As much as we are all...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CPB

Reaction score
.... Effed off, disappointed and concerned it does us no good to bash em all. Management and players.

Draw a line and go again.

Honestly wonder about the mental state of 90% of our fan base sometimes!

As it stands right now we are still in with the chance. Yeah we have let slip again and it's become far too common hasn't it. We all know this but rather than throw in the towel let's at least try to fight!?

And whilst I'm not living with blind hope I just think that whilst it's possible it's down to all concerned to come out and change the current narrative.

We need to see some fight, tempo and quality up at Sunderland and for the rest of the season.

Starting with the manager and selections I'd be up for seeing 4 at the back or a more obvious change in just swapping some starters.

Baldock has gotta be in for me, Doyle and or Macatee too. And I wouldn't be totally averse potentially to see Robinson at LWB either with Clark or Basham coming in.
We have no other option right now aside from Lowe and feel both our usual wing backs have been poor of late.

Things can twist and change yet. Fully expecting Boro to beat Stoke on Tues but they are in decent form themselves.

Isnt one of our mottos strength through adversity? We could all do with a bit of that!

I’m been saying almost exactly the same thing for a couple of weeks now.
My 4 at the back would be:
Baldock Anel Egan Robbo
It’s solid and full of players with fight.

It also means we can then play:
Berge Norwood Doyle
McAtee Ndiaye
McB

That would give any Championship defence serious problems!

⚔️

I’m been saying almost exactly the same thing for a couple of weeks now.
My 4 at the back would be:
Baldock Anel Egan Robbo
It’s solid and full of players with fight.

It also means we can then play:
Berge Norwood Doyle
McAtee Ndiaye
McB

That would give any Championship defence serious problems!

⚔️
It does look good on paper.
Certainly going forward, alot of runners for teams to think about. Would probably suit sharp really well too for subbing on in a game for Mcburnie.

Suppose only thing is bench depth is down. And can they all play twice a week?

I'd wanna see us include Coulibaly on the bench or Brooks etc. In case we need to change things.

.... Effed off, disappointed and concerned it does us no good to bash em all. Management and players.

As it stands right now we are still in with the chance. Yeah we have let slip again and it's become far too common hasn't it. We all know this but rather than throw in the towel let's at least try to fight!?

And whilst I'm not living with blind hope I just think that whilst it's possible it's down to all concerned to come out and change the current narrative.

We need to see some fight, tempo and quality up at Sunderland and for the rest of the season.

Starting with the manager and selections I'd be up for seeing 4 at the back or a more obvious change in just swapping some starters.

Baldock has gotta be in for me, Doyle and or Macatee too. And I wouldn't be totally averse potentially to see Robinson at LWB either with Clark or Basham coming in.
We have no other option right now aside from Lowe and feel both our usual wing backs have been poor of late.

Things can twist and change yet. Fully expecting Boro to beat Stoke on Tues but they are in decent form themselves.

Isnt one of our mottos strength through adversity? We could all do with a bit of that!
What are we supposed to do, we can all clearly see right from the outset that hecky has no bottle at all, continually playing berge(aka Elliot Ness) fleck in the midfield over mcatee or Doyle do me a favour, and scared to change things early doors for what I can only assume through fear.of.upsetting one or two of the players, he has the luxury of managing this team which has undoubted talent for this league, however he has become clueless and can't deal with the pressure and for all the good he has done(albeit fortuitously),.he is becoming or will become one of our biggest disasters

We need another positive 3 point swing, like the Watford game

But looking at the next 3 games I don't see where that's going to come. One crumb is that Sunderland play today so will be less fresh for Wednesday night

Agree about Baldock - how could anybody not? That the manager hasn't spotted how woefully out of form Bogle (and Lowe) is says it all about his ability

I also agree about a back 4. There's a TV advert now with the guy with the curtains hairstyle..... "just because it was good once doesn't mean you have to keep it forever" ! That's us now with the back 3. I no longer see how it's benefiting us

If we change nothing now, we're fucked. Will he be brave enough to change anything and risk success? Of course not. But for what it's worth I'd be going with this now...

