Apart from us, who is the best team we've seen at the Lane so far?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with that. Norwich were one of the few teams who didn't underestimate us, set up accordingly and came away with a result. Can't argue with that and no sour grapes from me.
Can agree with some of that but what about the time wasting, play acting, injury feigning, questioning every decision to waste more time, contrived confrontations to do the same, and more. You OK with that ? I know all teams do some, but for me that was taking the piss big time with a useless referee.

Brentford were very good initially, and we took a few games to get up to speed. Wolves were skilful, strong, high tempo, and looked the business. If we finish two points behind them we`ll be playing Premier League football next year.

Brentford for me too . Very slick in possession but sadly for them toothless upfront . Brentford also had the best opposition player I've seen aswell .... so good infact that ive forgotten his name :eek: . You'll know who I mean though , the little ginger haired midfielder.

Brentford but wolves judgement clouded by them being a man down , I said before season started thought Brentford were dark horses this season and have picked up after a bad start , but apparently they were not so good at cardiff

Derby created a lot of chance's......

Don’t know what match you were watching. They had 2 half chances all match from Vydra and Nugent.

In general our goalie has had very little to do every match. Our defence might be busy at times but no team has created clear chances at BL apart from Brentford who create 2 easy chances.

Wolves were outplayed in the 1st half and apart from the penalty I can only remember long shots from distance. We were clearly better than them.

Brentford were dark horses this season and have picked up after a bad start , but apparently they were not so good at cardiff

Go on the Cardiff forum and they can’t believe how they won because Brentford were by far the better team.

Go on the Brentford forum and they can’t believe how they lost. They are still confident they’ll finish in the playoffs because they generally outplay teams every match.

I think there are far too many on here showing respect for Wolves and their performance that they don't deserve.

They played with 10 men. So what. We had to play and beat the opposition that was put in front of us. As far as I am concerned we beat them convincingly.

I cannot recall any period in the game where they troubled us and their support reflected that. Quiet for the whole 90 minutes.

I think there are far too many on here showing respect for Wolves and their performance that they don't deserve.

They played with 10 men. So what. We had to play and beat the opposition that was put in front of us. As far as I am concerned we beat them convincingly.

I cannot recall any period in the game where they troubled us and their support reflected that. Quiet for the whole 90 minutes.
We were the better team up to the sending off and it's usually harder playing against ten if the manager changes the formation to a more defensive one

Don’t know what match you were watching. They had 2 half chances all match from Vydra and Nugent.

In general our goalie has had very little to do every match. Our defence might be busy at times but no team has created clear chances at BL apart from Brentford who create 2 easy chances.

Wolves were outplayed in the 1st half and apart from the penalty I can only remember long shots from distance. We were clearly better than them.
Sorry I was being clever, I meant they created a lot of chance's for us

Agree, all 3 of our goals were fortunate but we dominated most of the match and definitely deserved the win. The Derby fans were really quiet and frustrated because they couldn’t get going and hardly threatened.

Not the game I saw. We outplayed them from first to last. They went down to ten men because we were too good for them, not the other way round. We were much the better team and 1-1 would have been a complete travesty.
I think Wolves looked more dangerous than other teams we've played. Not saying we didn't deserve to win.

If you had attended this game,you would not be saying such a foolish thing
Question was who looked the best team we've played. We deserved to win comfortably but if they'd scored the penalty it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could have held on

Can agree with some of that but what about the time wasting, play acting, injury feigning, questioning every decision to waste more time, contrived confrontations to do the same, and more. You OK with that ? I know all teams do some, but for me that was taking the piss big time with a useless referee.

It's nothing new, I've seen worse - Argentina, Italy, Leeds off the top of my head. Plus you see plenty of it in the Premiership every week so if that's where we're heading we'd better get used to it. At least there was no dirty stuff, leg breakers and so on. If that's what teams have to do to get a result against us then it's a measure of how far we have come and is a back-handed compliment really. Of course I don't agree with it but as you say the referees (and EFL/FA) are just as complicit in allowing teams to get away with it. Norwich played within the rules (just) and nobody got hurt. They did us, get over it.

Ok but don’t do it again and no apostrophe please in “chances”, because it’s merely a plural and doesn’t mean “belonging to”, and neither is it representing a missing letter, which is the correct use of an apostrophe.

(Sorry, just being clever also).;)

Brentford so far have been the most impressive team I've seen at the lane this season. Thought we may struggle after we scrapped past them. Thankfully thats not been the case.

Ok but don’t do it again and no apostrophe please in “chances”, because it’s merely a plural and doesn’t mean “belonging to”, and neither is it representing a missing letter, which is the correct use of an apostrophe.

(Sorry, just being clever also).;)
I was trying to lay on a tap in for someone. We've got to start taking these chances.

Really surprised to see people seeing Wolves. I thought we totally dominated the first half (and would have done regardless of the sending off). Start of the second half they looked dangerous, but anything other than a win for us would have been very unfair on the balance of things. We totally controlled the play for the majority of the game.

TBH, the Wolves game was when I actually started to believe we might start to make something of this season (before that I thought we were in nose bleed territory). Not taking anything for granted, but that game was I realised this squad has enough quality to mix it with the best in this league.

Really surprised to see people seeing Wolves. I thought we totally dominated the first half (and would have done regardless of the sending off). Start of the second half they looked dangerous, but anything other than a win for us would have been very unfair on the balance of things. We totally controlled the play for the majority of the game.

TBH, the Wolves game was when I actually started to believe we might start to make something of this season (before that I thought we were in nose bleed territory). Not taking anything for granted, but that game was I realised this squad has enough quality to mix it with the best in this league.

I was exactly the same, in the early days I thought it was mainly opposition teams under estimating us and playing poorly
However at half time against Wolves is the first time that I thought finishing top 2 is possible.
We looked a really impressive outfit that night. Wolves were never at the races really.

The Wolves manager to his credit didn’t make any excuses, didn’t blame the ref or the bad weather (downpour).
He also didn’t make a big deal of the sending off (saying it was deserved) or the missed penalty.
He seemed perplexed and simply said “there were no positives to gain from tonight”.

Brentford by a mile,although if we played them this week don't know if that would be the case.
Wolves ...nah,we weren't really troubled.

Had the pleasure of a pint with some very pissed Wednesdayites last night, who, clearly due to alcohol induced lack of inhibition, all agreed (unprompted by me), that Wilder is some kind of miracle worker, Leon Clarke appears to be a great striker and we are by far the best side they've seen at the Sty this season. My pint tasted good, particularly as one of them bought it
What do you think?

Kudos for remembering to put “part from us in the thread title”, saving you from logging in to 40 notifications of people (including me) responding with “us”.

I can't believe that's their first win in 8

I wasn't that impressed by Fulham nor by their gamesmanship either.

They attack well through Sessegnon but they are nothing special defensively hence the scoreline. They could have easily conceded a few more against Derby at the weekend and that probably explains why Fulham are where they are in the table at the moment.

Brentford were just not clinical enough in front of goal but their football was top quality.

Fulham on attacking, every time they came forward they looked like scoring,
Moved the ball about well with pace.
At times tonight we were chasing shadows, admittedly we didn't help ourselves.

Irritating that Fulham proved some of their comments on pre match view from correct, on the ball and going forward the money spent showed its quality tonight.

However they looked shakey defending, though abmittedly not as Shakey as us tonight.

They will be top six contenders by the end of the season.

For 15 minutes Fulham >>>>> Anyone in years. Then scored 5 while not playing anywhere near as well.

Back
Top Bottom