Baffling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CPB

Reaction score
Don't think I've ever known anything like it.

I genuinely think that the Prince thinks that owning a club is like playing football manager.
But he's being negligent even if it's not really on purpose.

I'm sure we will sign some players in the coming weeks and I really hope they are improvements to the squad and not punts/development signings like Traore, Slimane etc. (Although I hope they do well just can't say with confidence yet).

Selling Berge to Burnley is not a wise move, Forest want to sell O'Brien but won't sell to us cheaply because they don't want us to strengthen.
You have to ask as well why Sander is keen to move? It's fair to say they are looking far more likely to stay up but it's not a given for them either. I think we all expected a bigger club/move for him so why now and why Burnley.
They may well offer more money and may also not insert a relegation wage reduction clause?

But you wonder if not only that, Burnley along with Luton have a bit more ambition and vision for their club to sell players. What is our aim other than try to survive on a ever tougher ask given the outgoings. When we came up under Wilder we were riding a wave, the players we signed wanted to buy into story and the progress.

And lastly do the Prince/board think about the squad mentality.
These lads are part of a team, N'Diaye was a popular lad as was Berge. Sharp's dressing room influence alone would have been extremely useful right now.
Hecky alluded that the place was flat when the staff and players heard the N'Diaye news. This will be another kick in the teeth, especially when they see he's off to Burnley.
The players aren't exactly oblivious to what the fans are thinking too. They will hear our concerns before Saturday. They may even share them.

How does that make the likes of Anel think? If his agent is having offers presented he might want to push for a move too.
We also have many other players out of contract in 12 months. By the Prince's interview he's more or less stated that any that don't want new deals we would rather sell now.

It's totally baffling, and it is not striking me as an owner who is "best we've ever had".
More most fortunate we've ever had given Wilder and Hecky's accomplishments.

Motivation is key. New signings will give the club a lift. They need to start rolling in now.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Berge can tell the Blades are a sinking ship. I expect we will see some of other top players jump ship too, before their reputation is forever shattered by beating Derby's record.

And if Berge (who cost us £20 million) left for free next summer rather than us getting some money for him before it's too late what then? People start bashing the club for letting him leave for free instead of getting some money for him when we had the chance. Not to mention our big spending a few years ago put us in financial trouble that we only recently managed to get out off.

Motivation is key. New signings will give the club a lift. They need to start rolling in now.
I think it's going to be a case of too little too late, regardless of what happens from here. We were already going into this season with the lowest or second lowest budget but we might have had a chance to squeeze over the line with a close-knit squad and a well established pattern of play.

Starting from 5/6 points behind (once we've got a team that has even a vague chance of being competitive) and a group of players who've never played together before kills us before we've even started.

And if Berge (who cost us £20 million) left for free next summer rather than us getting some money for him before it's too late what then? People start bashing the club for letting him leave for free instead of getting some money for him when we had the chance. Not to mention our big spending a few years ago put us in financial trouble that we only recently managed to get out off.

I was thinking about the "big spending" earlier.

When you consider we got money back for Ramsdale, was it really overspending alot for two years plus parachute payments these days?

Prem clubs seem to spend the best part of 100m per year to stay there.

When you consider we got money back for Ramsdale, was it really overspending alot for two years plus parachute payments these days?

Fair enough, I only mentioned the big spending because it played a part in why we have spent so little since we got relegated and how we ended up in the embargo for late transfer payments.

It doesn't matter how much he cost us. You pay money to have players play for you first and foremost, not as assets to flip.

We need human bodies that are good at football to play for our club in the toughest league on earth. We need Berge, fuck the money.

You make a fair point but whose fault is it that Berge (and Ndiaye) were allowed to get into the last 12 months of his contract without a new deal?
If you thought our last season in the EPL was a nightmare just watch what happens over the next 10 months!
An original £20m budget for transfers was a joke and I’m not holding mg breath for it to be bolstered with the Ndiaye fee.
I’ll be delighted if my pessimism proves unfounded but I’ve supported this club for nearly 70 years and I’ve learned to look on the worst side. It tempers the disappointment.

It doesn't matter how much he cost us. You pay money to have players play for you first and foremost, not as assets to flip.

We need human bodies that are good at football to play for our club in the toughest league on earth. We need Berge, fuck the money.
I get that, but (and this is just my opinion not fact) losing players for free after paying big money (at least in our terms) is what can lead to possible problems with finances later down the line, other than Ndiaye, our last major sale was Ramsdale.

Fair enough, I only mentioned the big spending because it played a part in why we have spent so little since we got relegated and how we ended up in the embargo for late transfer payments.
I don't mean you saying it particularly but noises from the club have pointed to us having apparent money worries.

I don't mean you saying it particularly but noises from the club have pointed to us having apparent money worries.
Fair enough, I read the reply a little bit wrong and thought you meant something slightly different, my bad.

If we having Berge here helps attract players and we stay up its then been a brilliant move
On the other hand if we get rid of the other decent player 5 days before the season kicks off and sell him to a rival ?

Yep definitely building a squad for the Championship next season !!

If we having Berge here helps attract players and we stay up its then been a brilliant move
On the other hand if we get rid of the other decent player 5 days before the season kicks off and sell him to a rival ?
Fair point, but if he goes he goes and we have to move on as a club.

Does it make us weaker? Yes but he is replaceable.

I don't like the fact that we've sold either him or Ndiaye but I'm glad that we are getting some money for them at least.

Don't think I've ever known anything like it.

I genuinely think that the Prince thinks that owning a club is like playing football manager.
But he's being negligent even if it's not really on purpose.

I'm sure we will sign some players in the coming weeks and I really hope they are improvements to the squad and not punts/development signings like Traore, Slimane etc. (Although I hope they do well just can't say with confidence yet).

Selling Berge to Burnley is not a wise move, Forest want to sell O'Brien but won't sell to us cheaply because they don't want us to strengthen.
You have to ask as well why Sander is keen to move? It's fair to say they are looking far more likely to stay up but it's not a given for them either. I think we all expected a bigger club/move for him so why now and why Burnley.
They may well offer more money and may also not insert a relegation wage reduction clause?

But you wonder if not only that, Burnley along with Luton have a bit more ambition and vision for their club to sell players. What is our aim other than try to survive on a ever tougher ask given the outgoings. When we came up under Wilder we were riding a wave, the players we signed wanted to buy into story and the progress.

And lastly do the Prince/board think about the squad mentality.
These lads are part of a team, N'Diaye was a popular lad as was Berge. Sharp's dressing room influence alone would have been extremely useful right now.
Hecky alluded that the place was flat when the staff and players heard the N'Diaye news. This will be another kick in the teeth, especially when they see he's off to Burnley.
The players aren't exactly oblivious to what the fans are thinking too. They will hear our concerns before Saturday. They may even share them.

How does that make the likes of Anel think? If his agent is having offers presented he might want to push for a move too.
We also have many other players out of contract in 12 months. By the Prince's interview he's more or less stated that any that don't want new deals we would rather sell now.

It's totally baffling, and it is not striking me as an owner who is "best we've ever had".
More most fortunate we've ever had given Wilder and Hecky's accomplishments.
If Burnley get the deal over the line it will be their 10th signing.

Agree x100000000.

It's becoming the stuff of legend that spending.

Fair point, but if he goes he goes and we have to move on as a club.

Does it make us weaker? Yes but he is replaceable.

I don't like the fact that we've sold either him or Ndiaye but I'm glad that we are getting some money for them at least.

Replaceable? He's our best midfielder by a country mile, and having him on the books frankly makes us a more attractive proposition as a club.

How are we going to replace him, exactly?

We'll buy replacements, but they won't come close to his level of ability. 12 million should frankly be peanuts. It's what you pay for an average premier midfielder, so I'd have just kept him.

Replaceable? He's our best midfielder by a country mile, and having him on the books frankly makes us a more attractive proposition as a club.

We'll buy replacements, but they won't come close to his level of ability. 12 million should frankly be peanuts. It's what you pay for an average premier midfielder, so I'd have just kept him.

I too believe that Berge is replaceable, but due to huge inconsistency.

When he's having one of his better games he is unplayable. He glides past players and they can't get near him.......

The problem being that he will have 2-3 games at top form, then it all drops off!... His form literally comes in short bursts.

I feel this being the only reason that we have kept him so long.

Best player your having a 😂 1 good game in 4 doesn't cut it,and if you think so,how come NO other BIG CLUBS scouts/Managers have come kicking heckies door in,Because he's bang average, goes missing,is lazy,and Nesh,that's why! 12 million yes please

Best midfielder. Sorry pal, who you got over him? Have you actually seen the state of our midfield?

Back
Top Bottom