Away matches on Saturday at 3pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd have a season ticket if games were at 15:00 on Saturday (or the traditional midweek slot). Pisses me right off how stuff is continuously rescheduled for TV.

Yes, they would, because they'd just sell the fuckers
Not for one hour on Tuesday to those with 60,000 + points, One hour on Wednesday to those with 50,000 points, One hour on Thursday to those with 40,000 points and then put them on general sale 12 hours before kick off
They sell them through a loyalty scheme pretty much the same levels as ours can sell out, so the first phase doesnt/can't sell out( yes we fucked up with wrexham and Rotherham on that front, hence the 65k now). The 2nd phase it can sell out and yes we have well over 3k who can buy in that 2nd phase we just never have the demand, they have extremely big demand for all there away games wherever and whenever it is hence why they sell out literally every single game and very quickly too. Our general sale comes like 5 days after the first phase of sales and it still never sells out on the first day of general sale. Everyone can actually go with who they want, all tickets together for 90% of our games this season.

They sell them through a loyalty scheme pretty much the same levels as ours can sell out, so the first phase doesnt/can't sell out( yes we fucked up with wrexham and Rotherham on that front, hence the 65k now). The 2nd phase it can sell out and yes we have well over 3k who can buy in that 2nd phase we just never have the demand, they have extremely big demand for all there away games wherever and whenever it is hence why they sell out literally every single game and very quickly too. Our general sale comes like 5 days after the first phase of sales and it still never sells out on the first day of general sale. Everyone can actually go with who they want, all tickets together for 90% of our games this season.
Its not the same as ours though, more of them are able to buy tickets immediately giving everyone the chance to make plans.

Our demand for away games was bigger when only half as many were going to home games, so they've screwed up somewhere.

I've said many times that I agree with a loyalty points system, but it is very badly administered by a ticket office staff that don't give a fuck, maybe selling less creates less work.

We should have a starting point of 20,000 points at which to start selling, and I bet more would be sold if we did. It seems our biggest loyalty points holders are people who have had season tickets for 16 years but don't bother so much with away games, meaning ticket backlogs occur and those lower down the loyalty points list don't get the time to make plans

Its not the same as ours though, more of them are able to buy tickets immediately giving everyone the chance to make plans.

Our demand for away games was bigger when only half as many were going to home games, so they've screwed up somewhere.

I've said many times that I agree with a loyalty points system, but it is very badly administered by a ticket office staff that don't give a fuck, maybe selling less creates less work.

We should have a starting point of 20,000 points at which to start selling, and I bet more would be sold if we did. It seems our biggest loyalty points holders are people who have had season tickets for 16 years but don't bother so much with away games, meaning ticket backlogs occur and those lower down the loyalty points list don't get the time to make plans
I agree with there system more than ours as its fairer to the fan that is going at the current time, I just don't feel it would make a difference with us, a big demand is rarely there . Obviously I don't know unless it happens.

We should have a starting point of 20,000 points at which to start selling,

You talk bollocks
If you are going to do that there is no point having a loyalty point system
Lets just all go up and queue up outside the Lane

You talk bollocks
Well how come our away attendances were bigger in the past when we were a shit Third Division club getting less than half the attendances we were getting at home?

Stands to reason that a club that doubles its average attendance at home would have a reasonable amount of those that want to go away as well

20,000 is a good starting point
Nobody has to queue up outside the ticket office

It seems that most of our 50,000 - 60,000 loyalty points holders are mainly home only fans, otherwise why would they end up on general sale?

And even fucking stupider, loyalty points for games at Wembley for a play off final!!!!!
What a load of bollocks, 45,000 tickets divided by 28,000 fans, and by the time club magnificent has finished fucking about it's the morning of the match and they're trying to shift the last couple of thousand tickets, which of course, they don't do.

Last edited:

As far as my experience goes, ticket office staff are very helpful. Not sure why you are slagging them off.

To me it sounds a lot like you and your mates are all around 20k points and you’d like to get your tickets earlier. I am also around 25k points, would like to be able to make plans earlier, but accept that I’ve not been going home and away as long as other people. If I had, I’d have the points to prove it.

As far as my experience goes, ticket office staff are very helpful. Not sure why you are slagging them off.

To me it sounds a lot like you and your mates are all around 20k points and you’d like to get your tickets earlier. I am also around 25k points, would like to be able to make plans earlier, but accept that I’ve not been going home and away as long as other people. If I had, I’d have the points to prove it.
I don't get his argument regarding that this season. Anyone on over 5k loyalty points could have got a ticket for every single away game in all competitions apart from Rotherham, Luton and Wrexham. That's hardly stopping people's plans.

And anyone with 0 loyalty points or more could've got one too for the rest apart from Hull.

I don't care personally, I will never set foot in an away stadium again.

Did that for years and have no interest anymore.

My main query is why when a club doubles its home support over a period of 15-16 years has its away support fallen?

It isn't a surprise that this has coincided with our loyalty points system being introduced

The fact that certain people cannot look logically at this situation without abusing me or anyone else that mentions it says more about them than me.

If the 40,000, 50,000 and 60,000 loyalty points holders aren't buying them, (and they obviously aren't) start at a lower level

I don't care personally, I will never set foot in an away stadium again.

Did that for years and have no interest anymore.

My main query is why when a club doubles its home support over a period of 15-16 years has its away support fallen?

It isn't a surprise that this has coincided with our loyalty points system being introduced

The fact that certain people cannot look logically at this situation without abusing me or anyone else that mentions it says more about them than me.

If the 40,000, 50,000 and 60,000 loyalty points holders aren't buying them, (and they obviously aren't) start at a lower level
The away support certainly hasn't fallen in the same period the home support has doubled, the away support has probably not far off doubled too. However it has fallen a hell of a lot this season compared to the previous few. Numbers not so much as eventually quite a few get sold but demand has massively.

Well how come our away attendances were bigger in the past when we were a shit Third Division club getting less than half the attendances we were getting at home?
Probably 3 x 3pm kos on a Saturday this season doesnt help also there is a cost of living crisis

Stands to reason that a club that doubles its average attendance at home would have a reasonable amount of those that want to go away as well
Football has changed since the good old days

20,000 is a good starting point
Nobody has to queue up outside the ticket office
No it isnt a good starting point 55k v Rotherham wasnt a good starting point
What is the rush to sell tickets out within a couple of hours
The present system allows people to get tickets when its convenient not everybody can get on the internet at 9am on a Monday morning
It seems that most of our 50,000 - 60,000 loyalty points holders are mainly home only fans, otherwise why would they end up on general sale?
Most people I know who go away have over 60k loyalty points
What is wrong with General Sale surely that is a good thing
And even fucking stupider, loyalty points for games at Wembley for a play off final!!!!!
What a load of bollocks, 45,000 tickets divided by 28,000 fans, and by the time club magnificent has finished fucking about it's the morning of the match and they're trying to shift the last couple of thousand tickets, which of course, they don't do.
Cant remember a play off final we havent sold out for

Probably 3 x 3pm kos on a Saturday this season doesnt help also there is a cost of living crisis

The present system allows people to get tickets when its convenient not everybody can get on the internet at 9am on a Monday morning

Selling out only means selling out the initial allocation we're given in many cases.
Just like the play off finals are always sold out, sold out of tickets given, or asked for, however the central section is three quarters empty whenever we've been to Wembley but not when other clubs are there.

For the play off final against Burnley, 1500 extra tickets arrived at Bramall Lane on the morning of the game, needless to say, they weren't sold.

