Any Blades in ROC (Taiwan)?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TaxiBlade

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure right place,

I searched but found nothing. I wondered if there are any Blades in Taiwan?
Football isn't popular here. Difficult to find places to watch matches here!

I'm in the south, but I guess more chance of someone being in Taipei in the north.

Reactions: ZLB

On a scale of one to ten, how nervous are you about China?

Anyways UTB
0 really. It's all just western bollocks news.

I'm more interested in finding somewhere to watch matches right now. Things are very relaxed here! haha
Also thinking about the blades. If you was invaded would you support Chengdu?
I thought it was great when we had this other club linked to us, but didn't it go bust or corruption or something?

Either way, I wish I had bought a shirt now, as I like this kind of stuff! Nostalgia and things that other people don't have!

-

So far, no takers here. Surely there must be 1 Blade here! There are 23 million people here! I saw 2 Man U shirts in the 711 earlier. First time today I wore a United shirt was today, and they noticed me! However we didn't chat.

Hi,

Not sure right place,

I'm in the south, but I guess more chance of someone being in Taipei in the north.
If only you were asking this question 20 years ago - I spent 4 months in Tainan in 2003. Didn't meet any other Blades anyway

Kev Lax from Hackenthorpe is there, or he was there a few years ago. Not sure if he's a blade and even into football to be fair. I dont have any contact details and not sure exactly what he looks like nowadays but before he used to have darkish hair I think,

Long shot I know but a starting point - good luck, tell him I sent you

Kev Lax from Hackenthorpe is there, or he was there a few years ago. Not sure if he's a blade and even into football to be fair. I dont have any contact details and not sure exactly what he looks like nowadays but before he used to have darkish hair I think,

Long shot I know but a starting point - good luck, tell him I sent you
Imagine - the poor guy spends years driving around Taiwan in his taxi hunting down Kev from Hackenthorpe, only to discover he doesn’t even like football.

”Mr Lax, I presume! Blade or pig?”

”y’what?”

”oh, bollocks”

"Speaking of the Blades, what are your thoughts on the potential threat of invasion from a hostile superpower?"
I think prior to 24th Feb 2022 most of us would have recognised Russia as a hostile superpower. Fourteen months later, ‘hostile‘ most definitely, but ‘superpower’ definitely not. Let’s just hope we don’t find out the same with China v Taiwan. Some lovely people in Taiwan including an ex girlfriend after visiting and working there for a few years. Why can’t nations just get on with each other? Although after saying that, we can’t even get on with the other lot in S6, so what chance is there of countries seeing eye to eye.

If only you were asking this question 20 years ago - I spent 4 months in Tainan in 2003. Didn't meet any other Blades anyway
I'm going there today!

Week off, so doing some train hopping. It's amazing here, they have trains, that actually operate! Clean, turn up on time and cheap. Gonna miss this if I ever come back to UK 😂

I think prior to 24th Feb 2022 most of us would have recognised Russia as a hostile superpower. Fourteen months later, ‘hostile‘ most definitely, but ‘superpower’ definitely not. Let’s just hope we don’t find out the same with China v Taiwan. Some lovely people in Taiwan including an ex girlfriend after visiting and working there for a few years. Why can’t nations just get on with each other? Although after saying that, we can’t even get on with the other lot in S6, so what chance is there of countries seeing eye to eye.
Can't see anything happening here. Everyone compares it to Russia/Ukraine, but I don't think it's the same for many reasons (that I won't go into) - one thing I like here, is not endless politics conversations like in England.
You're right about lovely people here. It's a great place to live, however if you like football and English breakfasts you'll struggle 😂

Hi,

Not sure right place,

Is it still double fare on Christmas Eve over there?

Hi,

Not sure right place,

I'm prob wrong but sure a Blade on here moved there. Gamblingblade moved somewhere like that for work I seem to recall

"Speaking of the Blades, what are your thoughts on the potential threat of invasion from a hostile superpower?"

Growing up as a Blade, it's something you get used to every derby day...!! 😰😉😂

Still have a Chengdu Blades scarf somewhere if you need it.
I think it's shame that that turned out to be crap.

If we had taken off in China, that would have been massive for funds.

My English friend (living in USA) is a Man City fan (a proper one, not a recent one) and when he goes to Shanghai, he says the support there is massive, and creates huge amounts of funds. They have official shops there, as do the other big few teams.

I think my trek to watch the match was probably longer than most people from Sheffield to Wembley.

It turned out to be a difficult game to watch here (at midnight ish).

It's not interesting video for anything other than seeing the other side of the world trying to watch a match. I actually ran out of footage on the camera memory because I had to walk most of the way and just talked to the camera to pass some time, but I cut it all out of the film as I try and keep my films to about 6 minutes, and this still is about 10. Met some very interesting people on the way though, and the bar I ended up in stayed open with only me in it, so I could watch the finish! Both bar staff didn't mind, so I was happy with that.

hahaha.

fantastic mate. well done you with the local lingo (šhāó chóńg máo!) enjoyed the video! please update this thread as and when. brilliant.

I think my trek to watch the match was probably longer than most people from Sheffield to Wembley.

It turned out to be a difficult game to watch here (at midnight ish).

It's not interesting video for anything other than seeing the other side of the world trying to watch a match. I actually ran out of footage on the camera memory because I had to walk most of the way and just talked to the camera to pass some time, but I cut it all out of the film as I try and keep my films to about 6 minutes, and this still is about 10. Met some very interesting people on the way though, and the bar I ended up in stayed open with only me in it, so I could watch the finish! Both bar staff didn't mind, so I was happy with that.

How you got a mullet AND a combover?

Back
Top Bottom