Are we hosting the Premier League Champions tonight?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Less than 800 tickets left the afternoon before the game. Pathetic.

S S of P.

I think the club has done ok on the ticketing this year but I think they get the ratio of season tickets v general sale slightly wrong. 1000 more season tickets and 1000 fewer on general sale would have resulted in a sell out pretty much every game I think.

The general sale prices are pretty eye watering for your average Sheffielder (although well in line with the Premier League norm), and when a game is on TV I can't blame non ST holders for watching at home.

That said we'll comfortably average over 30k come season's end.

Personally speaking I would have loved to see us up against the current champions of England. However £40 a ticket plus £40 fuel on a work night takes the glamour away.

Give me Bournemouth and Brighton instead or a season ticket 😁

Surprised it's not sold out, but at £40 a pop, midweek, after Xmas, streams available...

Still should be a great atmosphere if we can keep them out for the first 15 👊
🔴⚪🔴⚪

I think the club has done ok on the ticketing this year but I think they get the ratio of season tickets v general sale slightly wrong. 1000 more season tickets and 1000 fewer on general sale would have resulted in a sell out pretty much every game I think.

The general sale prices are pretty eye watering for your average Sheffielder (although well in line with the Premier League norm), and when a game is on TV I can't blame non ST holders for watching at home.

That said we'll comfortably average over 30k come season's end.
Think that depends if the objective became to sell out every game or get revenue. Simple maths - 1000 extra STs at say £400 = £400,000. That is the equivalent of 434 tickets per game at £40 to be sold.

Think that depends if the objective became to sell out every game or get revenue. Simple maths - 1000 extra STs at say £400 = £400,000. That is the equivalent of 434 tickets per game at £40 to be sold.
That's very true and well reasoned. My personal aim would be a sell out every match and try to offer value for money to as many as possible in as balanced a way as possible but that's probably why I'm not a hard nosed businessman with an Aston Martin in the garage and a statue pissing into a koi carp filled pond in the back 5 acre garden.

If we have unsold tickets for this one there’s something very wrong with our ticket selling restrictions which as said elsewhere needs seriously looking at.
Definitely. If they removed the requirement of loyally points when it gets to general sale we’d have sold out last week. I‘ve no idea why we don’t want to encourage an extra 1,000-1,500 casual fans/ students/kids in if the seats are there. Some could become become regular supporters and the lifeblood of the club.

And just because there are that many tickets unavailable doesn't mean that they will all be there, either. Midweek games will always give people a problem getting there because of work/study/travel commitments.

The two seats either side of me (Row EE in the Kop) are both assigned to season ticket holders but neither have been sat in for a single game all season.

Actually, maybe that says something about me??? :-0

UTB

Definitely. If they removed the requirement of loyally points when it gets to general sale we’d have sold out last week. I‘ve no idea why we don’t want to encourage an extra 1,000-1,500 casual fans/ students/kids in if the seats are there. Some could become become regular supporters and the lifeblood of the club.
ANY United fan who wanted a ticket for this game would be able to get one. The number of loyalty points needed meant only having to go to one cup game or a couple of previous league games. Has also been on family and friends for ST holders since last Friday.

And just because there are that many tickets unavailable doesn't mean that they will all be there, either. Midweek games will always give people a problem getting there because of work/study/travel commitments.

The two seats either side of me (Row EE in the Kop) are both assigned to season ticket holders but neither have been sat in for a single game all season.

Actually, maybe that says something about me??? :-0

UTB

Could well be mine, pretty sure my season ticket it around there somewhere... I just stand at the back with the shouty people :)

It appears that there are c.350 tickets unsold and the overwhelming majority of those are at the back corner of the Kop (South Stand side) and 'restricted view' behind the wall in the Family Corner.

The South Stand/Lane End corner has a single unsold ticket and there are 3 unsold tickets in central blocks of the Lane end upper tier.

There are about a dozen unsold single seats in John Street.

A slight anomaly, that we see in the South Stand for every match, is that it can be shown as sold out, a week or so before the game ( as it was last week) but then the club will belatedly release whole rows of seats at the front of H block.

Either these seats are available or they are not. I can imagine that fans would be pretty hacked off to find that they have paid 40 sheets to get the 'wall view' or the '3 stanchions' view in the South side of the Kop, to then see unrestricted South Stand seats pop up as an option.

Ultimately, though, as has been said previously, the only absolute complete sell-out, where casual supporters would actually pay £40 to accept a restricted view just to ensure they were there, was always going to be the Man U game. And it was - almost 2 weeks before the game too despite it being on telly.

The Man U name remains the biggest draw in football.

ANY United fan who wanted a ticket for this game would be able to get one. The number of loyalty points needed meant only having to go to one cup game or a couple of previous league games. Has also been on family and friends for ST holders since last Friday.

It's not that simple, lots of people don't have loyalty points as a single person has just picked up tickets for the group in the past. I've got a few mates who normally go to around ten games a season. One of whom will be working tonight instead of filling an empty seat because the club won't sell him a ticket.

Yes agreed, but my point was more about people who don't support the club or have any contact with regular fans who might want to take in a game.

It's not that simple, lots of people don't have loyalty points as a single person has just picked up tickets for the group in the past. I've got a few mates who normally go to around ten games a season. One of whom will be working tonight instead of filling an empty seat because the club won't sell him a ticket.
You needed 150 loyalty points. 150. Some games have gone on general sale and those points could have been picked up easily. If they have gone to 10 games a season they would not have a problem getting a game tonight.

It's crazy. We could have sold out every game this season. Now's exactly the time we should be encouraging people to come to their first game.

Yes agreed, but my point was more about people who don't support the club or have any contact with regular fans who might want to take in a game.
And if the club had put on general sale, I bet you there would have been hundreds on here saying that they have been watching the blades for [insert any figure over 20] years and they couldn't get a ticket!

You needed 150 loyalty points. 150. Some games have gone on general sale and those points could have been picked up easily. If they have gone to 10 games a season they would not have a problem getting a game tonight.

Again, lots of people go to games but never registered for points as theres never been any reason to.

My father's an example, he's been going since the early 70s, but hasn't been this season as over the last ten years whenever he's been, I've just bought the ticket for him.

Again, lots of people go to games but never registered for points as theres never been any reason to.

My father's an example, he's been going since the early 70s, but hasn't been this season as over the last ten years whenever he's been, I've just bought the ticket for him.
For the past two seasons you have needed a membership number.

Could well be mine, pretty sure my season ticket it around there somewhere... I just stand at the back with the shouty people :)

Fair enough, pal. It actually helped me out on Boxing Day as my daughter was able to sit next to me after only being able to buy a ticket elsewhere in the Kop. :) Still a shame that we have so many seats vacant though.

That said, it's better than having away fans all over the place in the home ends. I've had a look a few times on these ticketing sites that sell home seats for our away games (usually about £90 a seat) and there is usually quite a bit of availability. Not so for BDTBL though. Seems the touts struggle to get tickets in the home ends at our place. Tickets in the away end tonight, though, are readily available!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom