Ashley Westwood - Crewe Midfielder - 20

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Just picked this up, apparently we're linked with this lad.

Anyone know anything about him? It says "combative" which we have plenty of.

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s710/st163611.htm

For the clickless....

Westwood Could Leave In January

Ashlley WestwoodBy Michael Rowland
October 25 2010
Midfield star could leave in transfer window Talented midfielder Ashley Westwoood is thought to be attracting interest from a host of Championship Clubs. Scouts from Leeds United, Watford, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are all tracking the 20 year old.

Westwood broke into the first team last season with some combative displays and is now an integral part of the Alex side.

Westwood could command a fee of around £750'000 although Crewe boss Dario Gradi will be keen to keep hold of the Academy graduate.

Westwood, a life time Alex fan, may be reluctant to leave Gresty Road and has been quoted as "becoming an Alex legend" as his ultimate footballing ambition

<<<Scouts from Leeds United, Watford, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are all tracking the 20 year old.>>>>

That is us out of it then.

I wonder if Speed can attract players because of who he is....

It would be nice to think so and I hope he can, but seems we have a 'weaker' cheque book.

I guess then, that on the upside of that it means that players that come to us will come because they want to play football and not for money - which I'm happy about :)

guess then, that on the upside of that it means that players that come to us will come because they want to play football and not for money

More accurately, many of the players who come to us aren't good enough to earn better money and aren't good enough to play in teams chasing for promotion. This describes the bulk of our signings in the last 2 years.

Thank you, you do a better pr job than the spinners at BDTBL.

guess then, that on the upside of that it means that players that come to us will come because they want to play football and not for money

More accurately, many of the players who come to us aren't good enough to earn better money and aren't good enough to play in teams chasing for promotion. This describes the bulk of our signings in the last 2 years.

I'm just trying to convince myself that its a good thing.... then Revolution went and spoilt it! :)

Of course, if you were TAT, you could have gone with Tim instead.

Back
Top Bottom