As we stand

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paulus

Reaction score
Current squad in last days of Transfer window

For my own benefit I’ve tried sorting out what our squad looks like as we stand as I admit I haven’t got a handle on it with all the summer changes so this is what I came up with and I wondered how others see things.

Y=Youth. C= Championship at best, U= Untested, I= Injury prone or having sustained a significant injury, P= Premiership standard

Youth also overlaps with untested but it seems unnecessary to include both against a player so generally I’ve used U to mark up players we’ve brought in for whom this is a step up. Premiership standard means an experienced player, without a history of significant injury who should be able to perform in a PL match without generally looking out of depth. Championship at best is generally for established players who for whatever reason, age, physicality or lack of ability I don’t think will cut it in the PL this season

GK

Davies U

Wes P

Amissah Y

Defenders

Baldock P

Basham C

Egan P

Lowe C,I

Ahmedhodzic P

Robinson C

Bogle I

RND I,U

Larouci Y

Trusty U

Seriki Y

Midfield

Fleck I,C

Norwood P

Coulibaly U,I

Osborn C

Brooks Y

Slimane U

Souza P

Hamer U

Davies P

Forwards

Brewster U,I

McBurnie C,U,I

Osula Y

Jebbison Y

Marsh Y

Traore Y,U

Hackford Y

So, we have 7 guys I think should be comfortable playing PL this season.

We have 9 who may be good enough but we just don’t know yet. Typically, some of these might make it but very unlikely all will. I think Davies should be OK as backup GK. I’m very hopeful with Trusty,Slimane,and Hamer. RND is now a big worry, prior to injury he was really starting to look promising I hope to hell we have some positive news soon. As we stand I’m struggling to see Coulibaly, McBurnie, Traore or Brewster making much of an impact Traore has youth on his side but from the matches so far he has lots of development needed.

The Championship guys are there as backup and in my mind to bring some degree of continuity to the squad, the spirit, traditions and relationships in the dressing room seem to be very good and the last thing we need to do now is lose this now. As we know key men have left and these guys have to fill that gap.

Youth represents hope and the future but the PL is a fearful place for kids to be learning their trade, we know they’ll make mistakes, are they good enough and resilient enough to grow into a role, time will tell.

What should we do in the remainder of the transfer window? I think we need another midfielder despite the recent signings, I would love to see Doyle return, McAtee would be great as well but I won’t be greedy and Doyle strikes me as more attainable and a better bet for the type of season we are likely to have. We desperately need at least one striker with experience and the ability to make an impact in attack, I haven’t a clue how we get a player like that working on our budget, Pellistri and Origi are in the rumours and quite frankly if they came off I’d be over the moon and pretty optimistic, it would also allow us to loan out at least a couple of he young strikers which is what needs to happen.

As we stand at the moment we all know we have one of the weakest/unproven squads in the league and It’ll be a bit of a miracle to finish 17th but I’m actually feeling positive, we always do better as underdogs, I bloody love it! It’s simple really GET BEHIND THE TEAM absolutely no room for negativity during any match.

Adam Davis, championship back up at best, Wes PL backup with the possibility he can step up, I think he will.

100% on getting behind the team on the day, they don’t pick themselves and need all the help we can give them this season.

I can’t stand McBurnie, I think he’s a wanker, but when he’s on the pitch I’m screaming my lungs out 🎵He’s our striker, he’s our number 9 🎵, because I want the Blades to win and calling him a wanker pitch side isn’t helping is it.

I would put a provisional P next to Hamer and maybe a small P next to McBurnie - if he can get and stay fit. Him and Brewster must be gutted to be injured at the perfect time for them to grab a hold of a starting spot. Got high hopes for Trusty.

Back
Top Bottom