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan/Clark Robinson
Norwood Doyle
Berge/Bogle Ndiaye McAtee
McBurnie

What are we supposed to do, we can all clearly see right from the outset that hecky has no bottle at all, continually playing berge(aka Elliot Ness) fleck in the midfield over mcatee or Doyle do me a favour, and scared to change things early doors for what I can only assume through fear.of.upsetting one or two of the players, he has the luxury of managing this team which has undoubted talent for this league, however he has become clueless and can't deal with the pressure and for all the good he has done(albeit fortuitously),.he is becoming or will become one of our biggest disasters
I'm saying don't just go on berate everyone and don't just sack it all in yet.

So many are acting like it's all over but it isn't. Yeah the trends worrying. Yeah yesterday was dire. But right at this very minute we are still 2nd. Might not be come 5pm next sat but right now we are.

So what good does bashing the lads and saying were done for achieve?

As a side note, and this goes against the grain. But out of our starting midfield yesterday thought Berge looked the better of them. Fleck had no composure and Norwood was below par again.

It does look good on paper.
Certainly going forward, alot of runners for teams to think about. Would probably suit sharp really well too for subbing on in a game for Mcburnie.

Suppose only thing is bench depth is down. And can they all play twice a week?

I'd wanna see us include Coulibaly on the bench or Brooks etc. In case we need to change things.
I’d like to see Brooks and Coulibaly making the squad also. And yes, Sharp (or Jebbo/Osula) from the bench.
As for the bench, it could look something like this:
Davies, Clark, Osborn, Bogle, Coulibaly, Brooks, Sharp, Jebbo
Plenty of options there.

And yes I think the players can manage 2 games a week. Of course cross those potential bridges as and when we come to them! 👍

He’s far too ‘safe’ to start changing formation now.

I'm saying don't just go on berate everyone and don't just sack it all in yet.

So many are acting like it's all over but it isn't. Yeah the trends worrying. Yeah yesterday was dire. But right at this very minute we are still 2nd. Might not be come 5pm next sat but right now we are.

So what good does bashing the lads and saying were done for achieve?

As a side note, and this goes against the grain. But out of our starting midfield yesterday thought Berge looked the better of them. Fleck had no composure and Norwood was below par again.
The problem is nothing is going to change, hecky, on Wednesday will role out the same players, and uninspiring tactics

At least its not just us feeling like this. Historically we just seem to take failure on the cusp of success (at the highest level) to the next stage. I can't get angry or upset at any blade who sits either side of the clapper/bed wetter fence. It's a subjective reaction to a given set of circumstances and just like any relationship isn't very rationale. I've been coming into every game for months "hoping" performances (not results on the whole) will improve and team selection appears to mirror this, hope that players play back into form. Unfortunately hope isn't a strategy and we seem to be lacking an alternative currently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312-074204_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230312-074204_Chrome.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 9

How many lines do we need to draw it's been 3 in the last 4 weeks.
The Problem is yesterday wasn't a one off we have been playing crap for weeks
teams seem to have sussed us.
Unfortunately for us we have a poor manager who doesn't have any kind of plan B and rarely makes game changing substitutions, if we are struggling he will bring Sharp on and that's it, despite the fact Sharp looks like a shadow of the player he was last season.
We are just so slow in everything we do or we pass back all the time and then hoof it up too McBurnie who is no Andy Carroll.
Fleck shouldn't be anywhere near the starting side it's like playing with 10 men.
Where has Jebbison disappeared too our bench yesterday was too defensive something I pointed out before the game.
We have a poor manager and an owner who couldn't care less and would sell us to Del Boy. We are also being chased down by a side bang in form who attack at speed and score goals for fun and who strengthened in January.
I do agree with your defensive suggestions I would try Clark with Robinson at LWB and Baldock at RWB. Bogle doesn't seem the same player since his injury and I've always had my doubts about Lowe he just looks like he can't be arsed.
If yesterday was just a one off then I agree stop bed wetting and get behind them but it wasn't, it's bloody hard when you have been so far in front for so long and you can see it slipping away and you can't see any solution other than tinkering with the defence and you have a poor manager.
I am not saying we chuck in the towel of course not, if we win every game Middlesbrough can't do anything to stop us but 90% of our fans can see thats not going to happen. Infact I would say 90% of our fans probably can't see us winning more than 50% of our games left which wouldn't be enough.
It will be probably be the same side against Sunderland and the same boring game like Blackburn, Reading and Luton where we create very little and play like a over 50's walking football side and then we'll be drawing another line.

Back
Top Bottom