Anyone else see that big black cloud?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worksop_Blade

Reaction score
This season has been a stormer even if we manage to balls it up in spectacular fashion, but saying we do go up automatically, then what does next season bring?

1. Half of the senior players/ big earners are out of contract and can be whipped away from us for nothing.

2. The club have admitted there isn't a pot to piss in money wise so it's not like these big earners can offered the wages they are used to and theres no money to buy replacements.

3. This team apart from Flynn, Maguire & McD are the same team that sunk without a trace last season getting bullied by all who played it.

4. Norwich and Southampton's storm through the leagues is admirable but United are no where near that level, the team still shows signs of weakness.

5. We don't have a League One standard Left Back never mind Championship standard.

6. Our secondary striker is 34 and has looked good this season against The Kings Head and The Blue Boar but has he got another Championship season in him?

Really my point is that although we have basked in the sunshine that is dicking pub teams for a season, I've got a feeling its going to start pissing it down again in August.

But before all that we have to beat MK Dons and Stevenage to guarantee Championship football.

don't think so.. it is all about leadership and management.. barcelona would have got relegated with bootwell and ale house in charge.. we should never have come down in the first place. the desert rats were a laughing stock until Monty took over.. same blokes .. world beaters.

If ST sales are doing as well as are intimated, plus we lose some of the bigger earners i.e. Simonsen, Montgomery, Cresswell, who is not to say that McCabe will not back Wilson in the transfer market? If we lose the players that have admittedly done well this season but underperformed in the championship, let us trust Wilsons' judgment in the market, the wage bill we have now should enable us to be at least upper lower half/bottom of the top half in the championship.

Wages generally will be lower in the Championship than last year and certainly from when many of our higher earners agreed their contracts.

We've all see it , not really worth commenting until we know for sure what league we will be in
Leave that to the delusioneers at s 6

Thats it Worksop
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE. :)

There will be loads of players capable of playing in the Championship available in the close season. The club will know what it needs to do to stay up/push on

There's a bloody great big black cloud outside my office window here in Hatfield. Sod all to do with the Blades though.

The only black cloud for me is defeatist attitudes like yours Worksop (no offence!). Let's sort this season out and then worry about next season.

For what it's worth, I thought we'd come 14th this season; based on the inept performances last year and the fact that McCabe's decision making was questionable (Micky Adams on a 3 year deal?!). I was unsure about Wilson but am glad to have been proved wrong.

article-0-03292BD2000005DC-209_468x537.jpg

Don't ever get a girlfriend Worksop, you'll only spend all your time waiting for her to dump you.

UPDATE:

7. Our main striker and top goalscorer has signed for HM Prison service.

UPDATE:

7. Our main striker and top goalscorer has signed for HM Prison service.

He will however be playing alone. Rapist are not well liked in prison, a rich rapist will need a lot of protection. He is going to have a very ugly time inside.

He will however be playing alone. Rapist are not well liked in prison, a rich rapist will need a lot of protection. He is going to have a very ugly time inside.

I like the way prisoners develop a moral compass when a peado, murderer or rapist gets sent inside.

Just not a good enough compass to keep themselves out of prison either.

I work in insurance

I interviewed a bloke a few weeks ago who admitted previous convictions for rape (got 10 years) and drug dealing (got 3 yrs). He then went on to complain about toe rags who broke into his house!:confused:

I think that all our players will NOT find a "Land of Milk & Honey" waiting for them elsewhere.

Football is starting to realise that the days of an "open cheque book market" has long gone.

Most of our players will jump at the chance to re-sign for the Blades if an offer is put onto the table. We've already heard that Simonsen wants to stay. I'm certain there will be others.

This season has been a stormer even if we manage to balls it up in spectacular fashion, but saying we do go up automatically, then what does next season bring?

1. Half of the senior players/ big earners are out of contract and can be whipped away from us for nothing.

2. The club have admitted there isn't a pot to piss in money wise so it's not like these big earners can offered the wages they are used to and theres no money to buy replacements.

3. This team apart from Flynn, Maguire & McD are the same team that sunk without a trace last season getting bullied by all who played it.

4. Norwich and Southampton's storm through the leagues is admirable but United are no where near that level, the team still shows signs of weakness.

5. We don't have a League One standard Left Back never mind Championship standard.

6. Our secondary striker is 34 and has looked good this season against The Kings Head and The Blue Boar but has he got another Championship season in him?

Really my point is that although we have basked in the sunshine that is dicking pub teams for a season, I've got a feeling its going to start pissing it down again in August.
There are atrocious weaknesses in this team, goalkeeper, left back, and Collins anmd Doyle cannot play at a higher level. It really is that simple.Quinn cannot perform well in division 3, aside from McDonald we shall struggle there.
Yes...mediocrity or a relegation dogfight..IF promoted..a big if ....

The sky has brightened up today.

Come on lads lets finish this job and get out of this rubbish league.

Fans will play a big part today...

Rubbish league? Most fun I've had supporting United in years.

Thats what I like about blades starting threads like this the blind optimism

Honestly think if wed beaten Barcelona 5-1 away in a cl qualifier some would come in here and worry about the goal wed let in, is it the start of a defensive decline

for gods sake LETS TRY AND BE POSITIVE please why must every one only ever see what might go wrong

Does no fan at the Lane ever see the sun come up, or are they forever walking about under heavy dark clouds

If Ched had been sent off hed have missed the last 3 and was out of contract which is cancelled automatically , so weve lost nothing as a club, in fact they can fine him 2 weeks and weve got his last 4 performances for nothing

Back
Top Bottom