Andy Drury?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LoughboroBlade

Reaction score
An Ipswich Town fans site seems to think we're competing with them to sign Luton winger Andy Drury. First I've heard of it - is this a name anyone's familiar with, or heard us linked with recently?

Story on the BBC suggests a number of clubs looking at him:

Luton Town acknowledge Andy Drury interest
Luton have received interest in winger Andy Drury, according to assistant boss Gary Brabin.

The 27-year-old is reportedly attracting admirers from the Championship and League One.

"There's bound to be interest but at the moment he's still our player," Brabin told BBC Three Counties Radio.

"At the moment Andy is still our player, obviously you're always going to get rumours when there's good players about."

Drury raised eyebrows in the summer when he turned down a new deal at Stevenage, who he had just helped win promotion to League Two, in favour of the Hatters in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

But Brabin believes the attention surrounding the midfielder, who has netted eight times in 25 games this season, has justified his move.

"We play a different brand of football here from what they play at Stevenage," said Brabin.

"He was successful at Stevenage and hopefully he's successful here as well."

Drury started out at non-league Sittingbourne before spells at Eastbourne and Lewes.

He had two years at Stevenage, scoring seven goals in 57 league appearances.

I know very little about the lad but 8 goals for a wide player is a good return at any level. If he's got any pace or trickery about him then he could be just what we need. Sounds like he will cost us though if a bidding war ensues.

I've no knowledge of him, but 27 is an odd age for a player to rise out of non-league to the Championship.

Micky knows best. :)

According to another article he has a 150k buy-out clause

I saw that as well, even United could stretch to that surely!

It might be difficult if southern clubs are in for him as he wouldnt have to move that far, but who knows Micky might be able to persuade him. As I said before, I know virrtually nothing about him but if he's a winger and has pace then perhaps he's worth a look.

isnt this the guy with the walking problem who fronted the blockheads?
doesn't sound like a good signing to me, tho probably litllemore mobile than a few in the current squad :)
cant say ive heard much of him, anyone enlighten me?

MunXy

isnt this the guy with the walking problem who fronted the blockheads?
doesn't sound like a good signing to me, tho probably litllemore mobile than a few in the current squad :)
cant say ive heard much of him, anyone enlighten me?

MunXy

Steady On, he might 'Hit you with his rhythm stick'

I'm lead to believe that Luton have accepted 3 offers for him, all in the region of £150k. They are from Ipswich, United and Coventry (apparently that is his current prefference order). He will go to Ipswich if they sell Norris to Pompey, otheriwse he will come to us.

Back
Top Bottom