Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, Basham is now the newly instated ‘worst player in the PL’ and isn’t worthy of any respect at all.
Meanwhile David Luiz drops two almighty bollocks for Arsenal today - but somehow never gets mentioned.

When CBs foul up bad things happen - and ALL CBs are going to foul up at some point.

Yeah - it cost us today. We learn and move onwards and upwards.

Everyone's a privileged arsehole if they think every player (who've given their all for a few years) will have impeccable performances in our first few games in the prem.

Give them a fucking break ffs. Bash made crucial tackles against palace last week. Palace beat Manchester United today. Perspective anyone??

He does look the weakest link. Nothing to do with his drive/tackling but on the ball no where near good enough at this level.
Norwood gave the ball away loads today, 3 time in the space of 2 minutes, OK players in the premiership just can’t run aimlessly across the field, in there own half and lose the ball, Bash will now know that, hopefully he has learn a lesson! and hopefully other will look and learn?

Biggest difference between the Premier league and the Championship is you get punished much more frequently for your mistakes. That being said I don't think he did much else wrong for you other than that
Absolutely Right. Every player will make mistakes but it then comes down are they repeating those mistakes. It's a tad early to be giving up on a player

Worst player so far as been Robinson without a doubt

Robinson works hard but he needs a goal, somebody tap one in for him because he’s clueless in front of goal even when he’s paying attention to the ball he’s not getting on the end of crosses. And today that was shit straight at the keeper..

Drop him.. how he he keeps sharp on the bench mystifies me..

One error and get rid?
Do we cut the same standards for all players? Where do we draw the line?
Striker misses a great chance?
Midfielder fails to track a man?
Keeper handling error?
Nobody has said ‘get rid’ but surely no one can argue he’s the weakest link? The error today costs us 3 points simple as.

If we're not punished I don't think this thread appears.

But fuck me..... fancy going on an aimless foray and giving it away to the most creative player in the league. Who has Vardy running in behind to pass to.

The absolute definition of asking for it.
Correct. But he did and it does appear. Any argument? It’s not just about cutting him slack - it’s a mistake

He's not prem level. A good guy to have as backup or on the bench, but in January, I'd be expecting to see a good replacement come in. Dael Fry from Middlesborough would be my choice. He looks a very good player, but it depends on how much Borough want for him. And, I'd expect other, bigger clubs to be keeping an eye on him. Burnley had 7 million turned down in summer, surely we can beat that offer.

Last edited:

Unfortunately found out he’s not good enough. 3 games in. Early days but a good player doesn’t make that sort of mistake - simple as.

Big lessons to learn in 6 days. Hope he proves me wrong but I hope he’s got the right ideas for January - Chris Basham simply isn’t a premier league RCB.

Absolute nonsense

Biggest difference between the Premier league and the Championship is you get punished much more frequently for your mistakes. That being said I don't think he did much else wrong for you other than that
This

That goal sums it up. Ball given away in centre circle. Pass into vardy is hit early and accurately, Vardy does what vardy does. It is highly unlikey that goal would have been scored last season.

We have to carry on getting better to survive in this league. today was a bit of a wake up call all around on what the standard is

In my opinion there are 3 types of striker, marauding target man (McBurnie), fox in the box (Billy) and the direct on the shoulder “quickie” who can turn and out-run defenders ..............Unfortunately Robbo is non of those.
Would love to be proved wrong though.

Correct. But he did and it does appear. Any argument? It’s not just about cutting him slack - it’s a mistake

Imagine making a thread for every similar mistake? Football is a random game where any mistake like that can lead to a goal but usually doesn't.

I don't just blame Basham for it either because as soon as he steps out his team mates should be giving him options, and none did.

I understand why you'd single out Basham but I wouldn't do it after this game just because the mistake happened to be punished. I think he's more than earned the chance to prove any doubters wrong over a longer run of games, and we don't have great alternatives for RCB. We will be looking at long term replacements though.

Not a criticism!!
Was watching Burnley the other day & couldn't help thinking Matty Lowton has 'Overlapping Centre half' written all over him!!??

He isn’t good enough to be starting week in week out Basham. He’s not intelligent enough.

Did anyone see Robinson go through one on one with keeper and hit it straight at him? Got to score at this level
Sell the cunt!

Preseason I thought Basham would be out of his depth but overall he has been excellent so far.

Basham should have been told by Wilder,not to do forward runs in this game,because he would leave a big open space for Steptoe Pig to play in.

Imagine making a thread for every similar mistake? Football is a random game where any mistake like that can lead to a goal but usually doesn't.

I don't just blame Basham for it either because as soon as he steps out his team mates should be giving him options, and none did.

I understand why you'd single out Basham but I wouldn't do it after this game just because the mistake happened to be punished. I think he's more than earned the chance to prove any doubters wrong over a longer run of games, and we don't have great alternatives for RCB. We will be looking at long term replacements though.
It’s not just off the cuff because of one mistake, as I said I think he’s the weak link of the back 3. I thought it last year and that hasn’t changed - him and Cranie were neck and neck for a start towards the end of the season - Cranie is now playing for Luton and we have no real competition for Basham. Not like for like at least. And I thought that’s a position we needed to strengthen all close season.

I love the bloke, great sub, but no more than that as this level IMO.

I disagree, he isn't prem quality. At least, not as a starter. He's good cover, but he's clearly the weak link. Gotta try and get a replacement in January.
He’s always been the weak link. Cranie was preferred to him in a few games last year. I don’t understand why some are acting like this is some sort of outlandish suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom