bad managers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The problem is, we always seem to want to give managers "a chance". It's like the board think it's all random as to who does well and who doesn't. How about next time, hire someone who has a proven record of doing well. Not just for 1 season. Not just "well he did well before he got the sack". But someone who has consistently done well. Even if it's at non-league level. I'd rather have a guy who has had 5 or 6 good years non-league, consistently improved the team etc, than someone like Robson who has proven at every turn that he doesn't have a fecking clue how to be a manager.

Two points. 1) Weir's appointment was celebrated by most fans on this site and 2) the consensus at the time was that the decision was made by a panel of football people. Sometimes shit happens, it doesn't always have to be McCabe's fault.

1) Weir was celebrated on here after every man and his dog had turned us down. At the time, the other choices seemed to be Wally Downes or Robert Page. Even now, I'd keep Weir any day if those were our only other options!
2) McCabe/panel/board/whoever pretty much equals the same thing. "we" hire the managers and theyre never any good.

The problem is, we always seem to want to give managers "a chance". It's like the board think it's all random as to who does well and who doesn't. How about next time, hire someone who has a proven record of doing well. Not just for 1 season. Not just "well he did well before he got the sack". But someone who has consistently done well. Even if it's at non-league level. I'd rather have a guy who has had 5 or 6 good years non-league, consistently improved the team etc, than someone like Robson who has proven at every turn that he doesn't have a fecking clue how to be a manager.

How many managers with a 5/6 year record are there out there? The nature of the job is that most of them have 2 or 3 good years at most then fuck up and get sacked.

How many managers with a 5/6 year record are there out there? The nature of the job is that most of them have 2 or 3 good years at most then fuck up and get sacked.

I don't know. I'm not a football club chairman. But i'd hire Mr Magoo ahead of Robson, Adams, Wilson or Weir. What proven track record did any of those have? Adams had a few good months, Weir never managed before, Wilson never had more than 1 decent season then the sack, Robson couldn't manage a toilet roll dispenser.

The 5 or 6 years was aimed at low profile non-league managers. IF we can't get an experienced manager who has had a decent amount of success, like Gus Poyet or Russell Slade, then i'd rather go with someone who has managed at non-league level for 5 or 6 years but has consistently done well. I can't give any names, cos i know nothing whatsoever about non-league football. Give it 2 or 3 years, i may know more...

Back
Top Bottom