You talk bollocks
I've got 65000 points but I think the system is flawed it takes too long to sell all tkts,I would be happy for them to sell to season tkt holders first then general sales,it might give some chance to catch up and get to more games

I've got 65000 points but I think the system is flawed it takes too long to sell all tkts,I would be happy for them to sell to season tkt holders first then general sales,it might give some chance to catch up and get to more games

Why they don't just have a 2-3 day window for whoever wants a ticket(s) to put in an application, then sort by loyalty points and done, is completely beyond me

Im not sure We have ever even ever sold out a playoff final. Palace we took about 26k there was tonnes of empty seats, wolves we weren't far off but seemed loads on the two tiered stand to the side , Burnley didn't sell out and Huddersfield well, we managed less than 30k.

Im not sure We have ever even ever sold out a playoff final. Palace we took about 26k there was tonnes of empty seats, wolves we weren't far off but seemed loads on the two tiered stand to the side , Burnley didn't sell out and Huddersfield well, we managed less than 30k.
🤯🤯🤯

The loyalty points system has its use for games like Rotherham away or where tickets are limited but I don’t think we have to stick to the process for every game.

I agree with JJ Blade. Is it really necessary to put tickets on sale on a Monday morning then open it up Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, etc for the next of qualifiers.

Open up for season ticket holders 2-3 days then get them on general sale.

This way it’s easier for people to buy seats together and I think we can all acknowledge that’s a problem. How many posts on here do we see along the lines of “ I can buy mine today but my son does t qualify until tomorrow afternoon”.

The current system is too staggered and too slow

The loyalty points system has its use for games like Rotherham away or where tickets are limited but I don’t think we have to stick to the process for every game.

I agree with JJ Blade. Is it really necessary to put tickets on sale on a Monday morning then open it up Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, etc for the next of qualifiers.

Open up for season ticket holders 2-3 days then get them on general sale.

This way it’s easier for people to buy seats together and I think we can all acknowledge that’s a problem. How many posts on here do we see along the lines of “ I can buy mine today but my son does t qualify until tomorrow afternoon”.

The current system is too staggered and too slow

Phone up at 9am because the website has crashed, "you are caller number 1,693"

Well how come our away attendances were bigger in the past when we were a shit Third Division club
Bigger allocations.
Yes this sounds weird, but Wednesday are getting bigger away allocations at poxy grounds than we are in the Championship. I remember going to Bury and having 3 sides to the ground. Teams in the Championship generally have more home fans in the ground so don't need to offer big away allocations. Sunderland gave us less than 2K in a >40K seater stadium - why?

Most games in League 1 are 3pm on a Saturday too. That helps to plan way in advance.

I put this in the Wednesday thread, but seeing as this is an away match thread, i'll repost in here...

Here's a list of United's allocations this season:
  1. Norwich 2K
  2. Burnley 2.3K
  3. Sunderland 1.9K
  4. Reading 1.6K
  5. Blackburn 4K
  6. QPR 1.6K
  7. Cardiff 2.8K
  8. Brsitol C 1.5K
  9. WBA 2K
  10. Stoke 2.6K
  11. Swansea 1.9K
  12. Hull 2K
  13. Luton 1K
  14. Boro 2.3K
  15. Blackpool 3K
  16. Watford 1.6K
  17. Millwall 1.9K
  18. Rotherham 2.2K
I couldn't find Coventry, Wigan and Preston - if anybody has them?

Huds and Birmingham not announced yet.

So those 18 grounds totals 38.2K. Split that 18 ways and the AVG allocation is 2.12K.

Back in January, our reported average was 2,002:

Wednesday have had these allocations in League 1 this season:
-Barnsley 5.5K
-Charlton 3K
-P.Vale 3.8K
-Bolton 5K
-Peterboro 3.7K
-MK Dons 6.5K
-They also got 2-stands at Wycombe

Last edited:
Bigger allocations.
Yes this sounds weird, but Wednesday are getting bigger away allocations at poxy grounds than we are in the Championship. I remember going to Bury and having 3 sides to the ground. Teams in the Championship generally have more home fans in the ground so don't need to offer big away allocations. Sunderland gave us less than 2K in a >40K seater stadium - why?

