Am i allowed to say we did alright tonight?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We made mistakes with their goals but overall i reckon we played some good stuff. A shame we had to make subs for the lads who went off with cramp as i'm sure we had a great chance to win the game and it upset our rhythm.
We will be fine.
Louder for the people at the back 👏 🚀

Pretty much my assessment.

Call August a write off, get some bodies in by September and Palace and Forest are the sort of games we win.

AND START WITH A BETTER FUCKING LINE UP, jeez.

'get some bodies in by September' doing a bit of lifting there. Long road til we register a point. We're very fucking poor.

We played half decent but these are the third worst side in the league. Us & Luton are absolutely miles away from the standard.

'get some bodies in by September' doing a bit of lifting there. Long road til we register a point. We're very fucking poor.

Busy 12 days ahead for transfer business, write off Man City obviously. The complexion of the side will look considerably stronger for Everton at home on the second.

Yeah we're a bit shit at the minute and have no depth, but I see no reason to believe we'll be shit for a whole 9 months.

Busy 12 days ahead for transfer business, write off Man City obviously. The complexion of the side will look considerably stronger for Everton at home on the second.

Yeah we're a bit shit at the minute and have no depth, but I see no reason to believe we'll be shit for a whole 9 months.

I'm sounding a whining cunt, but out budget is bollocks. So not expecting A, B or even C targets coming in (not necessarily blaming the club for this btw). My second whiny cunt bit is that the busy 12 days also applies to every fcker else, so I'm expecting our fellow league dregs to get better.

It's all positive. Just a shame we have some team called Man City next and not Luton.
No , we are totally unprepared - we needed to have the big guns in the first four games and then zero points wouldn't have been so damaging.
We have got nowt from 2 relegation rivals which will influence our chances more than losing to City

Reminded me very much of the covid season, not much between us and a side that is finishing 17th to 12th.. but we lost by the odd goal and got zero points.

And much like the Covid season we are finishing 20th, dead last

Certainly allowed to be positive. We need some positivity and that performance was more encouraging.

Positives: Hamer and Souza's first starts and games together and a huge improvement straight away. Both will get better and hopefully with another addition in there we'll be much stronger. Traore looked a threat and seemed to cause problems more than last week. We created opportunities and a few chances. Liked to have seen Osula use his left on that chance rather than the flick with his right.

Negatives: The left-side is weak and will cost us time and time again imho. Whether we have time and money to ship Lowe out and get a solid replacement I don't know but neither LWB are remotely good enough defensively. Two bad goals conceded. Both good deliveries but no one close to stopping the crosses and each time easily getting in between Egan and Anel. Imho Forest were poor but won the game with that bit more individual quality and our weaknesses.

Overall more encouragement than last week and some hope we'll improve over time. Not sure I agree we'll be fine at this point as I think we'd have lost to most other PL teams tonight. Whether we can bring in better players to make a difference awaits to be seen.

We made mistakes with their goals but overall i reckon we played some good stuff. A shame we had to make subs for the lads who went off with cramp as i'm sure we had a great chance to win the game and it upset our rhythm.
We will be fine.
100%

We will be fine.
Yes yes u are

We did alright, positives were Hamer and Souza, fantastic goal and tbf Forest took their goals well, but our defence needs to be better from crosses, Mark Hudson new defence coach will be working on it am sure. Ultimately it’s another defeat a stinks of last time we was in PL although I do think our squads better however the league has improved. We need to pick our best players Trusty was/is highly rated so why is he on the bench, has Max Lowe ever had a great game for us? I think not I think he’s been decent at best why not play Larouci he’s better going forward and about on par with Lowe defensively. Egan is the new captain he needs to marshal crosses better that’s 3 times we’ve been dicked now and we have Man City next, 2 games with good points opportunities gone as far as I’m concerned, need to act quicker in market can’t be relying on youngsters and players like Lowe, Osborn, Basham an J Rob.

We will be fine.
Play like that and we’ll be hard to beat. Thought Forest were lucky in the end
We just played like that and got beat by arguably the 4th worst team in the league.

We cannot play like that we have to be much much better.

This was Forest last season.....its going to take time to adjust. Particularly when you lose your best player.

But it was a decent improvement in 6 days....thats ok.....now let's plug a few more gaps in the Squad if we have any intention of staying up.

Much improved from Palace but still well short of being good enough to stay up. With all due respect to those concerned, some involved last night should be nowhere near a Premier league bench, let alone a starting 11.. We are still at least 3 short, especially at the top of the pitch as Hecky said afterwards.

Great effort though and some good positives.

Larouci was a significant upgrade on Lowe, (not hard) and will hopefully start from now on.

Souza looked good and will hopefully be up to speed soon.

Bennie will get better and better as he adjusts to the pace of the Prem, like Illiman, he's very strong for a little one.

Hamer will boss games for us with the right players around him. Amazing goal and a grafting shift.

Hopefully Trusty is close to starting because Calamity Robbo has started to reappear which effects Egan, which effects Anel....weakest link in defence by a country mile.

Where was Slimane, presumably injured?

Finally.....special mention for Little Ben. I'm one of his biggest critics but he was our best player on the park last night.

Played a lot better than against Palace , can’t fault the effort but still lacking quality . Whilever were conceding soft goals & until were offer a greater goal threat we’re gonna struggle in this league . Let’s hope we do some good business in the next 2 weeks & see where we are ... currently though we’re still short for this level

Don’t know why people are surprised by all this nonsense. The signs were there ages ago . Prince trying to do a City Football Group thing with United World rather than concentrating on build a solid foundation with the seasons in the prem . It’s ridiculous that we will have spent 3 seasons out of 5 in the prem and are still shopping in Poundland . When we final get an owner who has a 1,3 , 10 year plan the better . You get what you pay for

Hmm. Having been critical of Larouchi v Stuttgart I saw a huge improvement in him last night. If he keeps improving at that rate he'll be a revelation and will fix the LWB issue. Too early to say but during the part of the game where our players weren't out on their feet we played som good football. Fitness and squad depth did for us.

We did alright but we still need quality if we want our out work everyone on the pitch ethic will result in points.

i said at work that this is going to sound like madness because 2 games 2 defeats but we are exceeding expectations right now, hecky is performing wonders to make us competitive with what we have. its up to the prince to get his finger out & get the players in that manager wanted 3 weeks ago. because it is frustrating that everyone else was up & running for august & we are waiting until 2nd september.

which is frustrating because surivial doesnt look as tough as we thought it was, i would say we had tougher games v play off teams in championship

Not sure why Davies didn't come on rather than Basham or Brooks. I get that he is not match fit but surely he could manage half an hour.

How much did Illiman cost us ?

How much did Brewster cost us ?

Did we get what we paid for ?
Fair point but did Illy actually cost us anything and not sure we paid the money quoted for the others

Traore should have scored , but he made keeper save it, it was a long ball that was an error from forest, their 2 goals were unchallenged crosses into the box, if we continue to allow that we will concede every week and 5-6 against the better teams
Its was a very similar event that happened at Leeds a few years ago.....................but there was nobody arriving, as Basham did

Does anyone know where I can find the full game??

We will be fine.
Yes I agree totally, and just a reminder to the nay sayers amongst us…The Man City game starts at 0-0, so we’ve always got a chance.

Back
Top Bottom