaky on the ball. I think bmouth targeted him to be honest in the second half and closed him down and he gave it away a bit. Was nice to see Baldock coaching him through it though and chatting to him and telling him where to put it. If anything I’d like to see him in the middle with ideally JOC and bash either side of him if we cash in on Egan in the summer.

I really do think itd be a proper coup if we got Uremovic as he’s got everything a player needs to become a complete legend at United. Morgs reincarnate, but 10 years younger than he was when he was peak morgs.
My comment was a bit half hearted tongue in cheek as basham isn’t a midfielder for me, But you are saying uremovic isn’t capable of doing any job whatsoever in midfield? Based on?

My comment was a bit half hearted tongue in cheek as basham isn’t a midfielder for me, But you are saying uremovic isn’t capable of doing any job whatsoever in midfield? Based on?
Based on what? Based on the absolute tiny sample size of what we’ve seen of him of about 90 minutes of football. I’m literally listening to Bladespod as we speak (46mins) and they’re in agreement. I can only go on what I’ve seen. I also agree with SwindonBladeJnr in the sense that the midfield didn’t show him enough options so it’s hard to judge but we are a bunch of idiots trying to debate with a 90 minute sample size so none of us can definitively say one way or the other. Why can’t he do a midfield job? Well I’m not saying he can’t, but who do you drop for him, and what makes you think he can offer anything going forward based on what you’ve seen?

Have the Leeds players dropped something ?

Great player,underestimated skills wise,seen him do some lovely moves,
Just having him on the bench for options
will be a big plus.

Basham can do a job in midfield. We have evidence of that, because he has in the past. He adds energy and competiveness, but doesn't get the space in the middle of the park to get his runs going as he does at RCB. But it is doing a job 'when' needed. I don't see that there is a job needed doing against Reading. I think we can push Berge further forward, without sacrificing defensively. We looked solid enough with McG and MGW either side of Sharp earlier in the season.

Back
Top Bottom