Most games in League 1 are 3pm on a Saturday too. That helps to plan way in advance.

I put this in the Wednesday thread, but seeing as this is an away match thread, i'll repost in here...

1. Norwich 2K
  2. Burnley 2.3K
  3. Sunderland 1.9K
  4. Reading 1.6K
  5. Blackburn 4K
  6. QPR 1.6K
  7. Cardiff 2.8K
  8. Brsitol C 1.5K
  9. WBA 2K
  10. Stoke 2.6K
  11. Swansea 1.9K
  12. Hull 2K
  13. Luton 1K
  14. Boro 2.3K
  15. Blackpool 3K
  16. Watford 1.6K
  17. Millwall 1.9K
  18. Rotherham 2.2K

So those 18 grounds totals 38.2K. Split that 18 ways and the AVG allocation is 2.12K.

-Barnsley 5.5K
-Charlton 3K
-P.Vale 3.8K
-Bolton 5K
-Peterboro 3.7K
-MK Dons 6.5K

Them allocations are dreadful. No chance of hitting over 2.5k average.

Bigger allocations.

1. Norwich 2K
  2. Burnley 2.3K
  3. Sunderland 1.9K
  4. Reading 1.6K
  5. Blackburn 4K
  6. QPR 1.6K
  7. Cardiff 2.8K
  8. Brsitol C 1.5K
  9. WBA 2K
  10. Stoke 2.6K
  11. Swansea 1.9K
  12. Hull 2K
  13. Luton 1K
  14. Boro 2.3K
  15. Blackpool 3K
  16. Watford 1.6K
  17. Millwall 1.9K
  18. Rotherham 2.2K

-Barnsley 5.5K
-Charlton 3K
-P.Vale 3.8K
-Bolton 5K
-Peterboro 3.7K
-MK Dons 6.5K

Think Preston normally give about 5k to away teams, so if you’ve played Preston away but not Luton halfway through the season, your average is going to be significantly higher than if the other way around.

Bigger allocations.

1. Norwich 2K
  2. Burnley 2.3K
  3. Sunderland 1.9K
  4. Reading 1.6K
  5. Blackburn 4K
  6. QPR 1.6K
  7. Cardiff 2.8K
  8. Brsitol C 1.5K
  9. WBA 2K
  10. Stoke 2.6K
  11. Swansea 1.9K
  12. Hull 2K
  13. Luton 1K
  14. Boro 2.3K
  15. Blackpool 3K
  16. Watford 1.6K
  17. Millwall 1.9K
  18. Rotherham 2.2K

-Barnsley 5.5K
-Charlton 3K
-P.Vale 3.8K
-Bolton 5K
-Peterboro 3.7K
-MK Dons 6.5K

Preston 5.5k
Wigan 4.5k
Coventry 4k

The demand hasn't been there at all this season , the fact we will have only played 4 out of 23 away games at 3pm on a saturday has to have some effect but out of those 20 away games played so far, only 3 didn't make general sale. Luton,Hull and Rotherham. A further 5 sold out after general sale. So we're gonna sell out 10 of our 23. In a cracking season too, I'd guess Sunderland will be double that and the same with Wednesday if we're comparing to them of which these days there's not even a comparison, they could take double what we do everywhere.

Preston 5.5k
Wigan 4.5k
Coventry 4k

The demand hasn't been there at all this season , the fact we will have only played 4 out of 23 away games at 3pm on a saturday has to have some effect but out of those 20 away games played so far, only 3 didn't make general sale. Luton,Hull and Rotherham. A further 5 sold out after general sale. So we're gonna sell out 10 of our 23. In a cracking season too, I'd guess Sunderland will be double that and the same with Wednesday if we're comparing to them of which these days there's not even a comparison, they could take double what we do everywhere.
Norwich, Huddersfield and Birmingham sell outs which is 11.

Wednesday have a good away support yes but imagine how much they pay? Burton away is £22.

Back
Top Bottom